These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

This free to play move is funny

First post
Author
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#161 - 2016-11-21 18:48:26 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
You can cry about it as much as you want, but you know what?

You can't quit anymore.. Haha

You can still biomass.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#162 - 2017-01-04 04:57:07 UTC
tiberiusric wrote:
Ccp was warned about they chose to ignore it. All thr alphas are not new playera just vets creatings lots of free alts and use to bump numbers and camp.gates etc. Real bad move imo was alphas

Yeah because by bumping numbers I get....uhhh...hmmm...oh yeah, nothing. Roll

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#163 - 2017-01-04 05:00:25 UTC
Brokk Witgenstein wrote:
Whoa. You sound mad.

Very mad.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2017-01-04 05:03:33 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Zoubidah Al-Kouffarde wrote:

Everyone that has played EvE and is not part of the 10k sadists and masochists sporting multiple accounts to either scam/gank/infiltrate/escape consequences or scout (masochists need to scout, to keep on playing the game instead of quitting it forever due to endless camping griefing), everyone not part of those circles quit the game because of your kind's toxicity..

Average number of accounts is about 1.5 per player (From a Twitter guess the number fun thing from the CCP stats department)
This means based on last financial report there are somewhere in the rough region of 250,000 players subscribed to EVE, and goodness knows how many more alpha's playing now. Your numbers might need a slight look at....

I don't think Zoubidah will be swayed by facts, logic, or anything really. Just a truly pathetic troll.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#165 - 2017-01-04 05:10:01 UTC
Suroh Kurvora wrote:
The gate camping and general griefing going on right now is massive and will serve to turn off new players it's pretty funny also the fact that you think having a free to play model that restricts options as heavily as yours does will work is mind boggling and no it won't encourage people to pay a subscription you may as well have just left it pay to play.

All you've managed to do as of now ccp is wreck our market and give the try hards a reason to log on during their non-prime time hours.

GG

Yeah...no.

The only people who have looked at this in any meaningful way--i.e. with data--is CCP and t he results of that analysis says, "No, just the opposite."

That is why one does empirical work, to make sure that one's intuition does not lead on astray.

Jotunspor
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#166 - 2017-01-04 06:43:27 UTC
Why was this thread resurrected? At least start a new one. FFS.
Omar Alharazaad
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#167 - 2017-01-04 06:57:52 UTC
Hm. Well, this has been an interesting read at least.
Anything that gets this many peeps flinging muck this savagely generally tends to be worthy of attention.
I think I may have to start an alpha account and test some thingy bits out.
I keep hearing about how bad they are, yet I have a strange feeling that I could squeeze some decent isk and shiny kills out of a t1 Incursus pilot.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2017-01-04 07:25:30 UTC
Siigari Kitawa wrote:
When a blob of tech 1 fitted players blow up your souped up tech 2 boat you might change your mind.

Couple of days ago someone was talking in local about a gate camp in the neighboring system. I told them all to jump into rookie ships and fit them with scrams and zerg rush them. I don't think they did but it would have been funny.