These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Officer spawns

Author
napaCeN
just a tax corp
#1 - 2016-12-11 11:21:45 UTC
i basicly don't know where to post this so i am gonna post it here, what are your experiences with officers guys, i heard that belt ratting is the highest chance to get an officer spawn but i invested a lot of tiem into it without seeing any officer and kinda pisses me off, i know they are supposed to be super RARE but there are a lot of officer modules in market, contracts, kills etc....they got to come from somewhere....
Salvos Rhoska
#2 - 2016-12-11 18:09:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#3 - 2016-12-11 18:29:25 UTC
Are you talking about green, blue or purple loot?

Do you know the difference between officer and DED space and faction mods?

Are you ratting in LS/Null?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

napaCeN
just a tax corp
#4 - 2016-12-12 11:31:20 UTC  |  Edited by: napaCeN
I didn't know i had to clarify that but i am talking about officer ( purple ) loot, estamel hakim and other biches thar never spawn, i am ratting in very deep null and yday i runned a lot of belts got some dread spawns but wanst lucky there to, only building materials droped, but thats it, no officer yet and i am doing this a lot, thats why i ask for your oppinions did you ever seen one or got one and how ??
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#5 - 2016-12-12 20:28:06 UTC
Never really spent enough time in Null to get into officer ratting. Mostly did sanctums/havens and the like when I was down there. Lots of DED sites too, 10/10s etc.

Honestly from what I've heard, you don't rat to get officer spawns, you rat to rat for bounties. Officer and to a lesser degree dread spawns are a bonus on top of ratting because they're so rare.

Random is random.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#6 - 2016-12-12 20:38:19 UTC
napaCeN wrote:
I didn't know i had to clarify that but i am talking about officer ( purple ) loot, estamel hakim and other biches thar never spawn, i am ratting in very deep null and yday i runned a lot of belts got some dread spawns but wanst lucky there to, only building materials droped, but thats it, no officer yet and i am doing this a lot, thats why i ask for your oppinions did you ever seen one or got one and how ??

Officer Spawns are super rare, and almost (but not) totally un-seen out side of NPC pirate home regions (for example, Venal is the Guristas pirates home region, Curse is the home region for the Angel Cartel etc etc).

I've had exactly 2 Officer spawns in 9 and a half years of playing EVE. The 1st was in Fountain (Serpentis home region), the other in Stain (Sansha home region). Some folks have had way more than that because they go system to system in home regions at different times of day looking for Officers, I've never been that dedicated.

For non-home regions, they are possible but even more rare. I helped kill another Angel officer spawn once in Detorid , which is not a home region.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#7 - 2016-12-13 02:52:50 UTC
I ratted for ISK and to repair sec status, off and on for years. As far back as when loot drops included faction towers and guns and such. I never got an officer spawn, ever.
napaCeN
just a tax corp
#8 - 2016-12-13 12:43:25 UTC  |  Edited by: napaCeN
Jenn aSide wrote:
napaCeN wrote:

Officer Spawns are super rare, and almost (but not) totally un-seen out side of NPC pirate home regions (for example, Venal is the Guristas pirates home region, Curse is the home region for the Angel Cartel etc etc).

I've had exactly 2 Officer spawns in 9 and a half years of playing EVE. The 1st was in Fountain (Serpentis home region), the other in Stain (Sansha home region). Some folks have had way more than that because they go system to system in home regions at different times of day looking for Officers, I've never been that dedicated.

For non-home regions, they are possible but even more rare. I helped kill another Angel officer spawn once in Detorid , which is not a home region.

Ty this is the kind response i was looking for, i never tryed to go officer hunting in npc null although i heard to that there is a higher chance to get spawns then in player owned null, but i didnt see one in my 5/6 years of eve, and you saw 2 in almost double that time, and still there are a lot of officer modules lost in combat especialy on supers and titans, and honorable mentions the limmited edition ships which are usualy fitted with officer dmg mods, however when you look the killmails from the last alliance tournament you will see how much offcer loot got destroyed, so i dont know how people get so much purple loot with them being so rare....
Princess Adhara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-12-18 17:09:49 UTC
napaCeN wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
napaCeN wrote:

Ty this is the kind response i was looking for, i never tryed to go officer hunting in npc null although i heard to that there is a higher chance to get spawns then in player owned null, but i didnt see one in my 5/6 years of eve, and you saw 2 in almost double that time, and still there are a lot of officer modules lost in combat especialy on supers and titans, and honorable mentions the limmited edition ships which are usualy fitted with officer dmg mods, however when you look the killmails from the last alliance tournament you will see how much offcer loot got destroyed, so i dont know how people get so much purple loot with them being so rare....

Because thousands of people are playing eve at any given time.
napaCeN
just a tax corp
#10 - 2016-12-18 17:26:28 UTC
i gave up on it, not worth to farm 7/10 days to MAYBE get 1 spawn which can drop then modules same as pith x or gist x type modules and they go for couple houndred millions just cause they are officer loot and i think no one in the right mind will not buy those for 10 times the price but just has a purple star in the corner but hey we also have people paying hundreds of dolars for just an S in their iphone so :D, they can drop mad loot but for the time invested and how boring it is, its not worth it for me.
Kaivarian Coste
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2017-02-19 11:34:03 UTC
When you give up, they win.

Never give up your dream.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2017-02-19 17:05:50 UTC
As was already mentioned, Officer NPC's spawn in their home regions. However they will only spawn in systems with -0.8 or lower true security rate.

Officer Spawns are rare and very dangerous doing high DPS and EWAR with super strong defensive tanks. Definitely a target better suited for a small Fleet. Officer spawns should be handled with great care and they can easily destroy an unprepared solo capsuleer. Their bounties are around 30 mill each and their wrecks not only drop 'Officer Modules' but will also drop excellent salvage materials as well.

Guristas - Venal - Officers: Estamel, Vepas, Thon, Kaikka
Sansha - Stain - Officers: Chelm, Vizan, Selynne, Brokara
Blood Raider - Delve - Officers: Draclira, Ahremen, Raysere, Tairei
Serpentis - Fountain - Officers: Cormack, Setele, Tuvan, Brynn
Angel - Curse - Officers: Tobias, Gotan, Hakim, Mizuro

Anyway, don't give up on accomplishing your goal of finding them, they are definitely worth the effort. Good luck and much success to you in whatever you decide to do.

DMC
napaCeN
just a tax corp
#13 - 2017-02-19 20:17:05 UTC  |  Edited by: napaCeN
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
As was already mentioned, Officer NPC's spawn in their home regions. However they will only spawn in systems with -0.8 or lower true security rate.

Officer Spawns are rare and very dangerous doing high DPS and EWAR with super strong defensive tanks. Definitely a target better suited for a small Fleet. Officer spawns should be handled with great care and they can easily destroy an unprepared solo capsuleer. Their bounties are around 30 mill each and their wrecks not only drop 'Officer Modules' but will also drop excellent salvage materials as well.

Guristas - Venal - Officers: Estamel, Vepas, Thon, Kaikka
Sansha - Stain - Officers: Chelm, Vizan, Selynne, Brokara
Blood Raider - Delve - Officers: Draclira, Ahremen, Raysere, Tairei
Serpentis - Fountain - Officers: Cormack, Setele, Tuvan, Brynn
Angel - Curse - Officers: Tobias, Gotan, Hakim, Mizuro

Anyway, don't give up on accomplishing your goal of finding them, they are definitely worth the effort. Good luck and much success to you in whatever you decide to do.

DMC

great response! ty man, but it will be very hard for me to move out a carrier or something to handle them easily solo in their home region, so for now i'll have to skip on them, although it would be great to hunt for the "rarest of rarest" but i guess i will not be able to go on the hunt for some time... :/
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#14 - 2017-02-20 02:10:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
napaCeN wrote:
great response! ty man, but it will be very hard for me to move out a carrier or something to handle them easily solo in their home region, so for now i'll have to skip on them, although it would be great to hunt for the "rarest of rarest" but i guess i will not be able to go on the hunt for some time... :/

You can always hunt in the Jita system. Rumor has it there's lots of purple modules to be found... Twisted

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2017-02-20 10:36:54 UTC
Well the thing is....
Officers can spawn in -0.2 as well.
(Checked zkillboard and draclira killed someone in Delve in a -0.2 system)
So it could be in the home regions that every system is treated as -1.0