These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

How are you in RL, besides EVE?

Author
Expendable Unit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-12-04 08:34:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Expendable Unit
Dear Eve Community,

I really want to know, how you guys are in RL ? I have heard how some of the nicest guys in RL are the biggest and most brutal scammers in EVE, and how the nicest in EVE are the most dangerous in life (As one player once claimed, he was a Mercenary in RL), so I wonder, how you are in RL regarding socializing with other people?

Do you consider yourself to be nice? Do you press the door button in a tram so that people outside that want to get into the tram do not have to press it? Do you let elderly people sit down if there are no seats left? Do you give the same amount of tip to a waitress whether she has a big bust or not? Are you fair to others? Are you a hard worker or pretend to work most of the times?

I met some of you folks in Fanfest, and you seem like really adorable people, but I do not know if you were pretending, because let's face it, it was exciting to meet all those people, but was that really you in RL?

I am curious about this.
Bivk Dvtt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-12-04 08:42:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Bivk Dvtt
Expendable Unit wrote:
Dear Eve Community,

I really want to know, how you guys are in RL ? I have heard how some of the nicest guys in RL are the biggest and most brutal scammers in EVE, and how the nicest in EVE are the most dangerous in life (As one player once claimed, he was a Mercenary in RL), so I wonder, how you are in RL regarding socializing with other people?

That propaganda has been going on for years and has to be regularly reactivated so the waves of new players get hypnotized by sweet-talking online sociopaths, accept the hazing rites and join the ranks of the griefers ("everyone says they are nice, they must be!")
- Griefers (people who enjoy extracting tears and making people unsubscribe) always say they are super nice guys IRL
- Same griefers always say carebears actively seek to dox them

Very strange, as the contrary seems to happen, griefers ingame are the same IRL (ex mittani), while carebears have others things to do once they've been extolled rage by professional Schadenfreude seekers

Pic related: http://www.noelshack.com/2016-48-1480841313-ladyareolafappingtongif.gif
That's griefer propaganda
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#3 - 2016-12-04 08:53:58 UTC
Entirely certain this belongs in OOPE, not GD.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#4 - 2016-12-04 09:06:56 UTC
Expendable Unit wrote:
Dear Eve Community,

Do you consider yourself to be nice? Do you press the door button in a tram so that people outside that want to get into the tram do not have to press it? Do you let elderly people sit down if there are no seats left? Do you give the same amount of tip to a waitress whether she has a big bust or not? Are you fair to others? Are you a hard worker or pretend to work most of the times?

I met some of you folks in Fanfest, and you seem like really adorable people, but I do not know if you were pretending, because let's face it, it was exciting to meet all those people, but was that really you in RL?

I am curious about this.

Dear Expendable Forum Alt,

You don't rate that information.

Thank you,

Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-12-04 09:49:46 UTC
*processing*

i don't exist in RL, i'm a bot.

*processing*

and if i would be a real person... i'd be a serial killer Pirate

*bzzz*
Keno Skir
#6 - 2016-12-04 09:49:55 UTC
Bivk Dvtt wrote:
Expendable Unit wrote:
Dear Eve Community,

That propaganda has been going on for years and has to be regularly reactivated so the waves of new players get hypnotized by sweet-talking online sociopaths, accept the hazing rites and join the ranks of the griefers ("everyone says they are nice, they must be!")
- Griefers (people who enjoy extracting tears and making people unsubscribe) always say they are super nice guys IRL

Very strange, as the contrary seems to happen, griefers ingame are the same IRL (ex mittani), while carebears have others things to do once they've been extolled rage by professional Schadenfreude seekers

Pic related: http://www.noelshack.com/2016-48-1480841313-ladyareolafappingtongif.gif

Butt-hurt much?
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-12-04 13:15:18 UTC
I ate a box of crayons, and now I **** rainbows.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Sequester Risalo
German Corps of Engineers 17
Federation of Respect Honor Passion Alliance.
#8 - 2016-12-04 13:22:07 UTC
I'm fine, thank you.
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#9 - 2016-12-04 13:37:47 UTC
my arse is itchy I think I've got a hemorrhoid thanks for asking though
Keno Skir
#10 - 2016-12-04 14:53:45 UTC
Is this a stealth "people who are bad in EvE are sociopaths in real life" thread? Because people who make that link are monumental idiots.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#11 - 2016-12-04 14:59:08 UTC
Currently hungover, though that wouldn't surprise anyone.

On topic, pretty much most of the lads I know Ingame are grown ass working adults with families, both male and female.

A little older than you would expect from a typical MMO crowd, not that eve is yer typical MMO.

Beyond that there's nothing needs saying.
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#12 - 2016-12-04 15:30:04 UTC
If you want to get to know people in this game, join a corp and fly with them.

Ralph, I refuse to believe you are hungover. I'm almost certain you're still carrying around a pint. You can't be hungover until you stop drinking mate.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#13 - 2016-12-04 15:31:01 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
Is this a stealth "people who are bad in EvE are sociopaths in real life" thread? Because people who make that link are monumental idiots.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2016-12-04 16:01:35 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Keno Skir wrote:

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

You think Jessica Rabbit quotes will get you ahead here?

They do.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#15 - 2016-12-04 17:35:14 UTC
*burps*

I am not a drunk like I am in EVE... I am actually a functional drunk.

Yes... there is a difference.
Expendable Unit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#16 - 2016-12-04 18:14:56 UTC
Bivk Dvtt wrote:
Expendable Unit wrote:
Dear Eve Community,

This link you sent, is this based on real life understanding on the subject at hand, I mean, do you have a background in psychology? I think I am a nice guy in RL, too nice, which is my weakness. However, the half-wits that memorized the 48 laws of power that think they can outsmart me failed utterly (there were a few), so I am not that weak, but although I am not a fan of people and crowds, when I do meet some, I do my part to be polite and respectful.
I met so many players in Eve over time, that I am just extremely curious how people are in RL compared to in this game. It is just too bad that people do not reply. For instance, no Goons, PLs, etc, as if they are afraid to write something wrong? I don't know, I was just curious I guess.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#17 - 2016-12-04 18:35:05 UTC
By and large I think most people in Eve act as an extension of their personality IRL.
Toobo
Project Fruit House
#18 - 2016-12-04 18:36:37 UTC
Well I said it before in some other threads like this (deja vu all the time here k). So I just repeat the summary - I'm manipulative and calculative IRL. Yes I work in sales and marketing/business development, where your lies and BS have to be so convincing that even you believe it yourself XD

In game I'm generally nice and never broke a single promise I made in game (e.g., if I agree to ransom I really do let people go after ransom has been paid. If I want a kill I refuse/return any ransom offer, I also always paid my loan back, whereas IRL if I can get away with money without being caught I would in a heartbeat, and in my younger days I did steal a few things here and there, but I've never committed corp theft in EVE).

Funnily enough, I think it's because RL money I see as valuable enough to bend any notion of morality or laws to acquire if risk is getting caught is extremely low or I know how to avoid them for sure. For in game ISK, it's all space pixels, so I don't think it's worth it to be a d1ck about them. Just my warped logic :p

Cheers Love! The cavalry's here!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2016-12-04 18:38:38 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
*burps*

I am not a drunk like I am in EVE... I am actually a functional drunk.

Yes... there is a difference.

I have been to many EVE meets, there is no difference. We drink a shocking amount of alcohol.
Sasha Nemtsov
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-12-04 20:07:05 UTC
N. Parker: Do you smoke?

Me: No.

N. Parker: Do you drink alcohol?

N. Parker: Do you take drugs?

N. Parker: Do you really play EVE?

Me: Yep. New Order of Highsec.

N. Parker: ****. That's scary. Not the New Order bit...
123Next page