These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP please help me understand what is going on here

First post
Author
Xero Shiva
SniggWaffe
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2016-12-15 19:04:27 UTC
During a Bjorn Bee roam he was streaming on twitch he was flying a brutix in low sec. He doesnt have any form of missiles on his ship but the way missiles work is they usually fly from the launch tube to the target.

Please watch this video, not to give it more views but to help understand and help me and many others understand what is going on...


https://clips.twitch.tv/bjornbee/BadBeaverShibeZ

please comment below and let us know whats up <3
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#2 - 2016-12-15 19:21:00 UTC
Looks like a bug. Probably is a bug. You should bug report it.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#3 - 2016-12-15 19:23:20 UTC
Xero Shiva wrote:
During a Bjorn Bee roam he was streaming on twitch he was flying a brutix in low sec. He doesnt have any form of missiles on his ship but the way missiles work is they usually fly from the launch tube to the target.

Please watch this video, not to give it more views but to help understand and help me and many others understand what is going on...


https://clips.twitch.tv/bjornbee/BadBeaverShibeZ

please comment below and let us know whats up <3



thats called a bug or a glitch.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Memphis Baas
#4 - 2016-12-15 19:31:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
Xero Shiva wrote:
https://clips.twitch.tv/bjornbee/BadBeaverShibeZ


That is a VISUAL but that CCP introduced with the patch on Tuesday. The missile you're seeing is actually fired by one of the NPC's you see in the overview, but instead of flying from the NPC towards the Brutix, the bug shows the missile as leaving the Brutix.

I got the same thing, repeatedly, during the tutorial with a new character. First NPC missile shot (out of range, too) appears to come from my ship.

EDIT: Possibly only happens when the NPC that shoots the missile is too far outside the range of the missile. NPC's shoot anyway. The client must use negative numbers for range, or something, miscalculates, and shows the missile going the wrong way.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#5 - 2016-12-15 19:34:34 UTC
It's a glitch all right, the glitch of my dreams.

CCP I demand Missile Brutix now!!!!
Rain6637
NulzSec
#6 - 2016-12-16 04:09:44 UTC
lol his reaction. That's like, the classic accidental bug discovery response. "what? what???"
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#7 - 2016-12-16 04:26:27 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
It's a glitch all right, the glitch of my dreams.

CCP I demand Missile Brutix now!!!!


Anyone putting missiles on a Brutix should be drawn and quartered for the highest form of heresy.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#8 - 2016-12-16 04:34:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternus8lux8lucis
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
It's a glitch all right, the glitch of my dreams.

CCP I demand Missile Brutix now!!!!


Anyone putting missiles on a Brutix should be drawn and quartered for the highest form of heresy.

A missile brutix hybrid would be an interesting AT prize ship imo and I imagine the first BC, though not sure if any BCs have been handed out yet.BlinkTwisted

Command Ship 6+2 utility highs, standard 4 or 5 mids, and 6 or 7 lows. HAMs or RHML reduction bonus, bonus to either hull or armor HPs per level or just an increase in hull HPs and an armor HP bonus.

Think armor vulture on steroids with BS level deeps that would be actually usable in armor fleet comps.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#9 - 2016-12-16 11:39:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:

A missile brutix hybrid would be an interesting AT prize ship imo and I imagine the first BC, though not sure if any BCs have been handed out yet.BlinkTwisted

Command Ship 6+2 utility highs, standard 4 or 5 mids, and 6 or 7 lows. HAMs or RHML reduction bonus, bonus to either hull or armor HPs per level or just an increase in hull HPs and an armor HP bonus.

Think armor vulture on steroids with BS level deeps that would be actually usable in armor fleet comps.


Amarr already has something like that (Damnation) so it would kind of be redundant - though a variant of the Brutix with bonuses to heavy assault missiles for brawling would be kind of cool though not sure there are any factions that fit that setup.

EDIT: A Mordu's Legion command ship would be kind of cool though they usually prefer ranged options over brawling.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2016-12-16 15:25:14 UTC
Its like there isn't already a Caldari/Gallente ship line that uses missiles. There's two actually.

Bug. Report it.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#11 - 2016-12-16 15:32:29 UTC
Rroff wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:

A missile brutix hybrid would be an interesting AT prize ship imo and I imagine the first BC, though not sure if any BCs have been handed out yet.BlinkTwisted

Command Ship 6+2 utility highs, standard 4 or 5 mids, and 6 or 7 lows. HAMs or RHML reduction bonus, bonus to either hull or armor HPs per level or just an increase in hull HPs and an armor HP bonus.

Think armor vulture on steroids with BS level deeps that would be actually usable in armor fleet comps.


Amarr already has something like that (Damnation) so it would kind of be redundant - though a variant of the Brutix with bonuses to heavy assault missiles for brawling would be kind of cool though not sure there are any factions that fit that setup.

EDIT: A Mordu's Legion command ship would be kind of cool though they usually prefer ranged options over brawling.

It would be a damnation on steroids for dps basically, the other thing would be the split hull/armor tank. Seeing as hull tanking brutix is a thing now.

Mordus would be an interesting option as well.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#12 - 2016-12-16 22:31:06 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
It's a glitch all right, the glitch of my dreams.

CCP I demand Missile Brutix now!!!!


Anyone putting missiles on a Brutix should be drawn and quartered for the highest form of heresy.


yes yes we know,, but can we anyway Big smile


please CCP Roll
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#13 - 2016-12-16 23:13:20 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
It's a glitch all right, the glitch of my dreams.

CCP I demand Missile Brutix now!!!!


Don't you dare put superior Caldari weaponry on a filthy degenerate gallentean hull(Except for stealth bombers).

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#14 - 2016-12-16 23:19:04 UTC
I don't know what happened there, but that video was hilarious. Lol

10/10 will watch again.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

stoicfaux
#15 - 2016-12-17 00:02:18 UTC
If it's standard procedure for Imperial starships to dump their garbage in space before jumping to warp, then ditto for the Gallente (no environmental laws.) By comparison Minmatar ships don't differentiate between garbage and spare parts, the Amarr have "people" to take care of their garbage so they have never developed any standard procedures for handling it, and the Caldari save their garbage to dump it on the homeless for a charitable donation tax write off.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#16 - 2016-12-17 01:20:33 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Looks like a bug. Probably is a bug. You should bug report it.

It's not a bug, it's the birth of a new ship concept.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#17 - 2016-12-17 01:40:47 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
Xero Shiva wrote:
During a Bjorn Bee roam he was streaming on twitch he was flying a brutix in low sec. He doesnt have any form of missiles on his ship but the way missiles work is they usually fly from the launch tube to the target.

Please watch this video, not to give it more views but to help understand and help me and many others understand what is going on...


https://clips.twitch.tv/bjornbee/BadBeaverShibeZ

please comment below and let us know whats up <3



thats called a bug or a glitch.



an amarrian fighter drone

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log