These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#1161 - 2016-12-14 02:02:18 UTC
to start you are going to want a 60% web, the fed navy web is standard here. the 55% web makes it very hard to catch up to the burner, I remember it working but I was also using links at the time. You might need to upgrade the ab as well I use an a-type ab on my fit. is the 650m/s with or without heat? heat might let you catch it.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1162 - 2016-12-14 02:08:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Mad Kosiarz
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
to start you are going to want a 60% web, the fed navy web is standard here. the 55% web makes it very hard to catch up to the burner, I remember it working but I was also using links at the time. You might need to upgrade the ab as well I use an a-type ab on my fit. is the 650m/s with or without heat? heat might let you catch it.

Hey thanks for quick reply, that is without heat. I tried to heat but it got half way damaged even before I closed in half way...
If it comes to ab it seems I am missing some power for it, but I haven't looked that in depth really. Will have a look now

[EDIT]

Well to use Corelli A-Type AB I am missing 0.43 from power grid, :D will have to look at some implants!
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1163 - 2016-12-14 07:33:38 UTC
Here is the build I use:

[Daredevil, ‘Unified’ Burner Succubus - Ion Daredevil]
Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Core B-Type Armor EM Hardener

Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]
Light Ion Blaster II, Void S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

Here is the emthod I use as well:

OH EM Hardener, Afterburner, Web(1 cycle) and Guns. Keep at range 1km. Activate Hardeners, Rep, Web and AB. Once within 3KM turn off OH on AB and activate Guns. Activate Cap Booster once cap is low.

There's more burner fits and info in the link in my sig.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1164 - 2016-12-14 20:11:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mad Kosiarz
Still no luck. I used the method above but my modules get damaged too quickly, I am probably missing some skills?

Anyhow I wanted to try different approach and I took your Garmur fit:

[Garmur, Mad]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Missile Guidance Computer II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Phased Scoped Target Painter

Polarized Rocket Launcher

Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II

Missile Range Script x4
Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket x5000
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x10804

I took my rookie char in T1 frigate fitted for speed and tested if I can safely orbit this Succubus at 30km. I was successful. So I thought this fit should do, I could orbit at 29 KM (max range for my rockets) at maximum MWD speed.

I want to ask if I am going for certain death as this is mega expensive fit.

[EDIT]

I think I will have to give up. I even got my other char involved. I warped in to the pocket, engaged the Succubus. While engaged I warped in my other char in faster ship as a bait (orbit 30km). Warped the daredevil back to base and picked up the Garmur. Warped in to the pocket. Orbit at 25km, fire rockets for 5 min , cant break the tank ;////
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1165 - 2016-12-15 06:07:53 UTC
My Overheat skills are al still at 4 atm so it's definitely doable with that. THe succubus is one of the easiest burners. If you;re struggling then it's a general lack of soft and support skills. My guide has a link to videos (no voice over) of me running each site, maybe that will help?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1166 - 2016-12-15 11:06:16 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
My Overheat skills are al still at 4 atm so it's definitely doable with that. THe succubus is one of the easiest burners. If you;re struggling then it's a general lack of soft and support skills. My guide has a link to videos (no voice over) of me running each site, maybe that will help?

Thanks, I will have a look at your vid and need to revisit the skills, see what I am missing.
Clennel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1167 - 2016-12-15 11:34:26 UTC
Mad Kosiarz wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Thanks, I will have a look at your vid and need to revisit the skills, see what I am missing.

The Fed Navy webber will have a range of about 14km with typical burner runner's skills - the target tries to stay just over 15km or so. Overheating the webber for just 2 or 3 cycles will give you enough range to catch him with the webber. Once your distance is 12km or less you can stop overheating. Only other thing I OH is guns, but that's not absolutely required.

[Daredevil, DD4Succubus]
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Corelum C-Type Energized EM Membrane
Capacitor Power Relay II

Small Cap Battery II

Light Ion Blaster II
[Empty High slot]
Light Ion Blaster II

Void S x1841

My mission notes on this:

Keep at range 1300M (you may need to vary this between 1000 and 1300 depening on skills)
Actvate repper + afterburner
Leave afterburner on
Lock target & web
May have to OH webber 2-3 cycles
Brawl it out when <= 3km
Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1168 - 2016-12-15 13:21:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Mad Kosiarz
Clennel wrote:
Mad Kosiarz wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

The Fed Navy webber will have a range of about 14km with typical burner runner's skills - the target tries to stay just over 15km or so. Overheating the webber for just 2 or 3 cycles will give you enough range to catch him with the webber. Once your distance is 12km or less you can stop overheating. Only other thing I OH is guns, but that's not absolutely required.

[Daredevil, DD4Succubus]
Capacitor Power Relay II

Small Cap Battery II

Light Ion Blaster II
[Empty High slot]
Light Ion Blaster II

Void S x1841

My mission notes on this:

Keep at range 1300M (you may need to vary this between 1000 and 1300 depening on skills)
Actvate repper + afterburner
Leave afterburner on
Lock target & web
May have to OH webber 2-3 cycles
Brawl it out when <= 3km

I checked my skills - I have thermodynamics at lvl 3, doing the lvl 4 now. The pre-requisite skills are all at V.

I am totally with you, I did try that. Got to about 12km stopped the OH and the b*****d slowly but surely flew away from me. After about a minute he was back at the 13/14km range. All my navigation skills are at level V, cant get my head around why I am failing at this so badly :) Thanks for your reply by the way, help is much appreciated.
Imalia Bloodlines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1169 - 2016-12-15 13:37:39 UTC
I came here to see if there is a solution for succubus and you guys are already discussing it xD

I wanted to know if its possible to do it without faction web and something other then daredevil. I am doing it in non faction dd and I die once in 5-6 times, whenever it outruns me and my web to 13+km.

Wonder if I could reduce that without outfitting blinged faction web. ANy ideas?
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1170 - 2016-12-15 14:21:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Imalia Bloodlines wrote:
I came here to see if there is a solution for succubus and you guys are already discussing it xD

I wanted to know if its possible to do it without faction web and something other then daredevil. I am doing it in non faction dd and I die once in 5-6 times, whenever it outruns me and my web to 13+km.

Wonder if I could reduce that without outfitting blinged faction web. ANy ideas?

you can try it with a wolf, but a faction web is a must. but it has more bling too.

@Mad

a zor hyper implant gives you a nice boost. and maybe you can switch the cap power relay for an overdrive.

the garmur is only for teamburners.
Aghira
Systech Astromantics Shipyard Inc.
#1171 - 2016-12-15 14:57:05 UTC
Imalia Bloodlines wrote:

I'm using a Retribution. It's not a fast fight though...

[Retribution, Sansha Burner (Succubus)]
Small Armor Repairer II
Small Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
True Sansha Armor EM Hardener

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Phased Scoped Target Painter

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-EM Pump II

Scorch S x4
Navy Cap Booster 400 x10

Es wird niemals so viel gelogen wie vor der Wahl, während des Krieges und nach der Jagd. (Otto von Bismarck)

english is not my native language.

guigui lechat
the no fock given
#1172 - 2016-12-15 15:29:13 UTC
Imalia Bloodlines wrote:

I think nothing is as efficient as the daredevil with coreli a-type and fed web. My mission notes for sansha burner are :
- OL gun, EM hardener, AB
- KaR 1000, activate hardeners and AB. @3000 shoot and un-OH AB. Your hardener needs to be OH or you may not rep through.
Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1173 - 2016-12-15 16:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Mad Kosiarz
Ploing wrote:
Imalia Bloodlines wrote:

you can try it with a wolf, but a faction web is a must. but it has more bling too.

@Mad

a zor hyper implant gives you a nice boost. and maybe you can switch the cap power relay for an overdrive.

Ha! Made it with overdrive! I had to use cap booster, but once I got in range he was mine - finally!!! When webbed succubus speed was 704 m/s With overdrive I had 716 m/s :D - I used my other char as bait again so I could catch up quicker :) Thanks for your help guys. I am sure I will be revisiting this thread for other burner missions :D

[Daredevil, Desmond]
Domination Overdrive Injector

True Sansha Small Capacitor Booster

Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II

Void S x3850
Nanite Repair Paste x86
Navy Cap Booster 400 x10
Clennel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1174 - 2016-12-15 18:47:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Clennel
Mad Kosiarz wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Imalia Bloodlines wrote:

@Mad

Ha! Made it with overdrive! I had to use cap booster, but once I got in range he was mine - finally!!! When webbed succubus speed was 704 m/s With overdrive I had 716 m/s :D - I used my other char as bait again so I could catch up quicker :) Thanks for your help guys. I am sure I will be revisiting this thread for other burner missions :D

[Daredevil, Desmond]
Domination Overdrive Injector

True Sansha Small Capacitor Booster

Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II

Void S x3850
Nanite Repair Paste x86
Navy Cap Booster 400 x10

Glad you got it! One other suggestion: make sure you train Minmatar Frig to level 5 to get the maximum bonus to you webbers. In fact, if you're going to be doing the agent and team burners regularly, it's a great idea to plan all the racial frig skills to 5.

Edit: I just ran this mission, and for reference, the Succubus was slowed to 320 with the Fed Navy webber and Minmatar Frig 5.
Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1175 - 2016-12-16 11:40:41 UTC
There you go, that is where my problem lies then! That is valuable piece of info, thanks mate

My Minmatar Frig skill is at 3 atm
Imalia Bloodlines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1176 - 2016-12-16 13:43:45 UTC
Mad Kosiarz wrote:
There you go, that is where my problem lies then! That is valuable piece of info, thanks mate

Don't bother with burners until you get frig skill to V together with guns and missiles(garmur for teams)
Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1177 - 2016-12-16 13:58:34 UTC
Imalia Bloodlines wrote:
Mad Kosiarz wrote:

Don't bother with burners until you get frig skill to V together with guns and missiles(garmur for teams)

Most of gun and missile skills are already on V, i am missing faction firgs only. Just did the burner Daredevil in my Hawk and it was a breeze.

Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#1178 - 2016-12-16 21:43:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Naye Nathaniel
Burner missions are bugged or tweaked again;

I cant break a tank of even a stupid Logi ship doing:
Anomic Team (Vengeance + Inquisitor)

Come on im using more above 200 dps with my Garmur, and this is some kind of B$

#pindy z ccp
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1179 - 2016-12-17 00:37:59 UTC
did u use the right ammo ? (nova)
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#1180 - 2016-12-17 01:59:42 UTC
also it needs to apply well, the amarr team logi are among the hardest to hit if I remember right. I found that mission annoying in the garmur and always just used the daredevil on that one applies the dps way better.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter