These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
 

EFT v2.35 - Citadel

Author
Phrynohyas Tig-Rah
Perkone
Caldari State
#3121 - 2016-11-17 13:57:02 UTC
TheSylance wrote:
The biggest difference between Ghost-Fitting and EFT (or other fitting tools) is that you can fit your ships offline, and that you can change skills, implants and boosters to see their effects.

Use PyFa or Osmium

EFT's dead (at least for me it is kinda useless after the T3D rebalance )
Crystalline Entity
Outdated Host Productions
Darwinism.
#3122 - 2016-11-17 18:50:45 UTC
any chance this is coming back? I like EFT :(

ghost fitting seem childishly dumbs
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#3123 - 2016-11-17 19:15:46 UTC
Crystalline Entity wrote:
any chance this is coming back? I like EFT :(

ghost fitting seem childishly dumbs


Well, yes, there's a chance. This isn't yet Gripen's longest absence. But it is getting a little worrisome.
Rimer Ashbringer
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3124 - 2016-11-17 20:57:25 UTC
There's some usefull things in EFT that lacks Ghost-fitting:
1) You can't see the effective repair amount (affected by you resistances and incoming damage types)
2) You can't change your skill levels, only use current ones
3) The search engine's a bit slow compared to EFT
4) You can't build DPS graphs(!!!!!!)
5) You even can't use it offline

That's why ghost fitting is almost useless for EFT warriors)
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3125 - 2016-11-18 05:26:40 UTC
When CCP announced ghost fitting, first thing I thought was "I hope they will use every bit of experience gained by people during EFT/PYFA development". About 2 years later, CCP release a tool which is pretty much inferior to those in every way, even lacking features they could've always blatantly copied from existing tools to make their own one not worse.

I'm afraid though that this is exactly what we all expected.
Ebag Trescientas
Black Serpent Technologies
The-Culture
#3126 - 2016-11-18 09:07:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Ebag Trescientas
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
When CCP announced ghost fitting, first thing I thought was "I hope they will use every bit of experience gained by people during EFT/PYFA development". About 2 years later, CCP release a tool which is pretty much inferior to those in every way, even lacking features they could've always blatantly copied from existing tools to make their own one not worse.

I'm afraid though that this is exactly what we all expected.


CCP never claimed that Ghost fitting would replace EFT/Pyfa/etc. Ghost fitting is an iteration on the previous fitting window. It's a massive improvement (especially in speed, <3 how fast it launches now) but it's not intended to replace 3rd party fitting tools.

The goal was to allow you to test fit modules and ships without owning them, and to simplify/streamline the whole process. And on that, it works wonderfully.

The problem with making Ghost fitting as complex as EFT/Pyfa is that EVE is complex enough for new players without throwing a massive wall of stats at them. A lot of new players feel like they're drowning under the relatively few stats they get in Ghost fitting, can you imagine how they'd feel if they were forced to use EFT/Pyfa?


Ghost fitting and 3rd party tools are complimentary to each other. Both have their place, and while there is certainly overlap between the two, there's also a good amount of things that makes each unique and useful.

As far as the 2 years goes, do you have any idea how difficult even a simple fitting engine is? If it were easy, I wouldn't be finding very simple and obvious bugs that have existed since Pyfa was first built years ago. That CCP could do something like Ghost fitting in 2 years (especially given that it wasn't 2 years of actual dedicated dev time, but a side project to all the other stuff they're working on) is frankly amazing.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

Ymiko Q
Perkone
Caldari State
#3127 - 2016-11-18 13:25:43 UTC
Once I thought up to go back! ETF died?! Gosh!
Any actual calculator anyway now it is possible to use or better noone?
Ebag Trescientas
Black Serpent Technologies
The-Culture
#3128 - 2016-11-18 15:46:29 UTC
Ymiko Q wrote:

Any actual calculator anyway now it is possible to use or better noone?


Pyfa is still being updated regularly.

Ascension patch hasn't hit Pyfa yet, but it's being worked on.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3129 - 2016-11-19 10:59:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Ebag Trescientas wrote:
The problem with making Ghost fitting as complex as EFT/Pyfa is that EVE is complex enough for new players without throwing a massive wall of stats at them. A lot of new players feel like they're drowning under the relatively few stats they get in Ghost fitting, can you imagine how they'd feel if they were forced to use EFT/Pyfa?

The way every newbean feels when they are told to download 50 third party tools since those CCP offers suck?

EFT and PYFA aren't more complex than in-game fitting window, especially since they are easier to use. You would never see those "tons of stats" unless you know what are you looking for exactly.

Please, don't assume that people are so braindead as to be unable to understand basic maths, such as fractions and proportions. Most of them went through RL education that is, for the most part, more complex than any video game out there, including EVE.

As to the fact that CCP did not intend to obsolete PYFA/EFT - I know that, but making inferior tool is a wasted effort IMO. Could as well do anything else. To most of us, including non-solitary newcomers, nothing has changed. We still have to use 3rd party tools.
LordInvisible
Super Villains
P I R A T
#3130 - 2016-11-21 08:08:20 UTC
I tedn to agree that CCP's man-hours could be used for something else then half-assed made functionality..
Doddy
Excidium.
#3131 - 2016-11-21 12:50:57 UTC
What you need to remember is the new ingame fitting tool was not planned for this release initially. They have rushed it to get it out early, which always a mistake. It essentially unfinished.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#3132 - 2016-11-21 14:49:23 UTC
Doddy wrote:
What you need to remember is the new ingame fitting tool was not planned for this release initially. They have rushed it to get it out early, which always a mistake. It essentially unfinished.

And so it will remain - Forever Unfinished

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Sable Blitzmann
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3133 - 2016-11-23 14:55:58 UTC
Just gonna throw this out here to the wolves. pyfa: Ascension release is in beta:

https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases/tag/preview_ascension

I've never advertised a pyfa link in this thread as I feel it's inappropriate - both are great tools that have similar functionality. However, as it seems that Gripen hasn't had the time or the interest to update EFT yet, hopefully pyfa can provide you with your theorycrafting needs until EFT is updated again. Just keep in mind this is still "beta" and some things don't work / aren't polished, yet. We always welcome contributions in the form of either bug/feature requests or pull requests :)
Mikolan Lutrova
E.C.H.O.
SPEC OP Privateers
#3134 - 2016-11-24 18:03:19 UTC
I was just looking at the ORCA in EFT and it isn't correct. If you are already aware and are on it! Thank you so much. If not, it is just another task on the list I am sure.
Poision Kevin
Burning Napalm
Northern Coalition.
#3135 - 2016-11-25 13:54:06 UTC
I got a functioning EFT version, missing AT ships and faction titans, but has all other things.

Up to date with latest patch.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#3136 - 2016-11-25 17:26:51 UTC
where? and Share it with the class please?
Serg Sinist
W-Space Pub
#3137 - 2016-11-26 19:36:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Serg Sinist
Poision Kevin wrote:
I got a functioning EFT version, missing AT ships and faction titans, but has all other things.

Up to date with latest patch.


You're takes a source code or disassemble and write new things?
Share EFT, please too.
egyhenger
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3138 - 2016-11-27 14:08:17 UTC
We need EFT to keep on going... Cry it's far more superior than any other fitting tool. No of them are so intuitive and easy to use than this... and what the hell am I gonna do at work without it? Ugh
Poision Kevin
Burning Napalm
Northern Coalition.
#3139 - 2016-11-27 15:43:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Poision Kevin
***DISCLAIMER***

Before downloading (Saying I did this right), I have scanned it with my antivirus, I can't obviously promise that's not the case so please for everyones safety have a antivirus on before downloading.

It is missing Alliance Tournament ships and Faction Titans and Supers.

Stacking links is possible in this version (Not ingame) So make sure that you don't mess that up or you'll get wrong information.

This isn't supposed to be continueous work, it's more like a one time thing, and I am not at all trying to steal/take credit for anything, rather than sharing with the community.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5uye27yswlla8p/EFT_Ascension_161122.zip?dl=0

Anything I should know about this sharing process let me know!

EDIT: It changes data files etc, I copied this right into my EFT folder and no characters or fits were deleted.
So extract it into EFT folder and replace all, is what worked for me!

EDIT2:
Damnation for max bonus one 3x armor and one 3x Info
Eos for 3x Skirmish
Vulture 3x Shield
You have to put them as projected effects

AGAIN, DO NOT STACK LINKS THEY GIVE FALSE VALUES.

EDIT3: Seems Rorqual only have 600M3 dronebay, in reality it has 6k Dronebay, keep this in mind! Other than that nothing else found yet.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#3140 - 2016-11-27 19:15:18 UTC
Poision Kevin wrote:
***DISCLAIMER***

Before downloading (Saying I did this right), I have scanned it with my antivirus, I can't obviously promise that's not the case so please for everyones safety have a antivirus on before downloading.

It is missing Alliance Tournament ships and Faction Titans and Supers.

Stacking links is possible in this version (Not ingame) So make sure that you don't mess that up or you'll get wrong information.

This isn't supposed to be continueous work, it's more like a one time thing, and I am not at all trying to steal/take credit for anything, rather than sharing with the community.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5uye27yswlla8p/EFT_Ascension_161122.zip?dl=0

Anything I should know about this sharing process let me know!

EDIT: It changes data files etc, I copied this right into my EFT folder and no characters or fits were deleted.
So extract it into EFT folder and replace all, is what worked for me!

EDIT2:
Damnation for max bonus one 3x armor and one 3x Info
Eos for 3x Skirmish
Vulture 3x Shield
You have to put them as projected effects

AGAIN, DO NOT STACK LINKS THEY GIVE FALSE VALUES.
Might want to change it to a public download. I had to log in to download it.

Thanks for sharing...

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.