These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Approaching wrecks with double clicking and Aura response

First post
Author
Izchadie
Ministerstvo na otbranata
#21 - 2016-12-23 17:45:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Izchadie
CCP Falcon wrote:
This thread has been butchered clean and unlocked, as it deals with a valid concern.

Keep it civil, I don't wanna have to clean this thread again.

You the man! By the way, very nice cookies! Would have been nice to see another dev's reaction when they ate them. They looked very delicious.

To the OP: I always use hotkeys, in your case holding Q+left click on the target in the overview will approach you to it most likely without the error. No comment on the aura voice. Big smile
Akira Kata
AkiCo LLC
#22 - 2016-12-23 18:14:36 UTC
I've been using approach, then open container to loot wrecks and avoid the repetitively annoying Aura message. It's inefficient, but incrementally less infuriating than hearing that stupid warning again and again and again.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2016-12-24 02:36:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Matthias Ancaladron
CCP Falcon wrote:
This thread has been butchered clean and unlocked, as it deals with a valid concern.

Several people have already either permanently or temporarily lost their forum posting privileges for being abusive and derogatory in this thread.

Don't be that guy.

As for the question and concern, at this point in time we can't really give and answer on this, given that most of the Dev team are away on Holiday vacation, but I'll bring the concern to the attention of the team working on Aura.

If anyone else feels the need to throw insults around in this thread, be aware that I'll happily hang the battered remains of your forum posting privileges on my Christmas tree as a decoration.

could you include mentioning to the aura team an option to use the old aura voice that is unanimously preferred over the new one?
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2016-12-24 10:43:53 UTC
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2016-12-24 14:32:29 UTC
I really want a co-pilot like R2-D2 whistling at me when I get target locked by someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmOteqmDYc [R2-D2 noises]
Wanda Fayne
#26 - 2016-12-24 17:51:38 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I really want a co-pilot like R2-D2 whistling at me when I get target locked by someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmOteqmDYc [R2-D2 noises]

Custom sounds would be amazing! I would support that F&I.

Meanwhile...

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

• - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Hello Meow Kitty
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2016-12-24 20:51:34 UTC
The only issue is that there isn't an option in advance audio for this. For veteran players, yes it can be annoying. On the other hand it's extremely beneficial for new players.
Kamala Sakar
Doomheim
#28 - 2016-12-24 21:08:29 UTC
For me the main problem isn´t Aura but that I can´t use double click on wrecks to approach AND loot which I ALWAYS did pre-patch. I guess since the new tutorial does a great job of explaining the 'approach and then when in range loot the wreck' procedure this is not about to change but I'm currently in the process of learning to do it the 'correct way' and find it exceptionally annoying.

Soon to be Trading Alt. All future Forum activities will be conducted by Akane Togenada who for all purposes and until further notice shall be considered the "Main" of this player.

Halan Devan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2016-12-26 15:41:41 UTC
I would have to agree that an option to remove the vocal spam regarding the "error message" for those that use the loot button to steer us over to a wreck rather than the approach button would be very much appreciated.

Any constant error message via voice is annoying, other games have them, and include options to turn said "reminder" off if a player desires. EvE is a bit different as some of the voice reminders can be critical, but this specific one is more like being nagged at by your own ship.

As Aura is quite useful with certain reminders, aka things that are very helpful to know during combat, this small and very frequently spammed message while you salvage/loot for a relatively unimportant incident is just not important enough for a player to want to use the "solution" of not receiving ANY reminders at all.

I would also be fine with removing the voice prompt regarding range to a looted wreck entirely. Especially since the ship will use that button press to steer us over to the wreck anyways.

Nalia White
Tencus
#30 - 2016-12-26 15:47:07 UTC
double click will also try to open the cargo of the wreck. i think that is what triggers the response from aura as you are not within range to do that. of course you only wanted to approach it in the first place so the response might irritate you. i always navigate this way too and it's a bit annoying to hear it everytime you want to approach a wreck :)

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2016-12-26 18:01:23 UTC
Natural CloneKiller
Commonwealth Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#32 - 2016-12-27 07:48:37 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Several people have already either permanently or temporarily lost their forum posting privileges for being abusive and derogatory in this thread.

Don't be that guy.

As for the question and concern, at this point in time we can't really give and answer on this, given that most of the Dev team are away on Holiday vacation, but I'll bring the concern to the attention of the team working on Aura.

If anyone else feels the need to throw insults around in this thread, be aware that I'll happily hang the battered remains of your forum posting privileges on my Christmas tree as a decoration.

Falcon punch. ☠
Luthien Niell
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2016-12-28 12:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Luthien Niell
I do not understand it.

I really do not.

Why is not this bug repaired already?

What you waiting for?

We had BONG effect before... what an great idea...

Now we have audio coment on every can loot.

Good job guys.

Are those people, who making those BENEFICIAL changes, are those people also players? Do they play games? Do they play EVE?

Because no real player will add BONG or hundreds audio coments for looting cans.

Please, fix it.

And find for those people, who creates those... new things... find for them something else to do. Maybe vacation with sun and drinks and fun?

Thank you.
Xantis Koma
SHRED.
#34 - 2016-12-29 13:04:54 UTC
Please get rid of the "You have to be in range to execute this function" voice line. It is annoying and I always wish there would be a way to "execute" the new aura without shutting audio off ;)
Falseflag en Bauldry
Waince Syndicate Inc
#35 - 2016-12-29 13:24:45 UTC
Step1: Kill Aura team
Step2: Switch Aura message to Display message instead. (No sound, just a text display message)
Step3:??????
Step4: PROFIT
Akis Talanas
Doomheim
#36 - 2016-12-29 13:39:05 UTC
There are bigger problems.....
Kira II Narris
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2017-01-01 11:09:31 UTC
Akis Talanas wrote:

so what, no fix any more bugs, until a cure for cancer and AIDS found?

This "you need to be in range..." thingy is annoying, and needs a switch to be turned off. period
Asharin
Laughing In Purgatory
Pewgilism.
#38 - 2017-01-01 12:20:09 UTC
Just remove the voice samples for aura entirely and replace with a modern speech synthesis system, where we can edit the prompts/pitch/tempo via sliders
That way we all get personal sounding ship computers and we can CHOOSE what they say.

Saves paying a voice actor too...
Akis Talanas
Doomheim
#39 - 2017-01-01 13:15:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Akis Talanas
Kira II Narris wrote:
Akis Talanas wrote:

so what, no fix any more bugs, until a cure for cancer and AIDS found?

This "you need to be in range..." thingy is annoying, and needs a switch to be turned off. period

No its not a major problem...not even a minor....

I'm not annoyed and i find the new aura voice better.....

And there ARE far bigger problems than a couple of people beeing annoyed by a voice you can always turn off......

What is the saying?

If you can't adept to it,this is no game for you......

And furthermore THIS IS NO BUG

So no need to "fix it" soon...
Akira Kata
AkiCo LLC
#40 - 2017-01-06 16:37:47 UTC
According to patch notes for 1/10/2017 the annoying range error message will be removed.

Thank you, CCP for listening!

Rating: Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Previous page123Next page