These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Dev Blog: Capsuleers: Keeping CONCORD busy since 2003.

First post First post
Author
CCP Diagoras
C C P
C C P Alliance
#21 - 2012-01-20 15:09:12 UTC
Grideris wrote:
Hey, that was my question! Nice to see it answered quickly. I honestly didn't think that there would be that many kills by hulks, but I guess many of those would have been hulks getting on the KM with CONCORD coming in to deliver the final blow. There isn't any way to desperate the ones with and without CONCORD intervention, is there?

Those numbers are actually based on final blows. Not bad, really.
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-01-20 15:09:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Kolonko
CCP Diagoras wrote:
[quote=Chris Wheeler]

Here it is, with all exhumers, mining barges, industrials and transport ships.

Can we get RAW DATA??? thx.
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#23 - 2012-01-20 15:10:00 UTC
2011 was a great year to gank haulers in empire - Lack of insurance means nothing. Especially with the Tornados easily ganking even prepared people. 2012 will be great if we don't get too much competition

Pinky
Illectroculus Defined
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-01-20 15:10:52 UTC
Would be interesting to compute a success rate for each hull type - i.e. how many hulls were involved in at least one killmail as a result of their concord loss.
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#25 - 2012-01-20 15:14:18 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:

Limiting to high sec; 7 freighters and 1 jump freighter have been killed by either CONCORD or sentry guns since Trinity (Dec 2007).

LOL - I guess crime didn't pay for those hopefully 8 pilots
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-01-20 15:27:05 UTC
I think you need to look at TEARS alliance being third on that list to see how much CCP has nerfed 'unconventional gameplay', thats all they have left.

If i remember they had a table on the subject of this at the 2011 fanfest. I imagine a CCP dev took notes and then went about nerfing everything that was brought up :p

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
#27 - 2012-01-20 15:28:23 UTC
No mention of the golden days of insurance fraud? Made incursions look like mining as an income for a while - happy times!

Fear God and Thread Nought

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2012-01-20 15:57:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Weaselior
You should tally mackinaw deaths!

Also this is basically the best devblog in forever, keep up the good work.

edit oh you already did awesome

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-01-20 16:01:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Karadion
Goonswarm losers? I call this winning! Also you should compile a tally of non-GSF/TEST gankers who lost their ships to concord trying to gank mackinaws / hulks since October. Because a 10 hour hero is all we need to gank hundred million plus ships.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2012-01-20 16:02:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Weaselior
CCP Diagoras wrote:
Grideris wrote:
Hey, that was my question! Nice to see it answered quickly. I honestly didn't think that there would be that many kills by hulks, but I guess many of those would have been hulks getting on the KM with CONCORD coming in to deliver the final blow. There isn't any way to desperate the ones with and without CONCORD intervention, is there?

Those numbers are actually based on final blows. Not bad, really.

CONCORD never gets credited with the final blow if there are players on the killmail. If a hulk does damage to a ganker during a gank, the hulk gets the killmail even if they are long dead when the ganker pops.

edit: so in other words, that list of hulk killmails is a list of all hulks that had combat drones out when someone tried to gank them. It's likely that only a tiny percentage of them actually made the kill.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Menrith Hadel
Boop Brigade
#31 - 2012-01-20 16:04:12 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:
Chribba wrote:
pew pew!!

here's one? - how many freighters/jf's have been popped by my doughnut friends?

/c

Limiting to high sec; 7 freighters and 1 jump freighter have been killed by either CONCORD or sentry guns since Trinity (Dec 2007).

Name and shame.
Fuujin
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2012-01-20 16:08:19 UTC
Nice. So with a little help from friends, Ice Interdiction equalled or exceeded hulkageddon in industrial ship destruction.

:smugdog:

Solomar Espersei
Quality Assurance
#33 - 2012-01-20 16:13:13 UTC
Considering how vastly outnumbered we are by the other ganking alliances, I think we've given quite a good accounting of ourselves placing 3rd on the list. Agreed that lack of insurance is relatively meaningless, particularly in the case of the Thrasher. I might point out to the Devs that it is quite obvious why Caldari space is so dangerous. It happens to be the home of the WalMart of EVE; Jita 4-4. We in TEARS take the Willie Sutton approach to our criminal enterprise. That is to say, if one of the other hubs were to somehow surpass Jita, we'd probably have to move our operations. Until that happens, Caldari space will remain a shooting gallery.

Quality Assurance Recruiting intrepid explorers and BlOps/Cov Ops combat enthusiasts

Hagbard23Celine
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-01-20 16:15:03 UTC
I got one.
Total value destroyed vs. Total survived except hulks :)
Tus
Kryten Solutions
Tus Network
#35 - 2012-01-20 16:16:01 UTC
I would be interested in seeing how many ships/types are lost to each Empire Faction ;)
CowRocket Void
Of Tears and ISK
ISK.Net
#36 - 2012-01-20 16:20:42 UTC  |  Edited by: CowRocket Void
Weaselior wrote:

CONCORD never gets credited with the final blow if there are players on the killmail. If a hulk does damage to a ganker during a gank, the hulk gets the killmail even if they are long dead when the ganker pops.

edit: so in other words, that list of hulk killmails is a list of all hulks that had combat drones out when someone tried to gank them. It's likely that only a tiny percentage of them actually made the kill.

Not completely true
Linky

and just b/c im proud of this:
Linky

rt click links open in new tab....they add a "amp;" in the middle for some dumb reason if you just click

bleeding shadow darkness > did i just saw a red procurer? :P

shirohoshi
#37 - 2012-01-20 16:22:40 UTC
Not sure if you have answered this yet.

What has been the total orca losses from the time they can out, and what kills them the most?
also
Can you give a full rundown of the indy ships that were lost in each of the Hulkageddons, so we can see if each year has been high or lower then the year before?
GokuZWar
Free People of Earth
#38 - 2012-01-20 16:25:57 UTC
How many hulks have gotten kills since 2007...just as a flip on the gankers...?
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-01-20 16:28:00 UTC
CowRocket Void wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

Not completely true
http://angelus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12024631

and just b/c im proud of this:
http://angelus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9699785

You're terrible at linking.
Hulk Smasher
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2012-01-20 16:28:39 UTC
Between I and Hulk Basher we are 17% of our Alliances exploding at min for 2011 :smug: with over 600 ship losses.

Relive 2011 with me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zue8udrDkOs