These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What do you want in a CSM candidate?

First post First post
Author
Ivana Twinkle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2012-01-16 18:42:26 UTC
Osabojo wrote:
Ivana Twinkle wrote:
You'll need more spacelikes for that to happen.

hard to post while eating donge

ftfy
Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-01-16 18:47:39 UTC
i broke your like hymen
Osabojo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2012-01-16 18:50:34 UTC
Killstealing wrote:
i broke your like hymen

thx
Darius III
Interstellar eXodus
The Initiative.
#44 - 2012-01-18 06:22:29 UTC
I'd like to see someone who is knowledgeable about all areas of Eve. Someone with Hisec, Industrial, Low and nullsec experience. Someone who has done every job in Eve. Someone with hopefully over 10,000 kills on his toons. Someone who knows how to gank. Someone who understands there needs to be belance in the various occupations available to us in New Eden. Someone who kills Sansha Motherships and gets whole fleets of faction battleships killed. Someone who I know would continue to troll CCP.Someone who has been interviewed by ISD, EN24 and Eve Tribune. Someone who is Anti-Mittani. Someone who is in alliance that ends with Squad. Someone like me.....

Hmmm

Susie Chow
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-01-18 07:12:57 UTC
Darius III wrote:
I'd like to see someone who is knowledgeable about all areas of Eve. Someone with Hisec, Industrial, Low and nullsec experience. Someone who has done every job in Eve. Someone with hopefully over 10,000 kills on his toons. Someone who knows how to gank. Someone who understands there needs to be belance in the various occupations available to us in New Eden. Someone who kills Sansha Motherships and gets whole fleets of faction battleships killed. Someone who I know would continue to troll CCP.Someone who has been interviewed by ISD, EN24 and Eve Tribune. Someone who is Anti-Mittani. Someone who is in alliance that ends with Squad. Someone like me.....

I would settle for someone who writes coherently.
Visa Declined
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-01-18 14:27:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Visa Declined
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Joe D'Trader wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Hello, friends;

I have been thinking, with CSM season soon upon us, about what sort of qualities make a good elected representative.

To that end I thought I would poll the audience to see what issues the most vocal of you think are important. With respect to the fact that the most vocal of you are not necessarily the most numerous of you, I invite those readers whom usually do not post to reply with their own ideas for what they would like to see.

Please keep in mind that the CSM is not the development team, and that no candidate can in good faith run on a platform that promises specific changes. I am more interested in what opinions, what ideas, and what general principles you, the People, think are important in a person's character. I hope that this is a civil discussion we can have on these forums, particularly because it is the various alliances, coalitions and other organisations in EVE that shape the game content.

Are you running? And if you win will you serve?

Yes, and Yes. I meet all the requirements, and I can spare the time.

This is where Lyris's master plan of "being friendly to the eve-o pubbies" all comes to a head.

E: who didn't see this coming?
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-01-18 15:15:55 UTC
Visa Declined wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Joe D'Trader wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Hello, friends;

I have been thinking, with CSM season soon upon us, about what sort of qualities make a good elected representative.

To that end I thought I would poll the audience to see what issues the most vocal of you think are important. With respect to the fact that the most vocal of you are not necessarily the most numerous of you, I invite those readers whom usually do not post to reply with their own ideas for what they would like to see.

Please keep in mind that the CSM is not the development team, and that no candidate can in good faith run on a platform that promises specific changes. I am more interested in what opinions, what ideas, and what general principles you, the People, think are important in a person's character. I hope that this is a civil discussion we can have on these forums, particularly because it is the various alliances, coalitions and other organisations in EVE that shape the game content.

Are you running? And if you win will you serve?

Yes, and Yes. I meet all the requirements, and I can spare the time.

This is where Lyris's master plan of "being friendly to the eve-o pubbies" all comes to a head.

E: who didn't see this coming?

~puppetmasta~
~snypa~

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Visa Declined
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-01-18 15:20:58 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
[
~puppetmasta~
~snypa~

more like ~pubbiemasta~

also, you edited in that snype

also: kill yourself
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-01-18 15:26:50 UTC
Visa Declined wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:

~puppetmasta~
~snypa~

more like ~pubbiemasta~

If you keep following me around insulting me, people will begin to think that I'm genuinely disliked by my own alliance; or, they will begin to think that you're posting at me just so that I have a reason to increase my post count. If your actual goal is to discredit me in front of people on this very important Internet forum then I don't believe this is the best way for you to do it.

Visa Declined
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-01-18 18:41:28 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Visa Declined wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:

~puppetmasta~
~snypa~

more like ~pubbiemasta~

If you keep following me around insulting me, people will begin to think that I'm genuinely disliked by my own alliance; or, they will begin to think that you're posting at me just so that I have a reason to increase my post count. If your actual goal is to discredit me in front of people on this very important Internet forum then I don't believe this is the best way for you to do it.

Attention whores love to think they are being stalked don't they?... don't flatter yourself. As far as being disliked by your alliance, I don't have a problem telling you that you're shooting yourself in the foot with the pubby lovin' and "world of tomorrow" crap.

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#51 - 2012-01-18 18:47:55 UTC
Visa Declined wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Visa Declined wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:

~puppetmasta~
~snypa~

more like ~pubbiemasta~

Attention whores love to think they are being stalked don't they?... don't flatter yourself.

I don't have to imagine your posts.

Quote:
As far as being disliked by your alliance, I don't have a problem telling you that you're shooting yourself in the foot with the pubby lovin' and "world of tomorrow" crap.

I can't please everyone, and I'm not going to lose sleep over someone or a group of people disliking me because I am not engaging in a certain brand of scripted behavior over another.

Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2012-01-18 23:17:09 UTC
Visa Declined wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Visa Declined wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:

~puppetmasta~
~snypa~

more like ~pubbiemasta~

Attention whores love to think they are being stalked don't they?... don't flatter yourself. As far as being disliked by your alliance, I don't have a problem telling you that you're shooting yourself in the foot with the pubby lovin' and "world of tomorrow" crap.

why are you making a big deal over someones posting on the eve-o forums

god
Sephiroth Clone VII
Brothers of Tyr
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2012-01-18 23:44:20 UTC
Dank Man wrote:
The most important thing to me when picking a CSM leader is that they always represent the general community and are not biased toward their own ambitions and their close allies goals, but rather the greater eve communities goal of playing a fun game. That being said anyone who has ever been a part of goons would be the first thing that would remove them from my list of potential CSM members due to their shady history of scamming, botting, blobbing, and spamming local and forums to get their way. Not to mention the fact that every goon that has ever been part of the CSM has done very little to the game accept cry about things that affect them directly, TiDi make the game slower so EvE can fit their massive blobs into a system. Or cry about supers when people with more skillpoints, isk, and time playing the game start to beat them. Quoting the goon leaders ambitions as trying to make their opponents have a miserable time and not log on, along with them already stating that their goals as CSM will be to directly influence the game for their own gain should make other people question electing such members to the board as well, that is if you are not a part of their giant coalition.

Yea boo ho, the evil mittani and others made suggestions that eve online is not going to be world of super caps anymore.

Where as you, or BOB mk3 have many better ones right? That would really help the whole of eve, and not just a select few.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#54 - 2012-01-19 01:20:09 UTC
Dank Man wrote:
The most important thing to me when picking a CSM leader is that they always represent the general community and are not biased toward their own ambitions and their close allies goals, but rather the greater eve communities goal of playing a fun game. That being said anyone who has ever been a part of goons would be the first thing that would remove them from my list of potential CSM members due to their shady history of scamming, botting, blobbing, and spamming local and forums to get their way. Not to mention the fact that every goon that has ever been part of the CSM has done very little to the game accept cry about things that affect them directly, TiDi make the game slower so EvE can fit their massive blobs into a system. Or cry about supers when people with more skillpoints, isk, and time playing the game start to beat them. Quoting the goon leaders ambitions as trying to make their opponents have a miserable time and not log on, along with them already stating that their goals as CSM will be to directly influence the game for their own gain should make other people question electing such members to the board as well, that is if you are not a part of their giant coalition.

you'll find that the general eve community doesn't give a shit about supercaps, but nice try!

also the irony of a raiden member decrying botting is not lost on me, finfleet/x13 guys have been botting for years and you know it

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#55 - 2012-01-25 04:55:46 UTC
Lyris Nairn, sky captain of my heart!

Your marvelous goodposting has won this pubbies vote!

Unless of course there is a CSM hopeful that promises to fix lowsc so that I won't have to do nullsec couchsurfing.

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-01-25 05:46:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyris Nairn
Tallianna Avenkarde wrote:

Unless of course there is a CSM hopeful that promises to fix lowsc so that I won't have to do nullsec couchsurfing.

Anyone who promises to fix lowsec is lying, because that's not what the CSM does. The CSM is a sounding board, not a group of developers with the power to enact desired changes. What I can promise you is that I will advocate for lowsec to be improved and have its content iterated, because it is in a terrible state right now with nothing really going for it.

Kiran
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-01-25 18:42:02 UTC
I would like to see less null sec and sov holders on the CSM. At present its top heavy with the Null Bears and their bot loving.
Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#58 - 2012-01-25 23:00:45 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Tallianna Avenkarde wrote:

Anyone who promises to fix lowsec is lying, because that's not what the CSM does. The CSM is a sounding board, not a group of developers with the power to enact desired changes. What I can promise you is that I will advocate for lowsec to be improved and have its content iterated, because it is in a terrible state right now with nothing really going for it.

Close enough ;)

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

WarFireV
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2012-01-26 07:01:07 UTC
I want a tengu in ever hanger and a nyx on every account!
Hemmo Paskiainen
#60 - 2012-01-26 09:26:20 UTC
Me & friends (about 40 votes) will vote on the one who is stong believer in the Black Op buff

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?