These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's really going on - CCP is committing FRAUD and ripping you off.

First post
Author
Darpa Caldara
C00L Deliveries Inc.
#1 - 2016-12-31 22:18:02 UTC
Here's the deal, I have seen EVE in the past, and EVE in the present, and the EVE you people are seeing now is one that is ripping you off in ways you may not know.

First, long before all these present changes, Pirating was very different in one simple way - they are ripping you off, because npc pirates in the High-Security security systems used to have twice or three times as good loot as they do now.
Now, what do you see 8 out of 10 times in the average High-Sec wrecks - Metal Scraps. and very little of even that!
I remember very well that when I used to rat, at least half the wrecks had SOMETHING in them, maybe cheap equipment, who knows, but not just Metal scraps in 8 out of 10 wrecks or worse.

Second, the real reason for the modern Alpha/Omega clone/subscription arrangement is because they were losing too many players, but instead of fixing what caused that, they did this arrangement instead. The problem is, they did this instead of fixing the actual problem. - and why would they not do that?

You cannot use anti-tracking equipment at most or all CCP bases, but those scanner scammers who scan people's ships so they can get blown up.... they have no limitation, and those people are right there at the entrance or hiding at the top of the station, acting without any restriction at all. - Why? That is not fair, that is not even "Game Balance" - so why?

If someone who got ganked or gate-camped, comes into a station and dares to say anything about it, they are ATTACKED, as if they were bad people doing something bad, called names, insulted in every way, but if they start back-talking, then they again become the bad guy - Why is this? Is everyone in EVE a viscous, nasty immature creep who doesn't care about right or wrong?
It is because there is a deliberate game in-balance that is intentionally maintained by CCP/EVE. - Why?

CCP gives us the answer. They want us to destroy things.
They want us to destroy things so people have to buy more.
So when you get gate-camped/ganked/etc. it is deliberately intended to be so slighted that most people don't have a chance against these people, because every time you get gate-camped, ganked, or otherwise blown up, it serves their purpose and makes them money.

They also refuse to really do anything about all those mean people insulting you if you don;t like everything you worked for blown up.
They DEPEND on these people, especially those scanner scammers scanning your ship/cargo, because those people are making CCP/EVE a LOT of money!

When CCP/EVE REFUSE to solve certain obvious problems such as above, obviously rig the game so that passive anti-targeting equipment will not be allowed, but the hardware necessary to get you blown up has no restrictions whatsoever as far as I have seen.

So the bottom line is that CCP/EVE cannot make enough profit margin unless they CHEAT you out of the player experience they charge for. Just think and remember folks, think about how often innocent non-combatants get blown up, outside of wars, nothing makes them more money I think. So next time you cannot use anything to protect yourself and get ganked at the gate, remember that you are paying twice or three times for your subscription because of that, and they are making two or three times more from your demise, keeping them afloat for the time being.

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#2 - 2016-12-31 22:26:46 UTC
htfu

Just Add Water

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3 - 2016-12-31 22:27:24 UTC
I've seen real people lose real money in bad real life market situations not be as ticked off as this guy is about pixels visually arranged into spaceship form. In the words of the legendary (and equally fictional) Jack Sparrow, "we need to get you a girlfriend, mate".
Noriko Mai
#4 - 2016-12-31 22:34:37 UTC
There must be some Texas law or something. Sue them. The avocado cartel will support you!!!

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#5 - 2016-12-31 22:36:40 UTC
Yes, he seriously has to get laid. Pronto.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Trasch Taranogas
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-12-31 22:41:27 UTC
I knew it, and I have played only 2 weeks.

If you always stay ready you don't have to get ready.

Sark Nosha
Nosha Trading Empire
#7 - 2016-12-31 22:42:32 UTC
None of this makes much sense tbh -
It just feels like u got hanks a few times and are just angry. Ganging sucks but it is a legitimate part of the game and there are good reasons for why it hasn't outlawed.
There are easy ways to avoid camps and ganks you just need to fly smart and use the tools available- most of which are completely free in eve
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#8 - 2016-12-31 22:44:19 UTC
*collects the whine streaming from the OP*
*tastes it*

Mmmmmm... I haven't had this variety in a bit. So bitter... yet a twinge of saltiness at the end... the complex aroma... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Trasch Taranogas
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2016-12-31 22:44:52 UTC
Sark Nosha wrote:
There are easy ways to avoid camps and ganks you just need to fly smart and use the tools available- most of which are completely free in eve

Please tell us more.

If you always stay ready you don't have to get ready.

Torin Corax
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2016-12-31 22:45:04 UTC
It's at times like this I regret using the last of the tin foil to wrap the left-overs from dinner.
Iain Cariaba
#11 - 2016-12-31 22:47:30 UTC
Darpa Caldara wrote:
Here's the deal, I have seen EVE in the past, and EVE in the present, and the EVE you people are seeing now is one that is ripping you off in ways you may not know.

Simple solution:

Extract all your SP into injectors.
Contract me all your stuff.
Biomass.
Unsub.

Either that or deal with the fact that MMOs change over time.
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2016-12-31 22:50:11 UTC
And a Happy New Year to you too OP!

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Sark Nosha
Nosha Trading Empire
#13 - 2016-12-31 23:00:37 UTC
Trasch Taranogas wrote:
Sark Nosha wrote:

Please tell us more.

The same tools that make survival in low sec null sec and wh space
D-scan - combat probes - eve map stats and scout ships
I'll write a tutorial properly for new players and post it.
sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#14 - 2016-12-31 23:12:41 UTC
Darpa Caldara wrote:

If someone who got ganked or gate-camped, comes into a station and dares to say anything about it, they are ATTACKED, as if they were bad people doing something bad, called names, insulted in every way, but if they start back-talking, then they again become the bad guy - Why is this? Is everyone in EVE a viscous, nasty immature creep who doesn't care about right or wrong?
It is because there is a deliberate game in-balance that is intentionally maintained by CCP/EVE. - Why?

No, it is because being ganked is largely avoidable for those who know the game mechanics. And when you complain like that you reveal that you have not even taken the time to do basic research on how to avoid your predicament. So want to change something in game, because you are not able to avoid it when others are. How do you react to people in RL who want to change something you enjoy and find fine, when they clearly have not even understood the basics of the thing they want to change? Also not very nice I would assume.

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#15 - 2016-12-31 23:25:21 UTC
Sark Nosha wrote:

The same tools that make survival in low sec null sec and wh space
D-scan - combat probes - eve map stats and scout ships
I'll write a tutorial properly for new players and post it.

None of which let you avoid high sec choke points like trade hub gates, Niarja or Uedema.
And 'don't fly through when there are gankers online and use an alt to scout' is a crap mechanic.

OP is off their rocker with their rant of course, but all these 'tools to avoid ganking' don't actually let you avoid a gank if they actually want to gank you. You get the option of not playing or getting ganked if they want to hit you. There are just tools using alts that make it a bit harder, but if everyone used them people would get ganked while using them (& do get ganked while using them every now and then just to make a point even if it costs more).

Ganks are of course not a problem as a general principle, the problem is ganks as they are now are about the Ganker vs Concord, ala PvE content. With the target just being a DPS race vs Concord. Funnily enough a longer gank timer would make ganking more uncertain and more PvP content (Though it obviously needs matching with increased fitting possibilities for industrials of weapons & other slots.). The shorter the timer is, the more it benefits the Ganker as a mechanic.
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#16 - 2016-12-31 23:28:55 UTC
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Closed.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#17 - 2016-12-31 23:29:09 UTC
Oh noes I've been bamboozled again!

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#18 - 2016-12-31 23:30:28 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Closed.

In after the lock! Big smile