These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Quick Thoughts On M-OEE8:

Author
Dibz
Doomheim
#21 - 2016-12-12 11:20:28 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:
Curious to see Eve's marketing trailer showing this fight happening in real time, with bold but breathless Fleet Commanders whipping out orders and minions in their thousands rushing to obey whilst stuff blows up all over the place. Sorry kids, it didn't happen that way, but who's gonna tell the future noobs anything?


This is EVE.
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvatt
#22 - 2016-12-12 13:40:48 UTC
So we've got people complaining about server load while they add to the server load by unnecessarily even being there. And then try to claim its a marketing ploy!

The logic is astounding.
Zappity
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#23 - 2016-12-12 19:58:45 UTC
Next time try turning visual settings down and turn audio off. You don't have to show all brackets either - be selective.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Shayla Etherodyne
Delta Laroth Industries
#24 - 2016-12-12 20:04:25 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Shayla Etherodyne wrote:
Mister Burns wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
the assets inside are not at risk.

Why did CCP do it like this? Cry It's not in the spirit of the game! Cry



Because otherwise no one will use them where stations are available.

Easily fixable by removing outposts. And you are wrong here: only 'small' and unorganized groups would live out of NPC stations if no asset safety.


1) Player owned stations, i.e. outpost, exist, as you said. Removing them? Nice idea, I would be curious to see how many people would quit over that;
2) CCP want people to use them even in hi sec;
3) People going away for a week or month like to find his stuff when they return. Maybe in an inaccessible outpost, but they like to find it.



March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2016-12-12 20:48:03 UTC
Shayla Etherodyne wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
Shayla Etherodyne wrote:
Mister Burns wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
the assets inside are not at risk.

Why did CCP do it like this? Cry It's not in the spirit of the game! Cry



Because otherwise no one will use them where stations are available.

Easily fixable by removing outposts. And you are wrong here: only 'small' and unorganized groups would live out of NPC stations if no asset safety.


1) Player owned stations, i.e. outpost, exist, as you said. Removing them? Nice idea, I would be curious to see how many people would quit over that;
2) CCP want people to use them even in hi sec;
3) People going away for a week or month like to find his stuff when they return. Maybe in an inaccessible outpost, but they like to find it.

1) every change leads to lots of players quit. You won't change anything if you are scared.
2) evaccing stuff in high-sec is even easier.
3) easy: make it so you have right to get your stuff back once if you away for like week or two. First time you got it, second time you will prepare your holidays. It's not that hard actually.

Seriously: CCP should have done it right from the start. Then we won't have such threads years after.....

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Previous page12