These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

API does not reflect my character properly

First post
Author
Knorkor
Ministry of Silly Walk
#1 - 2016-12-12 00:21:45 UTC
I removed some skills with an extractor and reinjected it somewhere else and also sold some.
However, since then the API does not reflect my character properly and reports those skills still as being had, which makes using tools such as EveMon and PyFa hard.
Is this an ongoing issue or can I do anything to make the API cache or something similar (if it exists) refresh my XML sheet?
Mmarija85
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2016-12-12 15:36:46 UTC
i'm having the same issue, recently extracted some sp now i cannot get my api to properly show new sp total
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#3 - 2016-12-12 16:56:01 UTC
CCP does not support or endorse third party sites. You would be better served contacting the site owners directly.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Mmarija85
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2016-12-12 16:59:35 UTC
he's already responded and stated that its an issue with the eve api
Mmarija85
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2016-12-12 17:02:35 UTC
although i love how you say you don't endorse third party sites, but there is an entire section in the character bazaar relating to the use of these sites to show what skills your toons has, and how if these are wrong it would be a perma-banable offence.........

So here's another question, how do i sell a toon when the api is not properly reflecting my sp
Knorkor
Ministry of Silly Walk
#6 - 2016-12-12 17:44:08 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
CCP does not support or endorse third party sites. You would be better served contacting the site owners directly.

The Eve API is provided by CCP and I deleted my character in EveMon and removed all files to ensure the API is pulled fresh from CCP. I still have certain skills in the API that I do not have in the game.
Wether CCP endorses EveMon or not, has absolutely nothing to do with it.
From my chair, there is a bug in one of CCP's provided Services and I very much would like CCP to fix it. If they do it or not is of course up to CCP.
Knorkor
Ministry of Silly Walk
#7 - 2016-12-13 11:36:35 UTC
Today's downtime fixed this issue for me. Thanks CCP.