These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Over crowded

First post
Author
Akane Togenada
Doomheim
#21 - 2017-01-15 21:44:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Akane Togenada
I'm hard pressed to find any systems outside of Trade Hub constellations where there's 37 players. Even high sec is sparsely populated in some areas.
ValentineMichael Smith
Farnham's Freehold
#22 - 2017-01-15 22:39:02 UTC
I'm in a high sec spot about 10 jumps from the closest trade hub. 31 people there at the moment. There isn't a ton of Asteroid fields to draw people either. About 12. But I just looked and counted 70 Moons. So maybe that is the draw for this system, moon mining.

But at any rate, the total number of people online seemed like it jumped dramatically even before the free to play. Maybe something they did with structures or something drew old players back. If so, congratulations. :D Would like to know if they had a huge increase in paid subscriptions, which would of course be good for everyone.
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais
The Bannermen
The Initiative.
#23 - 2017-01-16 01:53:57 UTC
ValentineMichael Smith wrote:
I'm in a high sec spot .... moon mining.

Sorry, try again
u3pog
Ministerstvo na otbranata
#24 - 2017-01-16 03:49:32 UTC
Used to be a high of 23K-27K players during peak times. Now its often over 50K.
There were 37 people in my home system tonight.
Eve, thank you so much for letting everyone and their brother play for free now
so that us subscribing players can fight with them over resources.

So you consider people in Ventures or T1 cruisers to be a competition?
ISD Buldath
#25 - 2017-01-16 04:00:31 UTC
Fighting for the right to claim resources is the whole point of the game.

Grab your guns, Get some friends and go fight for them!

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#26 - 2017-01-16 07:24:43 UTC
Bumping never gets old...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Jacques d'Orleans
#27 - 2017-01-16 07:53:51 UTC
Used to be a high of 23K-27K players during peak times. Now its often over 50K.
There were 37 people in my home system tonight.
Eve, thank you so much for letting everyone and their brother play for free now
so that us subscribing players can fight with them over resources.

Well then, leave your High Sec system and go to another one or move to Low which is, in some places, rather empty most times, except maybe the weekends.
Jacques d'Orleans
#28 - 2017-01-16 07:54:59 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Bumping never gets old...

Bump it until they cry like an Anime Fan on Prom night! Big smile
Gregorius Goldstein
Queens of the Drone Age
#29 - 2017-01-16 09:29:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregorius Goldstein
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais wrote:
1,907 Highsec systems
7,801 total accessible systems. (low, high, wh, etc)

Cry me a river, troll.

Haha, if they only used half of those 1,907 HS systems things would be different. But even DOTLAN is rocket science to them and so they clutch together and all orbit around the same empty roids whining in help. They have heard tales about systems beyond starter systems, trade hubs and their mining spot. But onyl the boldest dare to go there.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2017-01-16 09:42:58 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
When your system is in TiDi every day because it's too busy and you aren't at a trade hub or SOE mission hub, then you can complain about crowding.

Well... Since the Alpha expansion JIta is figurally closed for me. It is so slow and laggy. Market is almost dead..... I even visit my JIta trading char once a week these days.... Cannot force myself to check his stuff more often Shocked

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Thursday Park-Laine
Queens of the Drone Age
#31 - 2017-01-16 10:15:54 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
When your system is in TiDi every day because it's too busy and you aren't at a trade hub or SOE mission hub, then you can complain about crowding.

Well... Since the Alpha expansion JIta is figurally closed for me. It is so slow and laggy. Market is almost dead..... I even visit my JIta trading char once a week these days.... Cannot force myself to check his stuff more often Shocked

I have no problems, not even at peak times. Maybe internet connection and gaming rig are important?
Troy Amarr
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2017-01-16 17:49:22 UTC
Sameli Adelora wrote:
Hell Yeah!!! I love fighting alphas! Oh wait that's not what you were talking about was it.
On the other side of you complaint guess what more people to buy your resources and use your resources which makes them more valuable.

True, we can sell them things they can't acquire on their own. Very good point I didn't of.

I love how when you try to share an opinion with CCP certain people call you a troll or a whiner. But it was only two that I saw and the rest of you had some good comments on the subject. Thanks! Really expected to be flamed worse than that, knowing how these forums usually are. :D

What's the problem? More players = More EvE.. The more people that pick this game up the more content we get.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#33 - 2017-01-17 07:08:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
The lag and response times suck lately. Not sure if this is due to more players or poor code. I'm going to go with the latter, though - as we've seen some pretty horrible performance in the past when there were low numbers of players. There are certainly a lot of times when it seems like 'braindead' in a box...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2017-01-17 08:52:01 UTC
Thursday Park-Laine wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

I have no problems, not even at peak times. Maybe internet connection and gaming rig are important?

It is but strangely it became important exactly when Alpha expansion was deployed. And no changes in my rig or internet connection was detected since. Only EVE servers/client are changed.
Need to say today it was better. Market worked well and selling stuff returned to alive state.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#35 - 2017-01-17 09:56:00 UTC
Overcrowded? The more the merrier.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#36 - 2017-01-17 15:27:32 UTC
I'm in a high sec spot about 10 jumps from the closest trade hub. 31 people there at the moment. There isn't a ton of Asteroid fields to draw people either. About 12. But I just looked and counted 70 Moons. So maybe that is the draw for this system, moon mining.

But at any rate, the total number of people online seemed like it jumped dramatically even before the free to play. Maybe something they did with structures or something drew old players back. If so, congratulations. :D Would like to know if they had a huge increase in paid subscriptions, which would of course be good for everyone.

You're a six year old character and still mining in high sec? https://i.imgur.com/SEpCU.mp4
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#37 - 2017-01-17 15:50:18 UTC
There was a time long ago before Hilmar (IIRC) pushed through WiS which the community generally wasnt keen on when numbers were at 45-55k stable, before F2P aswell. I like seeing the numbers at this level again but I know that its not as positive as it could be as a good number of those are alpha's.

That being said, if some of those alpha's sub and stay it could see some recovery in the life of EVE as far as payed accounts go, and those that dont stay will at least have had time and chance to try it.
Previous page12