These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Loki ** How do you fly it solo **

Author
LaurencecC DiNardo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-01-13 18:52:07 UTC
I Created this post for the sake I have seen and read one too many millions of loki solo fits, and they have all blended together. I personally use it for wh/null exploration. Fit

LOKI
4x 425 Auto II
1x Covert Cloak
1x Sisters Expanded

1x Invul II
2x RF LSE II
1x DG Warp Disruptor
1x 10MN Federation AB

1x TE II
1x GYRO
1x DCU II

Interdiction Nullifier
Power Grid
Adaptive Shield
Covert
*and the last subsystem to decrease probe cpu and pg cost

I sit at about 20 - 25 KM, orbiting. I use as a typical kite system.

I understand the tank is basic the dps is basic, but the exploration resources and still having the opportunity to pop a lone eve player in a wh or take on a DED/SIG is the point of the ship.

1. What would you change?
2. How would you fly it different?

**PLEASE POST YOUR OWN LOKI FITS WHY YOU FIT IT THAT WAY AND HOW YOU FLY THE SHIP.**
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#2 - 2012-01-13 20:06:03 UTC
I've never flown a Loki for combat, but personally I'm not sure how I like all these AB fits on T3's for "soloing". I think many of the vids you see of guys using ABing Tengus for example are flying with Snakes in their head & certainly with Loki Booster alts.

With no webs I just don't see how a AB fit would stay away from anything with a MWD. I understand the T3's get a boost for the AB but unless I'm wrong I don't think it's enough boost to out pace a MWD BC if you aren't running pirate implants and being boosted.

Kate Lockwell
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#3 - 2012-01-13 20:34:22 UTC
you're gonna need a MWD or a 100mn ab to kite someone.
CausticS0da
Shrubbery Acquisitions
Blohm and Voss Shipyards Alliance
#4 - 2012-01-14 08:08:04 UTC
Sorry that's a bad fit. No dps, no speed etc etc. Armor tank it with web subsystem IMO.
LaurencecC DiNardo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-01-14 15:38:41 UTC
I am using it to explore wh's and make it through the treachery of null. I understand its basically impossible to fit for dps or tank when fitting a probe nullifier and cloak, but if theres any changes that I can make and still keep the exploration aspect of the fit, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Pinaculus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-01-14 15:52:43 UTC
I think most people use alts for all the not-fighting stuff, so their main can do the sites faster.

I know sometimes it's difficult to realize just how much you spend on incidental things each month or year, but seriously, EVE is very cheap entertainment compared to most things... If you are a smoker, smoke one less pack a week and pay for EVE, with money left over to pick up a cheap bundle of flowers for the EVE widow upstairs.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-01-14 15:54:20 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
The fit you posted has an interdiction nullifier, a covops cloak, and a probe launcher. As such your best targets are mission runners, plexers, and WH residents in that order. For mission runners, go into npc null, probe them out and gank them. A cloaky loki can put out around 400dps which is plenty for ganking a mission runner thats being webbed down and taking extra damage from 2 or more BS size rats. Same thing applies to plexers.

Soloing WH's with that fit could quite possibly be harder because sleepers will rotate targets and some of them will target you when you decloak to gank someone. Moreover, WH residents are typically fit for 600-800dps omni tank + buffer so you wont be able to kill one solo unless sleepers are shooting at them as well, and then the sleepers might kill you faster than you kill your target. Your best bet with that fit would be to take out the noctis they send in afterwords to salvage the site (most WH cash comes from salvage) or to gank miners in the grav sites.

The fit itself isn't that bad, you just have to understand what targets you should be selecting. The greatest advantage of any cloaky is the ability to choose your fights.
LaurencecC DiNardo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-01-14 16:05:56 UTC
Thank you very much Mr Potatoe, I never thought about hitting up npc null mission runners. in null arent all missions lvl 5. wouldnt there always be more than one person and wouldnt they be tanked to the nines. What is a good null solar system to start in finding missioners.

Thank u very much for your info.
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-01-14 18:52:34 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
Nullsec Missions are just like lowsec or hisec missions, most people run level 4 missions, some few do level 5 missions and some people are in the process of grinding standings if they just moved to a new area of npc null. Just like mission runners in empire, most mission runners in null try to fit the minimum necessary tank for the given mission and maximize their dps. Higher DPS = faster mission time = more isk per hour.

No one wants to spend an hour doing a single mission in an overtanked ship, otherwise all of NPC null would be full of overtanked drakes. Your typical mission running tengu, for example, will rely heavily on sig radius tanking (by virtue of being a cruiser). It will have a fit along these lines:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/34086-Tengu-PvE-Minimum-Spec.html

Which is a 400dps tank against everything except guristas. If you web said tengu, their speed goes down, their sig radius tank becomes worthless against rats that have turrets, as a stationary or near stationary target will take near full damage from turrets regardless of sig. So figure at least 400 dps from rats due to your web and add your own 400 dps and you have one dead tengu.
So you can in fact kill mission runners of all sorts with relatively low dps.

As to your next question, which npc system is good for killing mission runners? Easiest way to answer that is with dotlan.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/

Click on a region and then filter by npc kills or npc kills(24hr). This will indicate systems that have a large amount of pve going on by highlighting which systems have the most npc kills and displaying the number of npc kills per system. You can also check if a space is npc nullsec or sov space by using the sovereignty filter. Using the stain region as an example, filtering by sov shows that the entire region belongs to sansha which is an npc faction.

A brief and incomplete list of regions of npc 0.0 that have mission runners:
Stain (Sansha)
Venal (Guristas)
Curse (Angel Cartel)
Syndicate (Intaki Syndicate)
Pure Blind (Mordu's Legion and Sisters of Eve)

It is also important to remember that many mission runners fit rat-specific tanks i.e. a missioner in stain will definitely have high em/thermal resists and as such it is unwise to use em/thermal ammo against them. If I were to recommend a region it would be stain; of the regions listed it is the most active in terms of PvE.

Its also important to remember that mission runners in npc null will have friends/defense fleets up so some prior pvp experience would serve you well in preventing the loss of your expensive T3 solo ship.
A'Brantox Foson
A'Brantox Foson Corporation
#10 - 2012-01-14 19:33:34 UTC  |  Edited by: A'Brantox Foson
Hey Laurence, long time no see.

This wat i use to probe down sites in lowsec.

[L[Loki, New Setup 1]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II
Shadow Serpentis 10MN MicroWarpdrive
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Warp Disruptor II

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe I

Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defence Field Extender II

Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Loki Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer
Loki Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Loki Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

382dps
1476m/s
5.1s align time 7.2sec w/ MWD on

Also is pvp fit in case u find something to kill. Warp out if your tank begins to break, which should be no problem if the loot is awesome.
Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-01-16 10:45:27 UTC
The only ships you're going to be able to pop in a wormhole with that thing are haulers and miners, and haulers. (and maybe scan-ships)

You have a weak buffer, so can't run any sites
You have a weak buffer, so would have to speed tank a bit
You have a wear speed tank, so would have to slow your target down (using loki like rapier)
You have no webs, so would have to do some serious DPS
You have minimal DPS, so you'll need friends, but you want to fly it solo.

Basically you have a really expensive scan ship.

I would change... ship type.
As much as I actually hate myself for saying this.

If you want to do exploration (scanning sites / running them) and you want to PvP, you should use a tengu.
If you're looking to do 1v1s usually a local tank works better than a buffer.

Good luck though, sincerly.
Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥
LaurencecC DiNardo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-01-19 01:14:24 UTC
Thank you all for your info. much appreciated.