These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Amarr Championships afterthoughts

Author
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#21 - 2017-01-09 00:32:41 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Pretty sure Mister Singularity is not a Blood Raider. For starters he dresses all in white.

True story. I once had a bloody nose and fainted. Horrible liquid. Although... I do like a good Bloody Mary in the morning, but then again who don't??

I know I does!

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#22 - 2017-01-09 17:21:02 UTC
Well, I can't complain about it.

Or, rather, I could, but it would be rather uncouth.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Arrendis
TK Corp
#23 - 2017-01-09 18:13:06 UTC
Which 'it'?
Bargain Benny
Doomheim
#24 - 2017-01-09 20:01:30 UTC
I do not recall it ever being decreed that the champions selected by the Heirs to represent them in the Succession Trials had to be of the faith. The Succession Trials could be understood to be a demonstration of each Heir's leadership capabilities, their insight and their competency in selecting someone who could get the job done. You know, the kind of qualities you might want in a ruler. The winner proves themselves worthy of the Throne.
Skyweir Kinnison
Doomheim
#25 - 2017-01-09 21:17:49 UTC
Bargain Benny wrote:
I do not recall it ever being decreed that the champions selected by the Heirs to represent them in the Succession Trials had to be of the faith. The Succession Trials could be understood to be a demonstration of each Heir's leadership capabilities, their insight and their competency in selecting someone who could get the job done. You know, the kind of qualities you might want in a ruler. The winner proves themselves worthy of the Throne.

Exactly. I can't pretend to understand the theological arguments, but stripped of that arcane obfuscation, the method seems an impressive test of leadership ability for an ancient martial people.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Mitara Newelle
Newelle Family
#26 - 2017-01-09 22:28:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Mitara Newelle
And here I thought we were going to be getting along, Lord Vaari. Well, the last year has been pleasant at least.

The Heirs chose their captains for their own reasons which we will never know. It is true that many of them were not of the Faith, but is not the place of you or I to question such decisions as we are far from their equals. Furthermore, the Trials were carried out in accordance with The Law as determined by the Court Chamberlain, the Privy Council, and the Theology Council. These people are all unquestioningly our betters, Lord Vaari, you would do well to remember that.

Lady Mitara Newelle of House Sarum, Holder of the Mekhios province of Damnidios Para'nashu, Champion of House Sarum, Sworn Upholder of the Faith, Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Admiral of Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

edeity
Holy Amarrian Battlemonk
Crimson Inquisicion
#27 - 2017-01-10 20:36:02 UTC
I find myself almost in agreement with Vaari.

Odd days indeed.

For my part I have not, do not, will not make a statement about heresy, loyalty, allegiance in regards to Catiz.
Vaari
Imperial Pharmacy
#28 - 2017-01-14 13:30:11 UTC
Duty and obedience does not require agreement, your Ladyship Newelle. As a member of high nobility of our Empire, I have every right question within limits some decisions as long it is not rebellious, heresy and I fall in line when commanded so.

No one in right mind can accuse me of beign rebellious or heretic, and I have always knew my place. In Providence Block I, Lord vaari am the most loud preacher how Providence should be vassal of the Empire and not independent entity. Conclave meetings and debates of soon forming Theological Institute proof my every word about my loyalty to the God and Empire.

Fear the God and honor the Empress!

-House Valius battle shout.

Arrendis
TK Corp
#29 - 2017-01-14 14:37:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Arrendis
Vaari wrote:
Duty and obedience does not require agreement, your Ladyship Newelle. As a member of high nobility of our Empire, I have every right question within limits some decisions as long it is not rebellious, heresy and I fall in line when commanded so.

Now you sound like Max.

And for the love of Dog, people, when talking about a political power structure, it's 'Bloc', not 'Block'. Sheesh.
Vaari
Imperial Pharmacy
#30 - 2017-01-14 14:46:21 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Vaari wrote:

Now you sound like Max.

And for the love of Dog, people, when talking about a political power structure, it's 'Bloc', not 'Block'. Sheesh.

Dont ever compare me to that filthy heretic! Goonswarm witch!

Arrendis
TK Corp
#31 - 2017-01-14 14:56:12 UTC
Vaari wrote:

What, just because Max is more personable, charming, and even more gracious in a defeat due to Tournament systems' error than you are when just celebrating a victory over 1000 years old? Or is it that he's a better dresser?
Vaari
Imperial Pharmacy
#32 - 2017-01-14 15:58:35 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Vaari wrote:

What, just because Max is more personable, charming, and even more gracious in a defeat due to Tournament systems' error than you are when just celebrating a victory over 1000 years old? Or is it that he's a better dresser?

That victory marks the very beginning of the Amarr Empire.

Arrendis
TK Corp
#33 - 2017-01-14 16:11:03 UTC
Vaari wrote:
That victory marks the very beginning of the Amarr Empire.

Indeed it does. It's also a victory nobody living had any part in. So it's the perfect opportunity to be gracious and inclusive, to say 'the Amarr Empire's purpose is to bring humanity back to God. Come, join us, take the first step on that journey.'

But y'couldn't even do that. Kinda telling. Made the whole thing feel a lot more like it was 'I, Lord Vaari, shall put on an event where the masses can fight and die for my pleasure and aggrandizement'.
Vaari
Imperial Pharmacy
#34 - 2017-01-14 16:17:45 UTC
Podding is forbidden and ships run on automated crew. No on has to die. It is even to commemorate most important victory mankind has ever seen.

You may disagree, but do so in some whoring center of your own alliance and stay out of my discussions.

Loai Qerl
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#35 - 2017-01-14 16:17:47 UTC
Lord Vaari, she's put her sunglasses back on. This has become personal.
Max Singularity
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#36 - 2017-01-14 22:58:23 UTC
Arrendis wrote:

Now you sound like Max.

I had a strange sense of Déjà vu. But in a more yuk way. Oh well, imitation is something-something.

Arrendis wrote:

Unless referring to that mass of meat above his neck... then block is appropriate.

Harbinger of Faith His Holiness Maximilian Singularity VI, Pope of New Eden

First Champion House Kador (defeated) - #MagnateGate

Viceroy Interview & Apostle In Amarr

morion
Lighting Build
#37 - 2017-01-14 23:11:16 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:

Déjà vu. imitation is something-something.

Arrendis
TK Corp
#38 - 2017-01-15 04:54:38 UTC
Vaari wrote:
You may disagree, but do so in some whoring center of your own alliance and stay out of my discussions.

Then keep your discussions off my IGS. I mean, it's mine as much as it is yours. Public freakin' venue, dude. You don't want people like me weighing in, don't open the discussion here.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#39 - 2017-01-15 04:55:36 UTC
Loai Qerl wrote:

No, I'm just hung over. Sheesh.
Arnulf Ogunkoya
Clan Ogunkoya
Electus Matari
#40 - 2017-01-15 11:49:34 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Loai Qerl wrote:

No, I'm just hung over. Sheesh.

My sympathies. What did you consume to get that way?

As for the original post. I can see his point. Having a ritual that chooses the most important human in your society and involving self-admitted heretics in it does seem strange to me.

Regards, Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Previous page123Next page