These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Skill injectors diminishing returns.

Author
Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#21 - 2016-12-07 15:06:00 UTC
should have been a full on cap at 120mil SP or so.
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#22 - 2016-12-07 16:50:05 UTC
I had >80 mil SP on all my characters when injectors came out... I got hosed.

Not today spaghetti.

flummox
#23 - 2016-12-07 17:14:20 UTC
going to weigh in here.

it is absolutely absurd that skill injectors don't just give a flat value of the 500k. why the need for diminishing returns? it makes no sense at all that my character should suffer a penalty simply because i made the character in 2003 and managed to train him.

why is my money worth less? why is my PLEX worth less? why does a long term player (read PAYER) get screwed to the pooch when it comes to this one item? screw it. why not let this mentality into other aspects of EVE? maybe players over 5mil SP should only get 33% of the ore they mine, too. and mission runners, let's reduce their payouts to 33% when they hit 5mil. don't forget to hit incursion and FW with the 33% nerfbat while you're at it...

insane. insane to punish people who have put thousands of real life money into this game.

what is this trend of not only IGNORING your long term loyal CUSTOMERS, but actively SCREWING them over in favor of someone who just started playing is INSANE.

you need to make this right, CCP.

Now™. Not Soon™.

flummox

Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2016-12-07 17:49:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
This aspect actually has been part of Eve for a long time. Take the security status or standings for example: The higher it is, the slower it increases, making it more difficult to reach 5/10 respectively. Same with skills: level one of a skill gives you the same benefit as level 5, but level 5 takes much more time to train. Same with ships and modules: A warp scrambler that has 10% more range doesn't cost 10% more, but more along the lines of 1000%. That's not "insane", but quite the opposite, as it allows older and more wealthy characters to get an edge over low SP poors, but not enough to roflstomp them by default.

And ultimately, your money is worth the same as a nerwer players money: You can buy the same SP Extractor with AUR/money they can. It's the same item doing exactly the same thing. The Skill injector you can make with it may not be as useful to you as it is for a newer character, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have the same worth attached to it.

SP extraction/injection was explicitly implemented to give newer players a way to catch up. Keeping that in mind, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have them give high SP characters the same benefit. You may just have to come to terms with the simple fact that not everything that gets added to the game will be aimed at you specifically - there are other players in this game as well. ;)
Previous page12