These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Dev blog: Monthly Economical Report - November 2016

First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-12-02 16:27:58 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Our data wizard, CCP Quant, has compiled the latest Monthly Economic Report for November 2016.

Enjoy the report!

If you want to have a closer look at the numbers, you are welcome to consult the raw data (21 MB, zipped).

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Zachri
The Darwin Foundation
#2 - 2016-12-02 16:37:20 UTC
Yey, first
Amelia Fitzgerald
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-12-02 16:45:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Amelia Fitzgerald
Why is there a total mining value by region but no total bounty value by region breakdown?
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2016-12-02 16:50:33 UTC
Hey, CCP Quant, did that mining drone logging thing mentioned on the first image in the devblog get fixed, or is it still outstanding? Did it affect the total mining amount by region graph too?

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Skia Aumer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2016-12-02 16:56:10 UTC
Mining drone logging bug only applies to 1 day data?
Arronicus
Upside Down Thinking Face
Black Rise Matters
#6 - 2016-12-02 16:56:33 UTC
I meant delete the thread, as a joke, not my post. I guess noone to blame there for that but myself. Ugh
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#7 - 2016-12-02 16:59:38 UTC
Whats the new definition of a "active character" ?

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Kousaka Otsu Shigure
#8 - 2016-12-02 17:14:36 UTC
Wow, we're steadily approaching the Quadrillion mark! Sweet sweet baby Jesus!

Archiver, Software Developer and Data Slave

Current Project Status: What can I make with these minerals?

Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#9 - 2016-12-02 17:19:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Scotsman Howard
CCP Phantom wrote:
Our data wizard, CCP Quant, has compiled the latest Monthly Economic Report for November 2016.

Enjoy the report!

If you want to have a closer look at the numbers, you are welcome to consult the raw data (21 MB, zipped).


Has there been any concern about the faucet/sink ratios? It would see we have been seeing more isk come into the economy lately, but if you were to add the "faucets" that are now going to player (brokers fees, jumps clones, etc.) the difference is a little better.

It seems since CCP has turned many sinks into simply player-to-player transfers, we are heading toward inflation if this trend continues. It would probably become more significant once more people get indy arrays up and all those sinks go to players.

Heck, could you just let us know that you feel comfortable with how the economy is progressing or that you are keeping on eye on things lol?
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Mercenary Coalition
#10 - 2016-12-02 18:23:44 UTC
Same question as always: How valuable are market Fortizars around hubs compared to hubs themselves?

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Tonto Auri
Vhero' Multipurpose Corp
#11 - 2016-12-02 22:52:16 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Whats the new definition of a "active character" ?

Read EULA and ToS to know.

Two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison

Magnus Orly
Crucial Contribution
#12 - 2016-12-03 12:20:46 UTC
Amazing! Thanks!

Our corporation is recruiting! We live in Caldari high-sec and do mining, missions and trading.

Sylvia Kildare
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-12-03 13:13:25 UTC
Hahaha, love the bonus graph... good ol' Elite Drone AI price spike right there in cold, hard numbers.

Scotsman Howard wrote:
Has there been any concern about the faucet/sink ratios? It would see we have been seeing more isk come into the economy lately, but if you were to add the "faucets" that are now going to player (brokers fees, jumps clones, etc.) the difference is a little better.

It seems since CCP has turned many sinks into simply player-to-player transfers, we are heading toward inflation if this trend continues. It would probably become more significant once more people get indy arrays up and all those sinks go to players.

Heck, could you just let us know that you feel comfortable with how the economy is progressing or that you are keeping on eye on things lol?


Well, just looking at the graphs... on the faucet side... incursion payouts are fairly stable for the past few years (weird spike at March 2016 but was temporary... I don't remember anything special happening then except the lead up to the carrier/fax capital changes and all pre-citadel).... bounties, OTOH, are up and up and up all 2016 long.

But transaction taxes and broker fees are up and up and up on the sink side as well. Things seem fairly in balance. Citadels took some ISK out of the game as well, with people wanting their shiny new toys. ECs and the new mining platform things... the same, but to a lesser level.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#14 - 2016-12-03 19:53:49 UTC
Sylvia Kildare wrote:


Well, just looking at the graphs... on the faucet side... incursion payouts are fairly stable for the past few years (weird spike at March 2016 but was temporary... I don't remember anything special happening then except the lead up to the carrier/fax capital changes and all pre-citadel).... bounties, OTOH, are up and up and up all 2016 long.

But transaction taxes and broker fees are up and up and up on the sink side as well. Things seem fairly in balance. Citadels took some ISK out of the game as well, with people wanting their shiny new toys. ECs and the new mining platform things... the same, but to a lesser level.

March Spike should be Drifter Incursions, which were bugged and got exploited badly for ludicrous payouts for a few weeks.
Bounties are Null carrier ratting being hugely buffed with the Carrier changes.
Baldrick UK
Ironforge Commerce Guild
#15 - 2016-12-03 21:32:15 UTC
ok, I know I sounds like a broken record on this but the Trade data released still looks too low:

The really simple explanation for this becomes apparent when i compare the Trade data to the Transaction Tax data. As a reminder, every sale that is made on the market attracts a Transaction Tax of anywhere between 1.0% (Accounting Skill Level V) to 2.0% (no Accounting Skill).

Now, i would expect the Transaction Tax divided by the Trade data to be 1.0% because the vast majority of all Trade will be done by characters with Level V Accounting.

And indeed in February, March and April the Transaction Tax divided by the Trade data was 1.00%.

But then along came Citadels and the Transaction Tax divided by the Trade data rose at first to 1.31% and in November is now 1.69%.

That suggests to me that either the Transaction Tax data is too high or the Trade data is too low. Given the divergence happened once Citadels were released then I am assuming the issue is the Trade Data and indeed my workings show that instead of Trade being 596 trillion in November (vs 977 trillion in February) it was actually 1,006 trillion which is much closer to what was achieved in February.

My blog post has the table of numbers that show this really clearly - http://marketsforisk.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/eve-economic-data-is-trade-data.html

Or what am I missing?
CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2016-12-05 09:51:37 UTC
Amelia Fitzgerald wrote:
Why is there a total mining value by region but no total bounty value by region breakdown?


Good point, I'll add a bounty by region graph to the next release!

Querns wrote:
Hey, CCP Quant, did that mining drone logging thing mentioned on the first image in the devblog get fixed, or is it still outstanding? Did it affect the total mining amount by region graph too?


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=postmessage&t=502493&f=247&q=6737778

It affects the total mining in that mining volume by drones is partially reported at best. Still not fixed because of development priorities

Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Whats the new definition of a "active character" ?


New definition of Active: Everyone who has logged in for the past 30 days.

Scotsman Howard wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
Our data wizard, CCP Quant, has compiled the latest Monthly Economic Report for November 2016.

Enjoy the report!

If you want to have a closer look at the numbers, you are welcome to consult the raw data (21 MB, zipped).


Has there been any concern about the faucet/sink ratios? It would see we have been seeing more isk come into the economy lately, but if you were to add the "faucets" that are now going to player (brokers fees, jumps clones, etc.) the difference is a little better.

It seems since CCP has turned many sinks into simply player-to-player transfers, we are heading toward inflation if this trend continues. It would probably become more significant once more people get indy arrays up and all those sinks go to players.

Heck, could you just let us know that you feel comfortable with how the economy is progressing or that you are keeping on eye on things lol?


If you look at the isk float graph you can see that if anything we're doing better this year than any year before. This is mainly because of the citadel launch (tax changes, structure bpos seeded, etc.). Although bounties have been steadily increasing (and we're following that closely), then the sinks have been high enough to counter it so far.

Rivr Luzade wrote:
Same question as always: How valuable are market Fortizars around hubs compared to hubs themselves?


I've considered adding a top trade hub list to the report, now the player-run tradehub in perimeter has surpassed Amarr and is in 2nd place after Jita 4-4
CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2016-12-05 09:55:45 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Quant
Scotsman Howard wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
Our data wizard, CCP Quant, has compiled the latest Monthly Economic Report for November 2016.

Enjoy the report!

If you want to have a closer look at the numbers, you are welcome to consult the raw data (21 MB, zipped).


Has there been any concern about the faucet/sink ratios? It would see we have been seeing more isk come into the economy lately, but if you were to add the "faucets" that are now going to player (brokers fees, jumps clones, etc.) the difference is a little better.

It seems since CCP has turned many sinks into simply player-to-player transfers, we are heading toward inflation if this trend continues. It would probably become more significant once more people get indy arrays up and all those sinks go to players.

Heck, could you just let us know that you feel comfortable with how the economy is progressing or that you are keeping on eye on things lol?


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=471995

Quote:
Market: markets currently have two taxes, transaction's tax, applied for sold items, and broker's fee for non immediate orders, which are set at 1.5% and 1% respectively. To create an environment more competitive for Citadels, we plan on increasing the transaction tax to 2.5% and the broker's fee to 5-6%. Players trading in citadels will still receive the transaction tax, but the broker's fee will be at the complete discretion of the owner. To avoid confusion for the owner, the broker relations skill will not affect player set broker's fee in Citadels.


The following graph in the report shows the effect: Top sinks and faucets over time
Blacksmoke16
Resilience.
#18 - 2016-12-05 17:19:15 UTC
Kind of off topic, but in regards to the Wealth Distribution graph you posted on Twitter.

What's the median wallet size in each of those brackets?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwbbWhSWEAEh0aH.jpg
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#19 - 2016-12-06 08:29:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
I know some time ago you published a figure showing total value of goods in EVE. This obviously was based on CCP's valuation which may not match current market, but is related I believe? Would it be possible to get that added to the 'total isk supply' graph, or a similar graph showing total goods value?


Blacksmoke16 wrote:
Kind of off topic, but in regards to the Wealth Distribution graph you posted on Twitter.

What's the median wallet size in each of those brackets?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwbbWhSWEAEh0aH.jpg


Additionally can we get a historical set of these graphs, as I'm curious how the isk distribution of EVE has changed over the years.
Baldrick UK
Ironforge Commerce Guild
#20 - 2016-12-06 21:14:19 UTC
Quote:
Market: markets currently have two taxes, transaction's tax, applied for sold items, and broker's fee for non immediate orders, which are set at 1.5% and 1% respectively. To create an environment more competitive for Citadels, we plan on increasing the transaction tax to 2.5% and the broker's fee to 5-6%. Players trading in citadels will still receive the transaction tax, but the broker's fee will be at the complete discretion of the owner. To avoid confusion for the owner, the broker relations skill will not affect player set broker's fee in Citadels.


But on one of the support pages it states that the Transaction Tax has remained at 1.0% for Accounting Level 5 and that is confirmed by my characters who can all still get 1.00% Transaction Tax in NPC stations and Citadels.


The following graph that you cite is compelling:Top sinks and faucets over time[/quote] though recall that in February / March / April the Transaction Tax divided by Trade was still 1.00%, as expected. Since then, on this graph, there has been not notable shift in the Transaction Tax line through the summer and autumn or any sort of step that would indicate a sudden change in the Transaction Tax rate.

Also, surely Trade by now would be back or close to February levels? On your data it is still about 39% below. However, if we assume the Transaction Tax rate is actually 1.00% of Trade (because the main traders have Accounting Level 5) then the actual Trade is at the same level as February.

12Next page