These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Ascension - General feedback (PC)

First post First post
Author
Toippo Tokila
Feral Solutions Inc
#601 - 2016-11-18 13:57:42 UTC
Balabhadra Das wrote:
Toippo Tokila wrote:
Petition #309919

I have experienced loss of skills since Ascension.

For instance, I know for a fact that I have finished Torpedo 5, but now it shows that I only have Torpedo 4. I also suspect, but I’m less sure, that I have finished Covert Ops 5.

I have been away from the game for a while, and only logged in on this character now. Looking at the history, I can’t see any updated skills since October 3 in the history tab. The character has been active and has trained for the whole time I was gone.


Silly question. Are you and Alpha clone or an Omega clone currently?

If you are an Alpha skills are limited to race and very few level 5 skills.

However if you re-activate Omega state (sub) you get your skills back, they are just suspended during Alpha state.


I'm an Omega clone.
Balabhadra Das
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#602 - 2016-11-18 13:59:38 UTC
Toippo Tokila wrote:
Balabhadra Das wrote:
Toippo Tokila wrote:
Petition #309919

I have experienced loss of skills since Ascension.

For instance, I know for a fact that I have finished Torpedo 5, but now it shows that I only have Torpedo 4. I also suspect, but I’m less sure, that I have finished Covert Ops 5.

I have been away from the game for a while, and only logged in on this character now. Looking at the history, I can’t see any updated skills since October 3 in the history tab. The character has been active and has trained for the whole time I was gone.


Silly question. Are you and Alpha clone or an Omega clone currently?

If you are an Alpha skills are limited to race and very few level 5 skills.

However if you re-activate Omega state (sub) you get your skills back, they are just suspended during Alpha state.


I'm an Omega clone.



Ugh
Iwo Sh'ivah
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#603 - 2016-11-18 14:01:44 UTC
Voxinian wrote:
Jaxon Grylls wrote:


Everyone knows CCP are stubborn but I think that they might have a change of heart. They did after all change the "Docking request excepted" original offering to the correct pronunciation "Docking request accepted"

If more people had logged on to Sisi whilst Ascension was being tested CCP may have had more adverse comments about the new Aura. We did try and partly succeeded. Now Ascension is in the wild we'll see if the cries of anguish have any more effect.

Here's hoping they will.


I am personally surpised that the new voice made it through quality control (I asume it needs to be aproved first before it's added)... and I am even more surpised that if the new voice was available on the test server that the players didn't speak up about it (it's your fault too dear testers). This new voice could have been avoided, but nobody stepped on the brakes.



https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=496332&find=unread Roll
Crystalline Entity
Outdated Host Productions
Darwinism.
#604 - 2016-11-18 14:24:23 UTC
Actually quite like this patch.

Only relevant comment: I don't like the new requirements window much. Before it was obvious what skills needed training to what level... now it's a little more confusing I think.

We won't go back to the colour coding I get it.. but more visual clarity would be better.
msTokkoTai
Global Intelligence Agency
#605 - 2016-11-18 14:24:30 UTC
No more money for CCP until the original Aura’s voice is restored.
Balabhadra Das
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#606 - 2016-11-18 14:27:49 UTC
msTokkoTai wrote:
No more money for CCP


*Snip*

Because they will not restore the original.

They might improve the current one, but who knows?
Voxinian
#607 - 2016-11-18 14:33:10 UTC
Iwo Sh'ivah wrote:
Voxinian wrote:
Jaxon Grylls wrote:


Everyone knows CCP are stubborn but I think that they might have a change of heart. They did after all change the "Docking request excepted" original offering to the correct pronunciation "Docking request accepted"

If more people had logged on to Sisi whilst Ascension was being tested CCP may have had more adverse comments about the new Aura. We did try and partly succeeded. Now Ascension is in the wild we'll see if the cries of anguish have any more effect.

Here's hoping they will.


I am personally surpised that the new voice made it through quality control (I asume it needs to be aproved first before it's added)... and I am even more surpised that if the new voice was available on the test server that the players didn't speak up about it (it's your fault too dear testers). This new voice could have been avoided, but nobody stepped on the brakes.



https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=496332&find=unread Roll


I stand corrected. They added it dispite the testers feedback.
She11by
Big Boys Don't Cry
Kids With Guns Alliance
#608 - 2016-11-18 15:21:35 UTC
Jegug Gyohoe wrote:
Because the new voice of Aura was apparently dubbed by a duck, we want CCP propose an option to choose the original voice or the "ducky" one. Please bring back Aura's voice !

Save your ears ! Sign the petition !!


http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/make-auras-voice-greater-again


+1, Aura come back we got cookies
Julia Reave
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#609 - 2016-11-18 15:30:17 UTC
Gallente alphas can't train Defender Missiles I (which should be trainable by Gallente Alphas judging by Level I being represented by a small grey square), since they can't train Missile Launcher Operation II (only I), which is a prerequisite.

Caldari alphas do not have the issue, they can train Missile Launcher Operation V.

Haven't checked on the other races yet.
Balabhadra Das
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#610 - 2016-11-18 15:36:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Balabhadra Das
Julia Reave wrote:
Gallente alphas can't train Defender Missiles I (which should be trainable by Gallente Alphas judging by Level I being represented by a small grey square), since they can't train Missile Launcher Operation II (only I), which is a prerequisite.

Caldari alphas do not have the issue, they can train Missile Launcher Operation V.

Haven't checked on the other races yet.


https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

Gallente use Drones. Seems they do not have access to missiles past level 1.

"Gallente Drones 5 Drones"

"Gallente Missile Launcher Operation 1 Missiles"
Fault24x
9th Air Cavalry
#611 - 2016-11-18 15:52:27 UTC
Balabhadra Das wrote:
Quote:
Because the new voice of Aura was apparently dubbed by a duck, we want CCP propose an option to choose the original voice or the "ducky" one. Please bring back Aura's voice !

Save your ears ! Sign the petition !!


http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/make-auras-voice-greater-again


Well, I would sign that petition if you had not chose an petition site that requires a compulsory donation.

What?

^ This
Julia Reave
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#612 - 2016-11-18 16:05:05 UTC
Yoshi Ikuzo wrote:

Edwin Zavut wrote:
Or make possible to choose it.

Choice is never a bad thing.


Off-topic, but regarding choice always being good, this might be interesting: https://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice
Julia Reave
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#613 - 2016-11-18 16:19:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Julia Reave
Balabhadra Das wrote:
Julia Reave wrote:
Gallente alphas can't train Defender Missiles I (which should be trainable by Gallente Alphas judging by Level I being represented by a small grey square), since they can't train Missile Launcher Operation II (only I), which is a prerequisite.

Caldari alphas do not have the issue, they can train Missile Launcher Operation V.

Haven't checked on the other races yet.


https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

Gallente use Drones. Seems they do not have access to missiles past level 1.

"Gallente Drones 5 Drones"

"Gallente Missile Launcher Operation 1 Missiles"


Yeah, I get it.

It's just that Defender Missiles shows as "can train to I" going by the grey square for Level I, which might be a bit misleading, since you can't train the prerequisite.
Balabhadra Das
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#614 - 2016-11-18 17:24:30 UTC
Julia Reave wrote:
Balabhadra Das wrote:
Julia Reave wrote:
Gallente alphas can't train Defender Missiles I (which should be trainable by Gallente Alphas judging by Level I being represented by a small grey square), since they can't train Missile Launcher Operation II (only I), which is a prerequisite.

Caldari alphas do not have the issue, they can train Missile Launcher Operation V.

Haven't checked on the other races yet.


https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

Gallente use Drones. Seems they do not have access to missiles past level 1.

"Gallente Drones 5 Drones"

"Gallente Missile Launcher Operation 1 Missiles"


Yeah, I get it.

It's just that Defender Missiles shows as "can train to I" going by the grey square for Level I, which might be a bit misleading, since you can't train the prerequisite.



+1 For that. It has a "grey" "button" so I agree it is misleading, even if when you hover over it, it says "Omega status required".
Philippa Padecain
Feral Solutions Inc
#615 - 2016-11-18 18:20:02 UTC
I am unable to use a skill extractor on one of my characters.

I have 5.5m+ skillpoints. I am in a pod. I have cleared my skill queue. I have +4 implants but have Cybernetics 4 , and I have no clones elsewhere.

The error message I get is “The request for skill extraction failed verification. Please try again.”
Predator Ace
Temporary Insanity.
#616 - 2016-11-18 19:06:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Predator Ace
Hello everyone ! I was playing EVE Online from 2012-2014 years. And now thanks for this update, i have a chance to came back and play for free like a Alpha clone. Its very important to me to be able to play if, especially i cant buy plex, cuz i dont have enought of time to buy it(i play like 2 days per week). But CCP also gets profit of it, cuz Im increasing the online. I dont see any negetive sides of this update, and hope CCP will move in the same way, as they are moving now. So, thanks to CCP Games for this update, its just awesome on my think. Sorry for my english.
Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#617 - 2016-11-18 19:13:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Fer'isam K'ahn
Does anyone else see problems or has issues with this:
Skill requirements

I can rage every time I try to refit in space with what I have with me, hastily checking mods and throwing them on - and then noticing that I can't use them, because all the signal color warnings have been removed in favor of stupid blocks and some minute numbers in thin blue, Which tell you by the way how long you have to train the skill, if you had bought and injected it. Useless rubbish.

Please revert this to the old info, this helps nobody and reversing signal colors from warnings (into blue, which signifies Info) for the sake of omega 'advertisement' is dumb and the intent behind it despicable.

EvilEvilEvil !!! WE ARE ALREADY OMEGA; STOP THE FORCED ADVERTISEMENT ON US !!! EvilEvilEvil

Blue is soothing, yellow a warning, why am I stressed every time I open cargo,a canister or my inventory - like I am going to commit a crime ? How come I am supposed to relax when I need to consider fitting modules I don't have the skills for.

And btw. as you can see, the info icon also got removed... really clever. I know, right click still works, but that's an extra click thousands upon thousands of time.
Frances Voltaire
Eldorado Exhumers
#618 - 2016-11-18 19:27:13 UTC
Apparently you get a weapons timer when you boost.
While this makes sense for Shield Armor Info and Skirmish, but Mining Boosts?

Armor, Shield, Info and Skirmish boosts can be used to own advantage against others so it makes sense you get a weapon timer on these whether you do or do not attack another.

Mining Boosts can only be used for self while they can improve your ability to harvest ICE Rocks and Gas, they provide 0 combat advantage. There is no way to use them offensively against another player or even NPC. There does not seem to be a reason to have a weapons timer while boosting miners.

However, you can boost while in warp. Not sure what that will be used for.
msTokkoTai
Global Intelligence Agency
#619 - 2016-11-18 19:32:39 UTC
I wish I never knew the original Aura’s voice, because it makes me HATE THE NEW AURA’s VOICE.
Jaxon Grylls
Institute of Archaeology
#620 - 2016-11-18 20:15:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaxon Grylls
I've trawled through most of the posts on this thread but cannot find any mention of a change that is annoying me greatly.

In PI (always a clickfest) the build and scan buttons used to be at the top of the menu.. Now for reasons unknown they have been moved to the bottom. Apart from breaking my muscle memory the change means that the drop down menu appears above the buttons. Apart from making you traverse the whole of the menu in a direction contrary to the idea of a "drop down menu" it looks ugly and feels wrong.

It would really make sense to put those buttons back where they have always been at the top of the so called "drop down menu" so that it could actually drop down and then all you have to do is move down to the item of your choice.

Change is one thing but this just smacks of "change for change's sake" and turns a mundane operation into a horrible, uncomfortable mess.