These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ALL V Simulation Mode.

Author
Rolarz
STELLA GLADIIS
#1 - 2017-01-17 04:05:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Rolarz
Maybe it was even sure what was - not found. Don't understand why the simulation mode is not possible to switch to ALL5. This is an obvious and much used feature. If this point is implemented, the simulator will be much more friendly.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-01-17 05:04:41 UTC
Why? Theroy crafting is fine and all, but learning to optimize what you have or test builds that you could actually use is far more important.

Also if this feature was implemented it would cause more whining that new players don't start will level V skills.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Rolarz
STELLA GLADIIS
#3 - 2017-01-17 05:36:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Rolarz
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Why? Theroy crafting is fine and all, but learning to optimize what you have or test builds that you could actually use is far more important.

Also if this feature was implemented it would cause more whining that new players don't start will level V skills.

In any case, i see no problem with this. If you add the possibility of all 5 - it will greatly improve user quality for simulator. Less will be required of third-party program to create fit's. As for the new players, the vision will allow them to better pump their characters.
Mala Zvitorepka
Karthen-Woight
#4 - 2017-01-17 10:36:54 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

It will help to make plans for further skill training. Say the desired build is over PG. Will AWU 5 instead of 3 help or should you spend time on something else? Hard to say, you might be fine or still a bit over.

I believe current skills, max alpha skills and all-5 are relevant and should be an option in the tool.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#5 - 2017-01-17 11:34:54 UTC
Most theory crafting is planning for the future. I brought up the all 5 argument in the thread for ghost fitting. They said they'd consider it for the future.

But right now simulation is useful for checking a fit right before you buy it or editing fits without having to import them all again.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

blargderp
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2017-01-17 11:43:14 UTC
why not add an option to simulate fully skilled alpha clones as well?
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2017-01-17 11:51:27 UTC
blargderp wrote:

That one works.
Or make it an omega/alpha toggle that projects what your locked skills would do if you were omega.

But the all level 5 thing is useless unless you have all level 5s because it isn't realistically obtainable.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#8 - 2017-01-17 14:51:58 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
blargderp wrote:

That one works.
Or make it an omega/alpha toggle that projects what your locked skills would do if you were omega.

But the all level 5 thing is useless unless you have all level 5s because it isn't realistically obtainable.

Its used to compare ships on an equal level based on what they are capable of. It's the standard for theory crafting.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Mala Zvitorepka
Karthen-Woight
#9 - 2017-01-18 10:04:07 UTC
Eh, for no-drone T1 frigs/destroyers it takes about a year to have nearly everything relevant at 5 (without injectors). Plus there are tons of other benefits for hypothetical fits - say to check if algos is a viable 1v1 ship, but you have focused on thrasher skills so far and don't have drones yet.