These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[PATHFINDER] Mapping Tool [v.1.1.6]

Author
Spurty
#101 - 2016-11-21 15:30:20 UTC
Vindico Malus wrote:
I've been using this recently and got 2 issues-

No matter how many times I move systems in my map, they get moved back into some crazy ******* mess. How the hell do I stop that?

And I can't add other people. No matter what I type in that box on map config, it just says "searching" forever. How do I actually add people?

Not sure why it's resetting your map. Are you sure your database is configured correctly and it's able to record the x/y for the plot?

As for the 'adding other people', they need to subscribe first. Once they are in, I had to do the following;

select id,name,shared from corporation;

Where shared is 0, change it to a 1

Also, update the
pathfinder.ini
so that you have say:

[PATHFINDER.MAP.CORPORATION]
LIFETIME                    =   99999
MAX_COUNT                   =   99
MAX_SHARED                  =   99

[PATHFINDER.MAP.ALLIANCE]
LIFETIME                    =   99999
MAX_COUNT                   =   99
MAX_SHARED                  =   99

This isn't

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Vindico Malus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#102 - 2016-11-22 21:56:28 UTC
I'm not using my own hosted map, just using whatever is hosted on the site. Does that change how I get others to access the map?
Haile Korhal
Professional Amateurs
#103 - 2016-11-23 03:03:54 UTC
As far as hosting goes, I have a couple of questions as I am looking into moving my organization over to an in-house solution, or at least trying it to test its feasibility.

1. What sort of bandwidth does this application use when its running and servicing clients?
2. Would you be willing to share with us how much bandwidth you're using to service the whole of Eve through your pathfinder.w-space?
3. How much storage space does your application take?

I've looked through your github and I cannot find anything mentioning the above stuff, if you don't have any answers you might want to collect some usage metrics on your own stuff just so you can optimize and add it to your list of requirements. Such like, X amount of disk space; Y amount of bandwidth per Z amount of expected users, maps, etc.

Just a couple of questions and suggestions, we're loving Pathfinder and we couldn't think to use anything else. It's the glue that holds our organization together!

Egregious Spreadsheet Services - For Spreadsheets as a Service to businesses, corporations, and higher, look no further!

Papa Bearfish
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#104 - 2016-11-24 03:48:49 UTC
Is there a way to add another corporation to a pathfinder map that is not in your alliance?
za2
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#105 - 2016-11-24 12:45:51 UTC
cool tool!!!!
KongGal
Circle-0f-Two
Circle-Of-Two
#106 - 2016-11-26 18:21:48 UTC
Any figured out how to install this? i for the sake of god just can't get it to setup :/
Troy Aihaken
Quekz
#107 - 2016-11-27 12:06:40 UTC
I have it all setup, what seems to be the problem @KongGal

NodeJS Developer | Frontend Development | Programming Enthusiast

RedHand
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#108 - 2016-11-30 20:17:27 UTC  |  Edited by: RedHand
Just updated to 1.1.7, and apparently am now unable to edit routes - clicking either button does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: just to add to that, the refresh button actually does work, just not the two to add routes.

Correction, this appears to be a local cache issue and can be easily fixed by clearing browser history.

Also, this: http://i.imgur.com/xY0MS6J.png appears to not be possible to set up correctly on Ubuntu 16.10, the ubuntu version of MySQL seems as if it doesn't support '2' as a value for that, only 0 and 1. Didn't affect anything in the 1.1.6 installation so I just left it as-is.
Thekid Deninard
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2016-12-05 00:17:34 UTC
Troy Aihaken wrote:
I have it all setup, what seems to be the problem @KongGal

Well an ELI5 guide on how to install this for non tech people! I have neve really used GitHub and have rudimentary programming skills at best.
Kono Lotus
Jita Social Club
The Initiates.
#110 - 2016-12-05 08:55:55 UTC
Lets be honest.
I'm having problems myself.
It doesnt have the folder /setup on the web root directory. whenever i try to use /setup or /sso/callbackAuthorization im getting a 404 error. Does this refer to a mod rewrite / mod headers problem?

Regards
Spurty
#111 - 2016-12-25 17:58:01 UTC
Kono Lotus wrote:
Lets be honest.
I'm having problems myself.
It doesnt have the folder /setup on the web root directory. whenever i try to use /setup or /sso/callbackAuthorization im getting a 404 error. Does this refer to a mod rewrite / mod headers problem?

Regards

when /setup doesn't appear

$ cat ../app/routes.ini
; Route config

[routes]
DB setup setup
; IMPORTANT: remove/comment this line after setup/update is finished!
;GET @setup:         /setup                      [sync]  =   Controller\Setup->init
; login (index) page

when /setup does appear

$ cat ../app/routes.ini
; Route config

[routes]
DB setup setup
; IMPORTANT: remove/comment this line after setup/update is finished!
GET @setup:         /setup                      [sync]  =   Controller\Setup->init
; login (index) page

When you can see what's different, you'll understand a bit better

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

Built by CCP

Spurty
#112 - 2016-12-25 18:00:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Spurty
So, I've just started getting error 500 after login.

Any ideas what's up with that?

Looks like some PHP 7.0 incompatibility as all I've done is upgrade from 5.6x to 7.0.

Gah!

Can someone send me their /etc/php/VERSION/apache2/php.ini ?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

Built by CCP

Rezard
Fornax Chemica
Zaibatsu Mercantile
#113 - 2017-03-13 07:29:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Rezard
Is there any maps for nullsec regions available? I tried importing some jsons but they couldn't be parsed, specificaly for providence since I use it to scan anomalies in there and share with fellow scanners.

Thanks a lot!
Haile Korhal
Professional Amateurs
#114 - 2017-03-13 21:31:47 UTC
Rezard wrote:
Is there any maps for nullsec regions available? I tried importing some jsons but they couldn't be parsed, specificaly for providence since I use it to scan anomalies in there and share with fellow scanners.

Thanks a lot!

You should be able to build your own, as far as I know. There wouldn't be any pre-made maps, again, as far as I know. It wouldn't be too difficult, just add say, your home system or whatever. Put it somewhere, right click - lock it, then right click - add system, and start adding all the systems connected to each other via jump bridges or gates or w/e. Then lock everything. That way you can custom design the way you want it all laid out.

Doing it like this then you'd just update each system after you scan it, always remembering to click delete old signatures, and boom. Constantly up to date map, especially if you share it with a corp, or other people, so you can have a community effort of keeping your area up to date.

Egregious Spreadsheet Services - For Spreadsheets as a Service to businesses, corporations, and higher, look no further!

Rezard
Fornax Chemica
Zaibatsu Mercantile
#115 - 2017-03-15 14:46:51 UTC
Haile Korhal wrote:
Rezard wrote:

Thanks a lot!

You should be able to build your own, as far as I know. There wouldn't be any pre-made maps, again, as far as I know. It wouldn't be too difficult, just add say, your home system or whatever. Put it somewhere, right click - lock it, then right click - add system, and start adding all the systems connected to each other via jump bridges or gates or w/e. Then lock everything. That way you can custom design the way you want it all laid out.

Doing it like this then you'd just update each system after you scan it, always remembering to click delete old signatures, and boom. Constantly up to date map, especially if you share it with a corp, or other people, so you can have a community effort of keeping your area up to date.

Thanks for the help, so far doing it and looking good, but the map size is too small to hold a region, does anyone know if there is a way to increase the vertical size of the map?

Thanks in advance and for helping.

Haile Korhal
Professional Amateurs
#116 - 2017-03-16 02:39:28 UTC
Vertically I do not know of a way to increase the size. If anyone knows if it is a possibility, or if it is hard coded, that would be pretty sweet to know. My group has two "home systems" and their chains barely fit when we go deeper. Of course it seems to go pretty far horizontally, so that may be the only solution.

Rezard, instead of potentially copying the eve map or any other map out there, why not design your own? Obviously you have to stay faithful to the star gates and jump bridges you may have, but you could come up with your own design for the map that fits it all nicely in the wide (but short) map field that pathfinder gives us. You may have to twist some systems around and you may have bridges and star gate paths crossing over one another, but so long as everything fits and makes some sort of sense, you can make really anything work with enough effort and patience.

ifIHadATail IdSwatTheFly
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2017-03-28 08:45:29 UTC
I've been working on getting hosting this for some time now. I got the full LAMP stack installed. I can see test.html and testphp.php files I made in my www directory but when I go to access my pathfinder directory I tells me that php failed to start due to not being able to load msql.so. and this prior to me editing the php.ini and removing the colon to make the line uncommented. I went and did a search on my computer and I can't even find the file on it. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Am I even approching the problem correctly? Thank you for your time in advance.
Jaiden Solo
Chaos arbiter
Fraternity.
#118 - 2017-03-31 11:53:32 UTC
Anyone know where Pathfinder picks up the data for wormholes?
I'm in a roaming C4 at the moment which it shows as a red giant. It is actually a shattered hole.
It is about the fifth time I have come across shattered holes it has recorded incorrectly.

I'm more than happy to submit data on holes I come across, or help in any way possible.
Haile Korhal
Professional Amateurs
#119 - 2017-04-03 01:33:03 UTC
Shattered holes, being relatively new additions, aren't propagated to a lot of the databases, so it only makes sense that Pathfinder doesn't have them all. They're all still being documented by the player base, as you know nearly all wormhole knowledge is player discovered. When Pathfinder first came out it had no shattered in it that that we could see; but as time has gone on more and more have been added to where it's about 50/50 now whether or not it'll be called a shattered in website.

As to where they are stored, I don't know. I'd love to know, because I have my own spreadsheets I want to update with the newest info!

Hank Shank
Pan Galactic Corp
#120 - 2017-05-02 03:32:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Hank Shank
[Deleted]