These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

40 days Alpha-Clone review

First post
Author
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#161 - 2017-01-10 18:06:38 UTC
Yebo Lakatosh
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#162 - 2017-01-10 18:09:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Yebo Lakatosh
Nana Skalski wrote:
You accept the contract and cant deliver it? Mission failed!

Sounds surprizingly in line with the tutorial that gives us newcommers the fastest, sleekest ship we have ever seen, than sends us on a mission where we're bound to lose it.

I was positively surprized to see the "No 1. Rule of Eve" so bluntly displayed at the very start. Well played devs, you totally gonna get me to sub at one point.

Nana Skalski wrote:
And I just had a new idea for future CCP game "Scammin' simulator 3000". \o/
Too late. It's on the market, called Hackmud. Pretty fun one.

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#163 - 2017-01-10 18:44:31 UTC
Roggo II Seuchenvogel wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
if that's true they sent you here knowing how you'd be treated.

It's normally against the rules to release support correspondence but I would be very interested to know who handled your support ticket and what was said.


Well, after I reported the scam, they gave me the answer that changing the docking-rights is a game mechanic. They "fear" they cant help me because there is a theoretical way to deliver goods into locked stations:

I have to find a person who still has docking rights to the locked station. Then I have to give him my cargo. He docks into the station and he gives me the cargo back via trading-contract and then I can finsih the contract.

Thats well said, there are only a few problems:
- I never owned a station so I have no clue who has docking rights to locked stations. Even in the Web there is nothing about this topic.
- I guess the only guy who has still access to the station is the owner of the station, so I should give the person who scammed me also my cargo?!
- Iam a beginner, I only have 3 contacts in my friendlist. How should I find a person with docking-rights to a particular station 12 jumps away from my homebase?
- Even if I find someone who has still access to a locked station (idk a corpmate or his ingame-wife lol) I really doubt that they will do this for me.


Anyway, after I answered with my explainations they told me that they see my answer as "feedback" and feedback belongs to the forums. They gave me two links (one to the german, one to the english forums) and thats it.

One of the basic rules of hauling: Never ever accept a contract with the hauler. Always use an alt and keep a low profile with the character doing the hauling.

Remove standings and insurance.

Tatanka Startamer
Rio Nova
#164 - 2017-01-10 19:03:57 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Roggo II Seuchenvogel wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:



The problem here is that you don't want to take responsibility for getting scammed.


Thats exactly the point, I dont want to take responibility for it because it was not a regular "buy the magic bean" scam.


Doesn't matter, it was within the rules, rules you should have studied before trying to use isk to make isk. Your greed and impatience got the better of you. You tried to do something that people with YEARS of EVE experience avoid, and you got bit by it.


These are the responses that **** me off. Did he get scammed? Yes. Was it within the rules? Yes.

But where was he impatient or greedy? Never shown, though several in the thread have stated such.

He checked the route. He checked the docking rights. He was anything BUT impatient. And if the collateral was 510M, not really greedy. He was willing to spend cash to make cash.

It's easy to say "study the rules" when there's no well documented, indexed place that tells you what those rules are. He thought the scam was not being able to dock at all, and he checked it out. Turns out there's another "rule" he didn't know about, that the rights could be changed once you pick up the contract. Fine. But STOP accusing him of greed and impatience. There's no evidence for that.

To the OP: Your screwup was commiting ALL your free ISK to one deal. That's just stupid, even when there are no scams happening. Suppose you get ganked, just for jollies. Guess what, collateral gone. Also, you're a self-admitted newbie. You should always assume there are scams you can't see/don't know about, and act accordingly. >THAT'S< the part you have to take responsibility for. Just own up, and move on.

Tat
Memphis Baas
#165 - 2017-01-10 19:23:46 UTC
The only "rules" are those in the EULA. As far as player-to-player interaction, there are no rules.

And just like you calling him stupid, we're trying to show some "tough love" and the reality of the game, rather than mothering him.

Specifically, trying to address the attitude of "unless the devs reimburse me personally, I quit" which is the stupidest thing one can do in online anything. Because, honestly, the devs are probably itching to perma-ban him, to show him just how much he matters in the grand scheme of things as a valued customer. But they're keeping silent because of their own professionalism and policies.

But maybe CCP Ytterbium will reply with how the devs actually feel, like previously.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
ChaosTheory.
#166 - 2017-01-10 19:33:04 UTC
Tatanka Startamer wrote:
Did he get scammed? Yes. Was it within the rules? Yes.



Did you a favor and cut out all of the panty twisted BS in your post. The above is all that really matters.

And yes, greed is at the bottom of all scams, the OP should have taken the time to learn the rules (ie GAME MECHANICS) before taking the actions he took. He didn't, and he paid for it. Whether he learns from it or not is up to him.
Mic CheckOne
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#167 - 2017-01-10 19:43:33 UTC
To the OP: Your screwup was commiting ALL your free ISK to one deal. That's just stupid, even when there are no scams happening. Suppose you get ganked, just for jollies. Guess what, collateral gone. Also, you're a self-admitted newbie. You should always assume there are scams you can't see/don't know about, and act accordingly. >THAT'S< the part you have to take responsibility for. Just own up, and move on.

Tat[/quote]


He did move on ..... to another game.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#168 - 2017-01-10 20:12:32 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
So could your gameplay survive without scamming?

I have 3 simple rules when it comes to scamming

1. if it is in jita local it is a scam
2. if it is a courier contract it is a scam
3. never give anything to anyone and expect it back, if you get it back bonus!

Sure there are plenty of exceptions, mostly with the courier contracts, but they typically pay so low and require way too much collateral that they might as well all be scams. And jita local often has deals, you just have to scroll through too many scams to be worth it most of the time.

I almost got scammed on #1 once, and got burned on #3 a few times, what I could afford to lose and all

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#169 - 2017-01-10 20:33:50 UTC
Tatanka Startamer wrote:
He checked the route. He checked the docking rights. He was anything BUT impatient. And if the collateral was 510M, not really greedy. He was willing to spend cash to make cash.

someone posted a screenshot of the courier contract conformation dialog where it says you can have docking rights revoked at any moment. So yea they checked the details, but still seem to have completely missed a few.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Tatanka Startamer
Rio Nova
#170 - 2017-01-10 20:33:51 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Tatanka Startamer wrote:
Did he get scammed? Yes. Was it within the rules? Yes.



Did you a favor and cut out all of the panty twisted BS in your post. The above is all that really matters.

And yes, greed is at the bottom of all scams, the OP should have taken the time to learn the rules (ie GAME MECHANICS) before taking the actions he took. He didn't, and he paid for it. Whether he learns from it or not is up to him.


" And yes, greed is at the bottom of all scams, " - factually and objectively incorrect. 0/1

"the OP should have taken the time to learn the rules (ie GAME MECHANICS) before taking the actions he took." - laughable. So, nobody who downloads EvE should actually play it til they spend a month or two reading the EvE boards and UniWiki? 0/2.

"He didn't, and he paid for it." - Hey, true, you're 1-2

" Whether he learns from it or not is up to him." - Also true, you're 2-2, batting .500, not bad.

The OP was stupid to commit all his ISK to one deal, especially when he knows there's a lot he doesn't know about the game. That's on him. But he did all the due diligence he knew to do. Stop insulting people for things they didn't do.

Tat
Strrog
SYNDAX CORPORATION
Axiom Vocation Alliance
#171 - 2017-01-10 21:38:30 UTC
Fair review for Alpha state, but this game is not designed for perma alpha state, you really need to get into Omega

You need to go thru Academy, research all possible activities in EVE , spend time in a noob friendly corp that can guide on a number of issues.

Now i see something new here, can you please explain how you got scammed with that courier contract? Did i understand this right- the guy locked your docking rights and still holds colleteral? Cause to me thats CCP infraction, if you are locked out contract has to be cancelled... NOW i am never picking up contracts, thank you CCP for literally killing that aspect of EVE for me and other who read this, and if you can change dock rights after contract acception, this is an exploit not a scam CCP.

CCP you need to fix this this is beyond deplorable.

This is how you loosing customers...
Ion Kirst
KIRSTONE ALLIANCE
#172 - 2017-01-10 21:42:27 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Roggo II Seuchenvogel wrote:
Your predictions are exatly as wrong as in your first post. So, do you want another try or will you quit your career as diviner?


Don't take it too personally Roggo. EVE players are known to be downright hostile to people that show even the slightest shred of dissent towards what makes EVE the unique experience that it is. Be that anti-ganking, anti-scamming, non-PvP mindset or PvE conformity.

On the other hand, new players that embrace EVE for what it is are often rewarded and praised by other players.


That is true, I have helped many new players over the years. And lately a few Alphas. But this one," time for this one to go home".

No, I want him to take if very personally. I haven't predicted anything. I'm calling them as I see them, if I'm wrong so what.

You come on to the forum crying, that's EVE not fair! I'm going to quit and play Hello Kitty. But here you are again. What did you expect? Geez, man up.

So which part did I get wrong?

1. Your a kid.
2. Mommy and daddy didn't tell you not to play EVE.
3. Mommy and daddy didn't pay for your game that you will play for the next year. (you saved up your allowance?)
4. Your now playing a game for kids.
5. The swords aren't really sharp.

Just wanted to see if you'd keep coming back . . . and you did . . . and I'm glad.

We're into 9 pages now, you will keep coming back, this is so not over for you, until you also quit the forums and delete EVE off your computer. (like other rage quits)

-Kirst

Always remember Tovil-Toba, and what was done there.

Expendable Unit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#173 - 2017-01-10 21:50:37 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Well, Since you made up your mind to leave, I hope you will take some time to listen to CCP's In House Band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q

Surprisingly good music for an amateur band.


ISD troll second best troll (after CCP troll).
Strrog
SYNDAX CORPORATION
Axiom Vocation Alliance
#174 - 2017-01-10 21:54:30 UTC
Ion Kirst wrote:
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Roggo II Seuchenvogel wrote:
Your predictions are exatly as wrong as in your first post. So, do you want another try or will you quit your career as diviner?


Don't take it too personally Roggo. EVE players are known to be downright hostile to people that show even the slightest shred of dissent towards what makes EVE the unique experience that it is. Be that anti-ganking, anti-scamming, non-PvP mindset or PvE conformity.

On the other hand, new players that embrace EVE for what it is are often rewarded and praised by other players.


That is true, I have helped many new players over the years. And lately a few Alphas. But this one," time for this one to go home".

No, I want him to take if very personally. I haven't predicted anything. I'm calling them as I see them, if I'm wrong so what.

You come on to the forum crying, that's EVE not fair! I'm going to quit and play Hello Kitty. But here you are again. What did you expect? Geez, man up.

So which part did I get wrong?

1. Your a kid.
2. Mommy and daddy didn't tell you not to play EVE.
3. Mommy and daddy didn't pay for your game that you will play for the next year. (you saved up your allowance?)
4. Your now playing a game for kids.
5. The swords aren't really sharp.

Just wanted to see if you'd keep coming back . . . and you did . . . and I'm glad.

We're into 9 pages now, you will keep coming back, this is so not over for you, until you also quit the forums and delete EVE off your computer. (like other rage quits)

-Kirst


This is not helping...the guy got greifed hardcore by a very ****** mechanic, mind you he was trying PVP and did not complain about how many ships he lost... he was really upset with this station lock crap. I would like to see your reaction when you play for 2 month as an alpha and then get trolled like that.
Ion Kirst
KIRSTONE ALLIANCE
#175 - 2017-01-10 22:34:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Ion Kirst
The intent was not suppose to help. Hopefully, it will help end all this nonsense.

I've been scammed over the years, it's not a big deal. Live and learn. It's not boo hoo and quit. It is part of EVE.

What's the quote from the movie, Braveheart. "You deceived me" . . . "No you allowed yourself to be deceived."

As long as his situation keeps being discussed, he almost seems vindicated in his quitting. He wants us to feel his pain.

And now he's getting sympathy! Why don't we take a collection and beg this loser to stay, because EVE did him wrong, and we want him to stay.

So, I will gently bow out and say no more. I certainly don't want to create sympathy for this kid. There's really nothing more for me to say.

-Kirst

Strrog - If I was an Alpha for 40 days and got scammed like him, I would not have quit. Ask yourself that same question. Would you quit?
He lost 60 ships in 40 days? Einstein said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

Always remember Tovil-Toba, and what was done there.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
ChaosTheory.
#176 - 2017-01-10 22:45:38 UTC
Tatanka Startamer wrote:
So, nobody who downloads EvE should actually play it til they spend a month or two reading the EvE boards and UniWiki?


That's not a bad idea. OR they could make friends who are doing the things they want to do and learn..

As for the score, even if I am at .500, that's a better stat then you've managed. Stop making excuses for failure, you help no one when you do that.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#177 - 2017-01-10 22:56:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Quote:
If I was an Alpha for 40 days and got scammed like him

Why even make that assumption? Cant anyone get better than falling for it? Its simple.

What I have seen is someone who played intensively and was commited to making a lot of ISK, and has fallen for an unconventional (for him) stuff, surprisingly (for him) he lost everything he had. For me looks like a rage quit. Problem is game is now free so nothing is prohibiting him (other than his own rage at the game and this player who scammed him) to get back anytime to learn how in other vile ways players can use the game freedoms.
Neuntausend
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#178 - 2017-01-10 22:56:02 UTC
Nah. Dive into it head first. Get blown up, loose all your stuff - there's no better way to learn what to avoid. It's just pixels.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#179 - 2017-01-10 23:10:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
He just wanted his ISK back.

I once refused 500M ISK contest reward for a logo, because I liked the person's initiative in RP forum. Fix that!
Tatanka Startamer
Rio Nova
#180 - 2017-01-11 02:03:06 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Tatanka Startamer wrote:
So, nobody who downloads EvE should actually play it til they spend a month or two reading the EvE boards and UniWiki?


That's not a bad idea. OR they could make friends who are doing the things they want to do and learn..

As for the score, even if I am at .500, that's a better stat then you've managed. Stop making excuses for failure, you help no one when you do that.


I didn't make excuses for failure. Read what I wrote. He got scammed, fair and square. I criticized him for putting ALL his ISK into one deal.

My beef was people calling him greedy and impatient. He was neither, from the events that were described. There's no call to insult someone.

my final .02 ISK.

Tat