These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CCP - thats really what you wanted with the harvesting drone ??

Author
Rob Six
Khanid Border Patrol
Brave United
#1 - 2016-11-25 07:48:33 UTC
Entered my Icebelt today.

11 other ship there - not unusual.

But wait -- Orcas only.

Each of them AFK drone-mining his own asteroid....

That what you wanted CCP ? You should have guessed..

BTW..all those Orcas belonged to one guy only..

I nearly got used to the Ice mining Borg Fleet in Agal. You know that guy in his Drake Navy watching over his 25 Skiff Bot Fleet.

But now that really sucks.

CCP.. good job feeding the AFKs and Bots..

And i really start getting positive feelings for CODE.

o7
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#2 - 2016-11-25 07:57:02 UTC
People predicted this in the Orca thread. It was very obvious this would happen, this is a new level of AFK mining which just got possible.

Get a Mach and bump them out
Baldy McNoHair
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-11-25 08:36:01 UTC
AFK orca mining fleet? Good. gank them, and scoop their harvester drones for a quick "play free for 2 years" scale profit. Twisted
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#4 - 2016-11-25 08:43:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Ishido Attaka
Purity of the Iron Cold
#5 - 2016-11-25 08:47:03 UTC
You can scope drones if drone owner loses control over them, can not you? Excavator drones are worth billoins a piece but they can be used only by rorqual, am I right? Good luck bumping it.

But in high sec... If I scope T2 mining drone, which was not mine, will I get suspect flag? Cause bumping afk orcas to scope their few milions worth T2 drones can be serios source of income even if you need to bump orcas 60 km away...
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#6 - 2016-11-25 09:08:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
I must say that I find this funny. complaining at a very inefficient way of mining What the hell do I care, it is amusing watching people who cannot get enough of you together to gank them whine about it and ask for a nerf, now where did I hear that line from before, you know get friends, oh gankers. You have to bump them out of the range of their mining drones which is a bit more effort, lol. Though the speed of mining drones is so bad you will have an impact. Stop whining and get bumping...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2016-11-25 10:31:21 UTC
Meanwhile alpha clones stuck in a venture with two t1 turrets.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2016-11-25 10:35:37 UTC
Ishido Attaka wrote:
You can scope drones if drone owner loses control over them, can not you? Excavator drones are worth billoins a piece but they can be used only by rorqual, am I right? Good luck bumping it.

But in high sec... If I scope T2 mining drone, which was not mine, will I get suspect flag? Cause bumping afk orcas to scope their few milions worth T2 drones can be serios source of income even if you need to bump orcas 60 km away...

If they leave the system too yeah they become neutral and go inactive and you can scoop them up consequence free if you have the room. Uikely with drones so valuable but if you chase him off you could
Rob Six
Khanid Border Patrol
Brave United
#9 - 2016-11-25 11:07:16 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
I must say that I find this funny. What the hell do I care, it is amusing watching people who cannot get enough of you together to gank them whine about it and ask for a nerf, now where did I hear that line from before, you know get friends, oh gankers. You have to bump them out of the range of their mining drones which is a bit more effort, lol. Though the speed of mining drones is so bad you will have an impact. Stop whining and get bumping...

Dont I have to get a CODE permission before doing CODE business ?Twisted

No whining here - just posting an observation. Maybe i make a bumping alt on another account - not really wanting to waste my mining time with bumping 10 Orcas around.
powdemonic Ellecon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-11-25 11:08:20 UTC
Rob Six wrote:
Entered my Icebelt today.

11 other ship there - not unusual.

But wait -- Orcas only.

Each of them AFK drone-mining his own asteroid....

That what you wanted CCP ? You should have guessed..

BTW..all those Orcas belonged to one guy only..

I nearly got used to the Ice mining Borg Fleet in Agal. You know that guy in his Drake Navy watching over his 25 Skiff Bot Fleet.

But now that really sucks.

CCP.. good job feeding the AFKs and Bots..

And i really start getting positive feelings for CODE.

o7

you do realize that the orcas cannot mine as good as a single procurer even with harvester and the boost don't work on the drones either thus they are not doing very well and in high sec, pfft, please they are losing lots of isk so don't get upset for the stoopid people that think they are being genius's
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#11 - 2016-11-25 11:30:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Rob Six wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
I must say that I find this funny. What the hell do I care, it is amusing watching people who cannot get enough of you together to gank them whine about it and ask for a nerf, now where did I hear that line from before, you know get friends, oh gankers. You have to bump them out of the range of their mining drones which is a bit more effort, lol. Though the speed of mining drones is so bad you will have an impact. Stop whining and get bumping...

Dont I have to get a CODE permission before doing CODE business ?Twisted

No whining here - just posting an observation. Maybe i make a bumping alt on another account - not really wanting to waste my mining time with bumping 10 Orcas around.

Well the other point is that it is not efficient, I checked out an Orca myself on less then stella drone mining skills and it was very poor in relation to my Skiff, which I assumed you knew, also the mining drones are really slow, so it is not efficient even as an AFK method and I did not point it out on my post above. powdemonic Ellecon pointed this out above and I amended my earlier post to make that point evident.

As for CODE business, not as far as I know, if you don't like someone gathering resources ahead of you then you can war dec them or get friends together to gank them, or just get more efficient at gathering the resources.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-11-25 11:39:42 UTC
question, shooting drones: criminal or suspect flag?
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-11-25 11:45:30 UTC
You think that's bad? You obviously haven't seen an enormous ore anomaly with 15 sieged Rorquals in them, all wielding 5 Excavator drones, completely ripping the belt apart. And all those 15 Rorqs are controlled by one person.

That's how bad it really is. Those Orca's in high sec... pff.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Rob Six
Khanid Border Patrol
Brave United
#14 - 2016-11-25 11:48:55 UTC
[quote=Dracvlad
Well the other point is that it is not efficient, I checked out an Orca myself on less then stella drone mining skills and it was very poor in relation to my Skiff, which I assumed you knew, also the mining drones are really slow, so it is not efficient even as an AFK method and I did not point it out on my post above. powdemonic Ellecon pointed this out above and I amended my earlier post to make that point evident.

As for CODE business, not as far as I know, if you don't like someone gathering resources ahead of you then you can war dec them or get friends together to gank them, or just get more efficient at gathering the resources.[/quote]

Maybe you should do the calcualtion again with a harvester II and nearly maxed skills. Thats quite a lot when parking next the rock..

This is not about "me not liking" or "me not efficient" - thats just an observation about a game(!) mechanic favoring people not gaming(!).
So hard to understand ?

o7
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-11-25 11:50:28 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
You think that's bad? You obviously haven't seen an enormous ore anomaly with 15 sieged Rorquals in them, all wielding 5 Excavator drones, completely ripping the belt apart. And all those 15 Rorqs are controlled by one person.

i heard something like that, thought it was a legend coming from the far DELVE, deep into New Eden Space...

WAIT goons have CAPS ShockedShockedShocked
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#16 - 2016-11-25 11:53:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Rob Six wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

As for CODE business, not as far as I know, if you don't like someone gathering resources ahead of you then you can war dec them or get friends together to gank them, or just get more efficient at gathering the resources.

Maybe you should do the calcualtion again with a harvester II and nearly maxed skills. Thats quite a lot when parking next the rock..

This is not about "me not liking" or "me not efficient" - thats just an observation about a game(!) mechanic favoring people not gaming(!).
So hard to understand ?

o7

Pop over to the AFK cloaky camping thread and make the same point please.

But parked next to the rock is important...

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#17 - 2016-11-25 12:01:41 UTC
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2016-11-25 12:05:30 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:

i heard something like that, thought it was a legend coming from the far DELVE, deep into New Eden Space...

WAIT goons have CAPS ShockedShockedShocked

No man, those are still trapped in 93PI.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#19 - 2016-11-25 12:10:15 UTC
Krima Sumyungi
Makavi Industries
#20 - 2016-11-25 12:31:06 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Meanwhile alpha clones stuck in a venture with two t1 turrets.

Alphas can use T2 mining lasers.
12Next page