These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

What's the sense of upgrading your account?

Author
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#21 - 2016-12-04 21:21:05 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
de Obliviator Preon wrote:
Recently, I decided to upgrade my account to Omega. What are the benefits?

I see no benefits. I can post here with this newfangled Alpha clone, so it's all I need.

Mr Epeen Cool

Welcome back.

Now get out pleb!
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#22 - 2016-12-04 21:26:10 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

I see no benefits. I can post here with this newfangled Alpha clone, so it's all I need.

Mr Epeen Cool

Some might say you've always been limited anyway...Smile

Not me though. Welcome back.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2016-12-04 21:28:43 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Welcome back- I kind of missed you.
You're one of the selected few persons here I actually tolerate signing his posts.

Ms Zeta What?

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#24 - 2016-12-04 21:38:42 UTC
I guess there's no such thing as slipping in unnoticed with you eagle-eyed lot haunting GD still.

Mr Epeen Cool
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#25 - 2016-12-04 22:00:58 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

well played CCP yea,, i mean at least now you don't have to pay to just comment on the forums Roll

Kosomot
Player Vs Ore
Miners Of Independence
#26 - 2016-12-04 22:16:43 UTC
Recently, I decided to upgrade my account to Omega. What are the benefits? Does it grant me a pilot's license? Please, I need all the help I can get before deciding either to get an upgrade or no.

So let's put it like this.

Alpha is like going to the strippers and you get mostly look, touch a bit..but not much more than that, no there really takes you serious.

Omega is like buying the Strip Club, disinfecting all the dancers and then marring one of them, which is really what you wanted when you started going to the club in the first place.

Omega expands your experience, past what alpha offers.

You won't really notice until you start training into ships // skills that were off limits to you, and then you will mostly say, how the hell did i stay alpha for so long.

yeah...internet spaceships and strippers ...

speaking of which always keep a janitor and a prostitute in your cargo hold, it gets lonely in space, and you don't want to have to clean up your own mess.

Fly Safe.

I am a miner, mission runner, and explorer...

or as EVE Online would have it...

A Carebear!!

de Obliviator Preon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2016-12-05 01:40:51 UTC
Glathull wrote:
There are a couple of different ways to look at this, and the way you choose has to do with a number of variables like your financial situation, the amount of time you want to play, how mentally invested you choose to get, etc.

First and foremost, remember that this is a game. How, in general, do you respond to games? Some people get really really serious when there's an ongoing bit of money, and they forget that the whole point is to have fun.

Some people start to feel entitled and turn bitter when they are paying money to get blown up a lot. Is that you? Maybe play for free for a while.

But the two approaches I mentioned above look like this:

1) Milk the free part of the experience to its maximum potential. The way the limitations are set, you can experience pretty much every aspect of the game in some way before you run into the skill limit. So do that, find out if it's worth it to you to open up the full possibilities of the game. There are even corps that will take FTP players in and work within those limitations. You can even experience the social aspects of the game without paying.

2) Dive in and commit a small amount of money each month to get--albeight--slow access to everything the game has to offer. Because you are not a bitter person who expects everything to work your way. Because you understand the mechanics of the game are not about "winning". Because you understand that losing a ship is just as much fun as killing a ship. Because you understand that there is no lvl 81 where you always win. There's a level of "winning" that is called having fun in a game.

Pick which one makes sense for you and go with it. There is more fun and more content in the subscription world than there is in the free world. I'm playing a n00b free toon right now just to see what it's like. You can do a lot of fun things there.

The choice is yours, and you don't need to pick only one.

I play this game not to have fun. I play this game to make my dream come true. And I don't just take this game as "a game". I take this game if though it is "a life". It not my fault that my corporation leader has donated 10 million ISK to my account and I have already spent 2 of them buying the same ship over and over again. I wanted to experience all the hardships that life would give me on my way up top. But, if there is an opportunity, I take it as a due.
Kharamete
Royal Assent
#28 - 2016-12-05 01:46:57 UTC
Soloman Jackson wrote:
[quote=Mark Marconi]
I vote we change PLEx to CLUg to avoid confusion.

For us old-timer explorers, PLEX was always a confusing term.

We used to call combat sites complexes, before Apocrypha. Shortened to Plexes.

"Let's go and do a plex" leads to all sorts of misunderstandings these days.

CCP FoxFour: "... the what button... oh god I didn't even know that existed. BRB."

My little youtube videos can be found here

de Obliviator Preon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2016-12-05 01:49:32 UTC
Kosomot wrote:
Recently, I decided to upgrade my account to Omega. What are the benefits? Does it grant me a pilot's license? Please, I need all the help I can get before deciding either to get an upgrade or no.

So let's put it like this.

Alpha is like going to the strippers and you get mostly look, touch a bit..but not much more than that, no there really takes you serious.

Omega is like buying the Strip Club, disinfecting all the dancers and then marring one of them, which is really what you wanted when you started going to the club in the first place.

Omega expands your experience, past what alpha offers.

You won't really notice until you start training into ships // skills that were off limits to you, and then you will mostly say, how the hell did i stay alpha for so long.

yeah...internet spaceships and strippers ...

speaking of which always keep a janitor and a prostitute in your cargo hold, it gets lonely in space, and you don't want to have to clean up your own mess.

Fly Safe.
Ok, miner, let me say you so, I got it. I have to upgrade, because recently I got ten million dollars, for nothing. Now I need to spend them somewhere, so I buy Omega.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#30 - 2016-12-05 01:53:46 UTC
my corporation leader has donated 10 million ISK to my account and I have already spent 2 of them buying the same ship over and over again.

Doing it right, you are, young Padawan.

Mr Epeen Cool
Hrist Harkonnen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2016-12-05 15:05:32 UTC
You can fly the best ship with the best fit for whatever activity you wanna do.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#32 - 2016-12-05 15:23:34 UTC

bigger ships, better skills, pew pew heaven
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2016-12-05 15:32:36 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
$8.33 / month for the multi-month packs is THE cheapest I've seen the subscription in a long time. Beats paying $20 per month for PLEX by a long shot.

You sub your account by buying PLEX? Lol dude...

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

flummox
#34 - 2016-12-07 17:55:22 UTC
Just want to point out that you're not training "twice as fast when you have Omega"...

It should read that you're training "50% speed when you have Alpha"

The result is the same in numbers, but just wanted to point out that Omega train at the same speed we did before the two clone types. So, Alpha train "half as fast"... not Omega train "twice as fast".

flummox

Previous page12