These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Linux

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Steam status

Author
SCV'Argos
TheMurk
#1 - 2016-11-18 19:08:47 UTC  |  Edited by: SCV'Argos
When I start either eve launcher or eve itself it doesn't reflect on the steam status.

Not so long ago, I think it was October, steam was showing if I was playing Eve. Currently it doesn't.
steam_appid.txt with 8500 written in it is present in both .eve folder and in .eve/launcher
Neuntausend
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2016-11-18 19:18:49 UTC
If you just want it to show that you are playing Eve, you might be able to achieve that by adding the launcher as a non-steam game.
SCV'Argos
TheMurk
#3 - 2016-11-19 05:30:33 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
If you just want it to show that you are playing Eve, you might be able to achieve that by adding the launcher as a non-steam game.

I want it to count played hours.
SCV'Argos
TheMurk
#4 - 2016-11-20 21:06:51 UTC
Bumpie.
Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2016-11-20 22:02:13 UTC
SCV'Argos wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:

You can see played hours over the API.
SCV'Argos
TheMurk
#6 - 2016-11-21 03:20:34 UTC
Mister Ripley wrote:
SCV'Argos wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:

You can see played hours over the API.

I have eve on my steam account, I have appid file in eve directories, when I start eve steam doesn't show it and doesn't count hours ---->> bug.
It was working properly, not long ago.
Ray Nagareboshi
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-11-21 19:04:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Ray Nagareboshi
The 'steam_appid.txt' has to be in the evelaucher folder and the Steam must be already running
SCV'Argos
TheMurk
#8 - 2016-11-21 21:23:31 UTC  |  Edited by: SCV'Argos
Ray Nagareboshi wrote:
The 'steam_appid.txt' has to be in the evelaucher folder and the Steam must be already running

I didn't notice this folder with symlinks. Previously appid was located in .eve/launcher and it worked.

Thank you!! Smile