These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Easiest/fastest way to calculate price per volume of ore ?

Author
Dota Locke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-11-16 18:57:29 UTC
So say you are in a 1.0 sec system and want to go mining for whatever is currently most profitable (defined as highest buy order per volume of ore). You could use the built in calculator and notepad to do it by hand like such:

(highest per unit buy order of Veldspar) / 0.1 = result1
(highest per unit buy order of Concentrated Veldspar) / 0.1 = result2
(highest per unit buy order of Dense Veldspar) / 0.1 = result3
(highest per unit buy order of Scordite) / 0.15 = result4
(highest per unit buy order of Condensed Scordite) / 0.15 = result5
(highest per unit buy order of Massive Scordite) / 0.15 = result6

Is this already calculated somewhere ? Or is there a macro or automated way to figure this out ?

Also assume we are only constraining buy orders to whatever is currently reachable from your current system, no jumps needed.
Bemo
Narcosis.
#2 - 2016-11-16 19:28:58 UTC
Dota Locke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-11-16 19:43:45 UTC
Bemo wrote:
http://ore.cerlestes.de/#site:ore

That's not what I am looking for.

Taking a look at the exported text files, I could click on each ore in question and export to file and then have a program on my system parse them and spit out the right answer but I am not sure how easy that would be to make or use.
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-11-16 19:48:59 UTC
EVE ISK Per Hour (app thread further down this forum), the mining tab
Dota Locke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-11-17 01:01:09 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:

That's better but it looks like the prices are currently down and it doesn't get more advanced than generally what faction space you are in ? I think I will just make my own program/script when I get the time. Just didn't want to put forth the effort if someone already did it.
Nalha Saldana
The Vomit Comets
#6 - 2016-11-19 11:05:36 UTC
Musashi Date
#7 - 2016-11-19 15:59:59 UTC
Dota Locke wrote:
Elena Thiesant wrote:

That's better but it looks like the prices are currently down and it doesn't get more advanced than generally what faction space you are in ? I think I will just make my own program/script when I get the time. Just didn't want to put forth the effort if someone already did it.

Watch the volumes traded, if the speculators were correct about the recent mining changes, there will be an increase in volume as some miners just wanna dump their ores for some quick ISK.

Makes you wanna try to put up buy orders of the stuff and do compression/refining for more ISK...