These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Undock timmer

Author
Marcus Longfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-01-03 01:24:18 UTC
So recently I've noticed that when I switch which ship I'm flying and then try to undock I get a message that I can't undock yet. It appear to be a 10 second timer. This happens if I just docked up and switching ships or have been docked for a while.

It's a bit frustrating since there no indicator or the length of the timer except to hit undock repeatedly.

Why was this introduced and will it eventually go away?
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2017-01-03 01:27:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Marcus Longfellow wrote:

It's a bit frustrating since there no indicator or the length of the timer except to hit undock repeatedly.

top left of your screen has a little icon than counts down Blink
its tiny and easy to miss though , i only noticed it the other day
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#3 - 2017-01-03 01:27:56 UTC
There has always been a session change timer. It isn't new, just seems to be a lot more people noticing it lately, particularly since the introduction of Citadels.

Reddit has had a tonne of similar threads.
Pix Severus
Empty You
#4 - 2017-01-03 01:28:54 UTC
Its the ghost of Scotty.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Eternus8lux8lucis
Duckzer Mining Corporation
RAZOR Alliance
#5 - 2017-01-03 01:34:41 UTC
There is now a 5 second wait on docking, ship swapping and undocking too. That IS new.Blink

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#6 - 2017-01-03 01:35:18 UTC
Dang citadel owners failing to install a Scotty!
Specia1 K
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2017-01-03 09:31:37 UTC
Timmer?

Champion of the Knights of the General Discussion

Thunderdome

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-01-03 10:51:55 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
There has always been a session change timer. It isn't new, just seems to be a lot more people noticing it lately, particularly since the introduction of Citadels.

Afaik this timer was not there for citadels. And it was nice.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Hipqo
Tyde8
#9 - 2017-01-03 17:07:53 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Yeh was gonna say that aswell.
It didnt come with the citadel expansion, but they introduced it with the engineering complexes, for citadels aswell.
I guess its a "server issue" workaround of sorts, but i still miss being able to dock, change ship and get out in less then 10 secs.

A life is best lived, to not step into your grave in a well preserved body. Instead, to slide in side ways, all battered and bruised, screamming, "Holy SH**! What a ride!"

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#10 - 2017-01-03 17:32:44 UTC
Hipqo wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Yeh was gonna say that aswell.
It didnt come with the citadel expansion, but they introduced it with the engineering complexes, for citadels aswell.
I guess its a "server issue" workaround of sorts, but i still miss being able to dock, change ship and get out in less then 10 secs.

Ah ok. My mistake. That explains the rise in complaints on reddit in relation to citadels.
Tykari
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2017-01-03 17:51:52 UTC
If not mistaken they had reduced/removed the timer, however seeing this removal was causing problems in certain areas they had to reimplement it.

In this dark void we are like brilliant stars, holding within us both the creative and destructive power to bring a new dawn upon worlds or plunge them into eternal darkness.