These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

AFK idea (actually not , its copy from DCUO)

Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#21 - 2012-01-20 08:05:36 UTC
Tepir wrote:
what you say have no logic, you want it to have logic but it doesnt .
Which part?
The part where the guy going AFK has no control over how people respond?
The part where it's the alliance that choses to decrease their power, not the AFK:er?

Or the part where, due to how having an “AFK” flag beside your name won't convey any kind of useful information?
Quote:
Having afk player in every system where ratting is worth doin is way to decrease certain alliance and/or corporation power. Same as killing POS.
…except that losing a POS isn't something the alliance chooses to do, whereas flipping out over a single AFK player is.
Quote:
If not disable it atleast make it harder .
The question remains: why? The problem lies with the alliance that chooses to fold up and cower in fear, not with the guy going AFK. That's what needs to be fixed, if anything.
Quote:
And this would make sleeping in enemy's important systems harder .
No, it wouldn't.
Tepir
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-01-20 08:32:11 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Tepir wrote:
what you say have no logic, you want it to have logic but it doesnt .
Which part?
The part where the guy going AFK has no control over how people respond?
The part where it's the alliance that choses to decrease their power, not the AFK:er?

Or the part where, due to how having an “AFK” flag beside your name won't convey any kind of useful information?
Quote:
Having afk player in every system where ratting is worth doin is way to decrease certain alliance and/or corporation power. Same as killing POS.
…except that losing a POS isn't something the alliance chooses to do, whereas flipping out over a single AFK player is.
Quote:
If not disable it atleast make it harder .
The question remains: why? The problem lies with the alliance that chooses to fold up and cower in fear, not with the guy going AFK. That's what needs to be fixed, if anything.
Quote:
And this would make sleeping in enemy's important systems harder .
No, it wouldn't.



wasnt speaking about Flag anywhere.... was speaking about being booted from server if you are afk for longer than(now example) 2 hours.

Was saying that your denial that when couple of guys leave trough out entire constelation alts afk when they sleep that they dont hurt players/corporations/alliances wallets .


Alliance on its own cant do anything about it.Alliance suffers from its smallest links (players) . Alliance cant have 23/7 fleet guardian carebears . So they are helpless as we are everybody against cloaked people . When you are cloaked in space you are invulnerable .

Even you would fold up in fear because you never know whats gonna pop on your head or when . As i say atm there is no counter to these lets be honest war tactic . And that is disable enemy income to weaken them .

Stop trying to troll me out and try to find flaws in my point. because there is none... you are just a troll . No matter what i will say you will opose me... its what forum trolls do . Il will not answer to your posts anymore because they are not constructive at this point .
Elistea
BLUE Regiment.
#23 - 2012-01-20 08:59:22 UTC
Entertaining. Pls carry on.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#24 - 2012-01-20 10:54:09 UTC
Tepir wrote:
Alliance on its own cant do anything about it.Alliance suffers from its smallest links (players) . Alliance cant have 23/7 fleet guardian carebears . So they are helpless as we are everybody against cloaked people . When you are cloaked in space you are invulnerable .



This says it all.... his problem is 'cloaked people'.

Thats what the AFK cloaking whines always come down too.... we are too lazy to protect our space, trap a cloakie, rat/mine in groups with guards or bother with D-Scan.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Herold Oldtimer
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-01-20 12:39:54 UTC
I doubt a guy that is afk would mind if an {away} is displayed next to his name. It will also save me some time to know if a recruiter or some other player I want to get in contact with is away or not
Tepir
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-01-20 12:47:24 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Tepir wrote:
Alliance on its own cant do anything about it.Alliance suffers from its smallest links (players) . Alliance cant have 23/7 fleet guardian carebears . So they are helpless as we are everybody against cloaked people . When you are cloaked in space you are invulnerable .



This says it all.... his problem is 'cloaked people'.

Thats what the AFK cloaking whines always come down too.... we are too lazy to protect our space, trap a cloakie, rat/mine in groups with guards or bother with D-Scan.




lmao... if you read any of my post in this thread you would figure out that pointin that out is useless because everybody know that... and there is a reason why... i named it older posts

but il repeat it for lesy people such is you.... I probably got more isk than you can imagine . All my accounts are subrscribed i think till 2013 something . I got so much ships i can lead my own campaign. All that i achieved in non sov space mostly as member of pirate corporations or my own alt corp . Cloakie sleeper doesnt effect my income in anyway .

Still my problem is cloakie sleepers that ruin my game experience... eventually...
Elessa Enaka
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-01-20 13:19:08 UTC
I can't believe that you're still in here trying to convince all of the other "lesy" people that you're not a botter, if you're really just worried about low-sec traffic, take my advice and let the thread die, it will help.

Otherwise you really just come across as a Red pet and botter. If AFK cloaking gets your panties in such a twist cause "it's way too easy to kill an alliances income", then take an alt and go AFK cloak in an enemy system. Go stop their bots from botting (cause really, as far as I am concerned, anyone who is against AFK cloaking is a botter), killing their income and then let them come to the forums and add to your river of tears over AFK cloakers.

Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been Eve is a great game if you can get past all of the asshats....

Crom Mitra
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-01-20 14:28:54 UTC
Forget all those reasons above. Need an AFK button to hide from mates constantly chatting in corp chat channel. "I'm not unsociable or ignoring you-- I'm just AFK!"
Mag's
Azn Empire
#29 - 2012-01-20 14:35:32 UTC
Tepir wrote:
Stop trying to troll me out and try to find flaws in my point. because there is none... you are just a troll . No matter what i will say you will opose me... its what forum trolls do . Il will not answer to your posts anymore because they are not constructive at this point .
Ahh, the 'I can't argue my point, so therefore you are a troll' stance.
Nicely played sir, nicely played.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Van Upier
TxivYawg
#30 - 2012-01-20 14:51:43 UTC
Tippia wrote:

The part where the guy going AFK has no control over how people respond?
The part where it's the alliance that choses to decrease their power, not the AFK:er?


I'm a nooblet,and TBH I'm baffled by this AFK cloaking QQ. How exactly is one person cloaking afk in a 0.0 system preventing all ISK generation in that system? Are nullsec alliance players so low in balls-mass that they voluntarily stop everything ? Or is it bots that automatically dock up?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#31 - 2012-01-20 14:56:29 UTC
Van Upier wrote:
Tippia wrote:

The part where the guy going AFK has no control over how people respond?
The part where it's the alliance that choses to decrease their power, not the AFK:er?


I'm a nooblet,and TBH I'm baffled by this AFK cloaking QQ. How exactly is one person cloaking afk in a 0.0 system preventing all ISK generation in that system? Are nullsec alliance players so low in balls-mass that they voluntarily stop everything ? Or is it bots that automatically dock up?
You'll find the majority of the whiners are in fact renter Alliances. There could be an argument about some being botters, but I dislike using that as an argument in regards to AFKing.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#32 - 2012-01-20 15:04:19 UTC
Tepir wrote:
wasnt speaking about Flag anywhere....

…except for in the OP, you mean?

And the same flag will be used to determine when to boot the player, which will be “never” for those who are looking to take advantage of alliances' crippling fear of the unknown.
Quote:
Alliance on its own cant do anything about it.

Of course they can. The problem is that it requires a tiny bit of effort and involvement, which is antithetical to what they want to do: they want to be spoon-fed with income without any resistance, and run crying when even something as vastly removed from “resistance” as a single AFK player shows up.

Again, the problem lies with the alliance people, not with the AFKer. Their abject failure and utter and complete uselessness is only their own fault and cannot be fixed through game mechanics — especially not through game mechanics that affect completely different people.
Quote:
When you are cloaked in space you are invulnerable .
You are also completely harmless. Seems like a fair balance.
Weiland Taur
Alpha Trades
Solyaris Chtonium
#33 - 2012-01-22 15:47:39 UTC

What is the problem with AFK cloakers other than its a stunning waste of time with very little gain in null-sec? If someone want's to play their game that way so be it. I always assumed they were AFK and quiet because they were shy and I speak to them nicely in local. I say nice things like "Good Morning, unknown maybe friend." Sometimes I send them small amounts of ISK, like putting out milk for a kitten I want to befriend. Most of the time they realize we aren't going to send them 20 billion ISK to let us do what we do or they screw up and get popped.

We don't need BOT inspiring changes to fix a non issue.


Previous page12