These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Got a bounty on your head? Want it for yourself? READ!

Author
Arnogh Weristrighis
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-11-18 00:58:38 UTC
Wasn't sure where to put this, so mods, feel free to move it.

=========================
OK: Here we go. So you've got a bounty on your head. Probably big one. But you really want it for yourself and blowing yourself up doesn't work... Hm.

Here it is where I come in. What I propose is simple.

You show up in a specified place in a **** ship and let me blow yourself up. Everything coordinated via in-game conversation. Then, after I collect the bounty, I send you 75% of it back, while keeping 25% for myself.

FAQ:

Q: How do I know it's not a scam and you won't keep whole money for yourself?
A: Two words: You don't. But I have a reputation to build and then maintain. Besides, 25% of few billion ISK is still a big amount and I will be satisfied with that.

Q: How money will be send?
A: It will be sent via Give Money functionality.

Q: What constitutes a "**** ship"?
A: Basically the worst ship you can get, worst armor, worst anything so it would go down fast even with Velator.

Q: OK, let's say I'm interested... Where we should meet for it and when?
A: I'm usually online between 19:00 (7PM) CEST and 04:00 (4am) CEST. As to where, it depends, but mostly in high sec (0.8-1.0 rating). Preferably near Alentene.

============================
Again, wasn't sure where to put it, so mods, feel free to move it where it's appropriate.
Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#2 - 2016-11-18 01:00:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Rin Vocaloid2
Isn't the Velator a rookie ship? I thought those weren't counted in the bounty system.

EDIT: Even if it is counted, you can only earn 20% of the value of the target ship destroyed. So you will have to keep destroying a **** ton of the cheapest ship possible just to clear the bounty and however much you earn as the player getting the bounty payment will likely result in a net loss anyways for the affected player even if you were as generous as you claim to be.
Paranoid Loyd
#3 - 2016-11-18 01:01:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Lol, what is 25% of 20% of the value of a velator? What waste of time.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

AnzacPaul
Tactically Challenged
Tactical Supremacy
#4 - 2016-11-18 01:03:33 UTC
Guessing OP doesn't know how the bounty system works anymore.
Arnogh Weristrighis
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-11-18 01:04:44 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Lol, what is the 20% of the value of a velator? What waste of time.

You read that wrong.

Let's say you have 100 billion ISK bounty on your head. You and me meet, you're in the worst ship you can get. You let me blow yourself up, then I collect the bounty and send you 75% of it (75 billion ISK), while keeping remaining 25% for myself. Ship value has nothing to do with it.
Paranoid Loyd
#6 - 2016-11-18 01:07:04 UTC
Arnogh Weristrighis wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Lol, what is the 20% of the value of a velator? What waste of time.

You read that wrong.

Let's say you have 100 billion ISK bounty on your head. You and me meet, you're in the worst ship you can get. You let me blow yourself up, then I collect the bounty and send you 75% of it (75 billion ISK), while keeping remaining 25% for myself. Ship value has nothing to do with it.

Um yeah

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2016-11-18 01:08:00 UTC
Bounty payout is a fraction of the hull value.

Hull value of the Velator is... 30k?

A signature :o

Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#8 - 2016-11-18 01:09:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Rin Vocaloid2
Source:
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Bounty_Hunting_System

PS: When was the last time you dealt with bounty hunting? Ever since the Retribution Expansion, the bounty system has completely changed.
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#9 - 2016-11-18 01:09:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
You do realize that you do not get the full bounty paid out, unless the ship you kill is worth 4 5 times the full bounty, right? Otherwise people would just do what you are proposing themselves with an alt, and get rich off their own bounties.

So, to get rid of a 100B bounty on one of your customers, you'd have to waste 4 5 (probably more because insurance and stuff, dunno for sure) Titans, or otherwise 500B worth of ships with your velator to get rid of it.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#10 - 2016-11-18 01:20:10 UTC
I can't tell if you're trolling, but someone once told me to always bet on stupid so I'm going to go with "no".

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#11 - 2016-11-18 01:24:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Rin Vocaloid2
So I did some math.

Eve-Central Market on Velators
https://eve-central.com/home/quicklook.html?typeid=606&setorder=price&setdir=1

Assuming the player with the bounty has 100 billion ISK on their head and that player is losing nothing but Velators currently selling for ~70,000 ISK in Jita, that means that the hunter killing the player with the bounty will only earn 14,000 ISK for the destruction of that ship (70,000 ISK x 20% = 14,000 ISK).

That player will have to lose 7,142,857 (rounded to the nearest whole number) Velators just to clear the bounty. And since the Velator currently costs ~70,000 ISK per ship, that would total to ~500 billion ISK spent just to clear a 100 billion ISK bounty.

Yeah, I think I'll pass on that offer.

PS: (100 billion ISK divided by 14,000 ISK equals 7,142,857)

PPS: I just remembered now that the Velator is a FREE ship that you can acquire by simply docking as a pod into a station that doesn't have any ship in the hangar. Even then, that target player has to sacrifice 7,142,857 velators. That's a **** ton of rookie ships to destroy. I'm also pretty certain that might send a red flag to CCP when they see a player losing an unusually high number of Velators in a very short time.
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#12 - 2016-11-18 01:37:50 UTC
Rin Vocaloid2 wrote:
So I did some math.

Assuming the player with the bounty has 100 billion ISK on their head and that player is losing nothing but Velators currently selling for ~70,000 ISK in Jita, that means that the hunter killing the player with the bounty will only earn 14,000 ISK for the destruction of that ship (70,000 ISK x 20% = 14,000 ISK).

That player will have to lose 7,142,857 (rounded to the nearest whole number) Velators just to clear the bounty. And since the Velator currently costs ~70,000 ISK per ship, that would total to ~500 billion ISK spent just to clear a 100 billion ISK bounty.

Actually, velators are free like any other rookie ship. Just dock in a pod on any station where you have no ships. In the scenario above, just kill the person on an NPC null station. They could wait, dock, and come out in a rookie ship. That said, I don't think rookie ships count and it's the to be it would take to do this that would kill the endeavour. Almost any activity could yield more isk per hour.
Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#13 - 2016-11-18 01:39:48 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Rin Vocaloid2 wrote:
So I did some math.

Actually, velators are free like any other rookie ship. Just dock in a pod on any station where you have no ships. In the scenario above, just kill the person on an NPC null station. They could wait, dock, and come out in a rookie ship. That said, I don't think rookie ships count and it's the to be it would take to do this that would kill the endeavour. Almost any activity could yield more isk per hour.

Thanks. I just updated my post. Lol
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#14 - 2016-11-18 01:45:28 UTC
Wasn't sure where to put this, so mods, feel free to move it.

=========================
OK: Here we go. So you've got a bounty on your head. Probably big one. But you really want it for yourself and blowing yourself up doesn't work... Hm.

Here it is where I come in. What I propose is simple.

You show up in a specified place in a **** ship and let me blow yourself up. Everything coordinated via in-game conversation. Then, after I collect the bounty, I send you 75% of it back, while keeping 25% for myself.

FAQ:

Q: How do I know it's not a scam and you won't keep whole money for yourself?
A: Two words: You don't. But I have a reputation to build and then maintain. Besides, 25% of few billion ISK is still a big amount and I will be satisfied with that.

Q: How money will be send?
A: It will be sent via Give Money functionality.

Q: What constitutes a "**** ship"?
A: Basically the worst ship you can get, worst armor, worst anything so it would go down fast even with Velator.

Q: OK, let's say I'm interested... Where we should meet for it and when?
A: I'm usually online between 19:00 (7PM) CEST and 04:00 (4am) CEST. As to where, it depends, but mostly in high sec (0.8-1.0 rating). Preferably near Alentene.

============================
Again, wasn't sure where to put it, so mods, feel free to move it where it's appropriate.

i think he means to use a velator to destroy the ship to get the bounty
Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#15 - 2016-11-18 01:48:20 UTC
Source:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-retribution-1

Looking at the patch notes from Retribution, it seems like the value of the Velator is included. Do a word search for "Bounty" and it will tell you...

* Bounty payout is now based on damage inflicted on the target. The payout is 20% of the loss value.
* Bounty is now claimed on anything that generates a Kill Report. This includes, ships, pods and structures.
* The bounty is paid to the character with the final blow, except when Concord has final blow or for self-destruct, in which case the bounty goes to highest damage dealer.
Dwai Attic
TheAtticKo
#16 - 2016-11-18 02:05:35 UTC
oiukhp Muvila
Doomheim
#17 - 2016-11-18 03:52:46 UTC  |  Edited by: oiukhp Muvila
Must be an Alpha Clone alt of someone who hasn't paid since 2k8.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#18 - 2016-11-18 04:09:01 UTC
But I have a reputation to build and then maintain.
Good job!

Who put the goat in there?

Imperator Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2016-11-18 04:30:54 UTC

As a dumbass.

Cannibal Kane was my Test Character.

Arcelian
Abditum Testa Societas
#20 - 2016-11-18 06:55:19 UTC
Imperator Kane wrote:

As a dumbass.

BAHAHAHA
12Next page