These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Solo pvp in bigger ships.

Author
Nexodas Duskshine
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2016-12-13 15:24:05 UTC
Hello everyone! I have tried a few times over the years to really sink my teeth into this wonderful sandbox I keep reading about. The most fun I ha e had so far was my time spent in fw space. During my stay I ended up training every racial frigate and small weapon skill to 5 and can use most cruisers and destroyers fairly well.

But I want something a little different. I want to throw around a little more weight. I tried joining a nullsec alliance but that turned out to be boring as heck (fleeting up just to entosis a bunch of stuff completely unopposed).

So I guess my question is thus: Can you successfully solo pvp in a battleruiser or battleship or is that an effort in futility? Like can I get stuff done or am I just asking to get tackled and jumped on by 20+ frigs and destroyers every time? If so, where would be a good spot to hunt that would reduce the risk of getting blobbed?
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#2 - 2016-12-13 15:27:37 UTC
Nexodas Duskshine wrote:
Hello everyone! I have tried a few times over the years to really sink my teeth into this wonderful sandbox I keep reading about. The most fun I ha e had so far was my time spent in fw space. During my stay I ended up training every racial frigate and small weapon skill to 5 and can use most cruisers and destroyers fairly well.

But I want something a little different. I want to throw around a little more weight. I tried joining a nullsec alliance but that turned out to be boring as heck (fleeting up just to entosis a bunch of stuff completely unopposed).

So I guess my question is thus: Can you successfully solo pvp in a battleruiser or battleship or is that an effort in futility? Like can I get stuff done or am I just asking to get tackled and jumped on by 20+ frigs and destroyers every time? If so, where would be a good spot to hunt that would reduce the risk of getting blobbed?

Yes.

I know that's a simple answer but you are asking for anything when you undock. I guess the only way to become competent is to practice and to also look up how others play on youtubes and twitch. I've never flown anything larger than a Gila solo for PVP but I've watched lots and lots of Eve is Easy videos on like solo Kestrels.

I'm not good at managing a gang but I know I'm a lot better at it now when I am blobbed Smile Practice practice practice!

Oh and don't forget the whole fly what you can afford to lose thing. If you've got the wallet to lose Battleships then why not. Smile

@lunettelulu7

Sir Dude
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-12-13 15:36:57 UTC
Be careful though...solo battleships can be a fool's errand unless you are really squared away and know what you are doing.

o7
Keno Skir
#4 - 2016-12-13 15:48:47 UTC
A
R
M
A
G
E
D
D
O
N

I'll just leave that there.
Nexodas Duskshine
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2016-12-13 16:47:15 UTC
Thanks for the input guys.

I built up a pretty decent nest egg during my time in a fw corp so I dont mind losing a few ships.

I also have a few prophecies from my old mission running days sitting around. Might put rlmls on them and see what happens.

Wish me luck boys.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#6 - 2016-12-13 16:59:18 UTC
Join a WH corp. It's very difficult to be blobbed simply by the nature of them. Expect to use T3s, HACs, etc over battleships though for lower class WHs.
Keno Skir
#7 - 2016-12-13 18:25:00 UTC
Nexodas Duskshine wrote:
Thanks for the input guys.

I built up a pretty decent nest egg during my time in a fw corp so I dont mind losing a few ships.

I also have a few prophecies from my old mission running days sitting around. Might put rlmls on them and see what happens.

Wish me luck boys.

Put neuts in highs, drone damage and a brick tank, hull tank can actually be very nice on a prophecy if memory serves me correctly.
Bargain Benny
Doomheim
#8 - 2016-12-13 21:22:48 UTC
There are several Eve PvP content providers on Youtube that have some excellent solo BC and BS vids. Suitonia has that "Armageddonia" video, Otto Von Bismark has quite a few (my favorite being "Baldur" wherein he attacks a gang of o-plexing frigates with a Raven), and Stitch Kanelands's "Heavy Metal" series, which mostly involve Minmatar BC and BS solo PvP.