These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCPlease: Jita = No fire zone

Author
Eggs Ackley
#41 - 2016-12-18 18:30:04 UTC
No one is forcing you to go to Jita, so no.
Expendable Unit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#42 - 2016-12-18 18:33:46 UTC
Eggs Ackley wrote:

Speak for yourself. I so often have this monstrosity of a creature sneak into my room, wake me up in the middle of the night, forcing me to go to jita or else it uses its many tentacles and does hurtful things towards me.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#43 - 2016-12-18 18:40:10 UTC
oh you must be new here!

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#44 - 2016-12-18 19:09:45 UTC
Quote:
Defining Jita as a no fire zone would get off a large partion of the lag generation machine, we don't have something like this in the entire new eden ... and I'm sure it won't hurt.

Not gonna happen. Even the new-player starter systems have weapons fire all the time.
Maria Senseye
Doomheim
#45 - 2016-12-18 21:08:31 UTC
There are +8k of solar systems in new eden, making one or two as "no fire zones" I'm sure it won't hurt at all - do you wanna gank (correction: elite pvp) ? Then go outside Jita ... it's simple! How this change will hurt so much the game ?

I've never found a single cosmic anomaly in Jita - so we won't ever have wormholes in there! We don't have citadels or pos'es, just a bunch of stations and one (4-4) as a market hub. There are plenty of MMO's out there, including space-sims - all of them have some "no fire zones" carefully defined and enforced ... how would this change harm the game ?

New Eden != Jita, if you're are unable to F1 in ONE out of +8000 solar systems it won't be the end of the world!

Why this change is needed ? Jita is the ONLY market hub properly stocked and constantly used by everyone (correction: most of us), you first need to get in there using gates for taking anything in / out, again ... how this change WILL hurt the hunting/ganking procedures ? It's absurd!

Veterans hate any kind of change, I got it!
EVE changed and it's still evolving.

o7
000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#46 - 2016-12-18 21:22:04 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:

Amarr
Dodixie

Rens
Hek

Choose one.

Yes, come to Dod, buy my stuffz!!! Big smile
Princess Adhara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2016-12-19 03:58:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Adhara
Expendable Unit wrote:
Eggs Ackley wrote:

Speak for yourself. I so often have this monstrosity of a creature sneak into my room, wake me up in the middle of the night, forcing me to go to jita or else it uses its many tentacles and does hurtful things towards me.

Like this?Shocked

Edit: fixed link
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2016-12-19 07:51:21 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
- buy new pc
- stop going jita
- Use your brain instead!
- Stop posting nonsense

- win?

Holy ****...and you got to post first in this thread...dude you are my hero.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#49 - 2016-12-19 07:52:44 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Maria Senseye wrote:
Before Ascension update we didn't had +1500 in system at any time, now we do ... and it's completely awful to be in the largest new eden market.

Quote:
Before Ascension update we didn't had +1500 in system at any time

Quote:
we didn't had +1500 in system

Lol

Oh... you're serious?

Lol

In all seriousness... do the smart thing and turn off all graphics before going to that godforsaken system.
Or go to a different trade hub.

You know, as a NS player I routinely optimize my settings for performance...downside is I get ****** graphics. Upside, I never noticed this problem with Jita.

L2P OP.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Aurelius Oshidashi
Crystalline.
Fraternity.
#50 - 2016-12-19 08:10:13 UTC
I only trade in Amarr, but I had to be in Jita many times this and last week. I have absolutely zero lag despite the many players in system.

Seems like your pc or Internet doesn't allow heavy stuff like this. If it's a problem of your hardware you'd do better to go to another trade hub. Jita is not the only place with good stocks.

I don't think ccp will change the gameplay of eve to solve your technical problem though.
Astrador
Falcon Agency
#51 - 2016-12-19 09:52:18 UTC
Maria Senseye wrote:
From Ascension update, being in Jita is like playing on an old pc, everything lags out there ... can't align, warp, dock or fleeing in space without having a shuttering effect on camera and controls, warping to a celestial or station ? Nope! You could be teleported back to where you've started cause ... the server didn't tracked your movement due to high overload! If you undock to get out of that system ... somebody thinks that is a good ideea to fire some fireworks which renders 10fps!

Everything but EVERYTHING is fine outside Jita, even with highest quality settings, no lags, no fps drop ... but not in there! Before Ascension update we didn't had +1500 in system at any time, now we do ... and it's completely awful to be in the largest new eden market.

Defining Jita as a no fire zone would get off a large partion of the lag generation machine, we don't have something like this in the entire new eden ... and I'm sure it won't hurt.

Absolutely No.

Whats next on the wish-list? PVE-Server? Panda-Bears?

Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#52 - 2016-12-19 10:31:33 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/ffYdWCE.png

Concord Approved Trader

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#53 - 2016-12-19 14:17:00 UTC
Maria Senseye wrote:
There are +8k of solar systems in new eden, making one or two as "no fire zones" I'm sure it won't hurt at all - do you wanna gank (correction: elite pvp) ? Then go outside Jita ... it's simple! How this change will hurt so much the game ?

I've never found a single cosmic anomaly in Jita - so we won't ever have wormholes in there! We don't have citadels or pos'es, just a bunch of stations and one (4-4) as a market hub. There are plenty of MMO's out there, including space-sims - all of them have some "no fire zones" carefully defined and enforced ... how would this change harm the game ?

New Eden != Jita, if you're are unable to F1 in ONE out of +8000 solar systems it won't be the end of the world!

Why this change is needed ? Jita is the ONLY market hub properly stocked and constantly used by everyone (correction: most of us), you first need to get in there using gates for taking anything in / out, again ... how this change WILL hurt the hunting/ganking procedures ? It's absurd!

o7

No. Learn how to play the game.
Ravnik
Infinate Horizon
#54 - 2016-12-19 16:00:45 UTC
Making Jita a No Fire zone would just make every war dec'd corp rush to Jita and sit there. This = MORE ppl in Jita, so more lag for you. On top of this, them nasty Merc Corps like Vendetta (Yes, you) could all camp the gates to / in Jita, which means MORE ppl around = MORE lag. Oh, and dont forget all their secret squirrel alts they all have. You may as well remove half the systems in EVE because everyone will be sitting around Jita waiting for ppl to get bored and leave system, or just perma dec them until Jita explodes with goo.....

Did any of that make sense? Shocked

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2016-12-19 16:12:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Elenahina
Maria Senseye wrote:

No, absolutely not. No ship, while undocked, should be 100% safe from engagement.
Maria Senseye wrote:

Before Ascension update we didn't had +1500 in system at any time, now we do

And this is just factually inaccurate. There have been times when you couldn't get into Jita because the population cap was being hit. Last I knew that was about 2200 people.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#56 - 2016-12-19 16:15:42 UTC
Maria Senseye wrote:

o7

How old is your PC? I play multiple clients on an off the shelf laptop (my dog whines if I sit in my office, so I spoil him and use a laptop on the couch so he can sit next to me, his life is rough apparently) and have never had lag issues in Jita.
Salvos Rhoska
#57 - 2016-12-19 16:30:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
If anything, I recommend Jita becomes a non-concord free for all.

If you want to trade in the monstrous juggernaut that is Jita, well then fight for the right.

This whole thread (except my posts ofc) is nonsense.

Jita as the most populate/trafficked system in the entire game, has any number of pilots that can immediately attack anyone that aggresses another pilot illegally, en masse.

Set up a Jita Security Crops that mans the stations and gates, and attack all illegals in return for grateful isk from their targets.
Lilith Abaddon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#58 - 2016-12-19 17:42:51 UTC
Maria Senseye wrote:
From Ascension update, being in Jita is like playing on an old pc, everything lags out there ... can't align, warp, dock or fleeing in space without having a shuttering effect on camera and controls, warping to a celestial or station ? Nope! You could be teleported back to where you've started cause ... the server didn't tracked your movement due to high overload! If you undock to get out of that system ... somebody thinks that is a good ideea to fire some fireworks which renders 10fps!

Everything but EVERYTHING is fine outside Jita, even with highest quality settings, no lags, no fps drop ... but not in there! Before Ascension update we didn't had +1500 in system at any time, now we do ... and it's completely awful to be in the largest new eden market.

CCPlease: Space= No fire zoneBig smile
Netan MalDoran
Sinister Intent
#59 - 2016-12-19 17:47:19 UTC
Can I use your potato to make fries?
Cause I have graphics on max and get no lag on the Jita undock.

"Your security status has been lowered." - Hell yeah it was!

Falcon's truth

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2016-12-19 18:53:00 UTC
My favorite Jita pastime is no longer viable now that stations no longer use defender missiles against snowballs and fireworks. RIP having people undocking and thinking a corax is tanking the station guns.