These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Naga setup

Author
Eugoogalizer 0
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-11-25 15:50:04 UTC
Ive been trying to find info on the Naga but there doesnt seem to be much out there at all. I want to get something that will do most missions i can come across but can also be fitted for some pvp. It seems like the naga is more for longer range than up close, i could be wrong though. If there is a better option i would be open to that as well. Ive had better success with my cormorant than my corax, so ive trained more gunnery skills than missiles. Here is a link to my eveboard

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eugoogalizer_0
Levin Crack
#2 - 2016-11-25 15:51:53 UTC
Naga feels like a special version of the ferox, so I would prob fit it similar but with large turrets and some extra tracking and a prop mod to go fast. Smile
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#3 - 2016-11-25 17:28:21 UTC
I don't think you should use 'Naga and Missions' in the same sentence.
They just weren't built for each other.
Persephone Alleile
Tartarus Covert Operations
#4 - 2016-11-25 17:31:47 UTC
Naga is best as an extreme long range sniper, the tank on it is pretty pitiful so basically you want to be as far away from whatever you are shooting as possible. You could use it for missions I suppose, but you'd be better off with a Ferox.
Eugoogalizer 0
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-11-25 18:17:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Eugoogalizer 0
Ok cool, thanks all. Are they pretty decent for pvp? Solo or group better?
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#6 - 2016-11-25 18:59:59 UTC
As OP as it might've been, the Naga was awesome when it was a missile boat

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#7 - 2016-11-25 19:03:28 UTC
Since the Naga, like all Attack BCs, is extremely weak against smaller ships... it operates best with some kind of group.

I have found the ship to work well in two configurations:

- Full-on Sniper: 425mm railguns, Sensor Boosters, Tracking Enhancers, MWD, Magnetic Field Stabilizers, and a token shield tank.
With Tech 2 ranged ammo it can apply a good 400 dps out to ~200km. This is ideal for situations where you want to gatecamp from extreme range, support your group against small kiting ships, or hit and run with other sniping ships.

- Glass-cannon brawler: Neutron Blasters, beefy shield tank, MWD, and Mag Field Stabs.
Think of it as a MUCH harder hitting Moa with more range... that is slower, slightly more fragile, lacks any drone support, and is more expensive. You WILL need a gang to support you with this configuration because you WILL be primaried by everything on field.
Also... while a Blaster Talos can hit even harder and track targets better than then Naga, the latter has more range and can use Tech 2 ranged blaster ammo to much greater effect.
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#8 - 2016-11-25 19:07:27 UTC
I miss the old naga, and the old talos and the old nado, those were awesome ships. But ccp overnerfed them to **** :(.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#9 - 2016-11-25 20:29:55 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:
I miss the old naga, and the old talos and the old nado, those were awesome ships. But ccp overnerfed them to **** :(.

At last you say something I can agree with.

o7 old Naga, you were the mostest fun.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#10 - 2016-11-26 11:53:04 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:

Me too! And I miss the old pricetags of them. It's sad that they don't have a place in svipul online.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#11 - 2016-11-26 12:31:23 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
W0lf Crendraven wrote:

Me too! And I miss the old pricetags of them. It's sad that they don't have a place in svipul online.

This had nothing to do with t3ds, the ABC died before the T3D even came out. Also the svipul was a very healthy ship for the game.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#12 - 2016-11-27 19:55:53 UTC
I once ran Serpentis Blockade (L4) in this:

[Naga, buffer sniper mishin]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

10MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Large Shield Extender II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II

425mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L

Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

It sucked. It took forever. I wouldn't do it again. But I did do it.

As for any other L4: not likely. The Naga is going to die if anything sneezes at it too hard and you don't have range/transversal. That particular mission may have high incoming DPS but there aren't any gates so you can manage things one at a time fairly effectively.

But yeah. Don't do it.