These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Introducing EVE Portal: The EVE Online Mobile App

First post First post
Author
Nyx Viliana
Doomheim
#161 - 2016-11-10 20:15:59 UTC
Yes, lets make an app that completely voids the need to log in and actually play!
Anne' T'neal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#162 - 2016-11-11 13:58:36 UTC
So here is an odd issue. My device is an Samsung SM-G360P. Its an older phone but I have to use if for work related reasons. When I try to install the app, PlayStore tells me that my device is not compatible which would be fine. The issue is this, I also happen to have a T-mobile branded version of the same phone.

No carrier Samsung SM-G360P <-- Incompatible
T-Mobile - US Samsung SM-G360T1 <-- Compatible

Why cant I install this on the SM-G360P?
Nyx Viliana
Doomheim
#163 - 2016-11-11 23:09:12 UTC
Anne' T'neal wrote:
So here is an odd issue. My device is an Samsung SM-G360P. Its an older phone but I have to use if for work related reasons. When I try to install the app, PlayStore tells me that my device is not compatible which would be fine. The issue is this, I also happen to have a T-mobile branded version of the same phone.

Probabky diffrent OS.

Requires 5.0 or higher
Your other phone is probably like mine 4.x.x
Anne' T'neal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#164 - 2016-11-12 00:52:47 UTC
Nyx Viliana wrote:
Anne' T'neal wrote:

Probabky diffrent OS.

Requires 5.0 or higher

That would be it, but the one that is compatible with also is a 4.x version of android.

o7
Nyx Viliana
Doomheim
#165 - 2016-11-12 00:57:40 UTC
Anne' T'neal wrote:
Nyx Viliana wrote:
Anne' T'neal wrote:

Probabky diffrent OS.

Requires 5.0 or higher

That would be it, but the one that is compatible with also is a 4.x version of android.

o7

Very highly doubt that, it does not work with anything less than 5 :( - Other wise I wouldn't be so sad
Sirk Tivianne
Institute for Time Research
#166 - 2016-11-12 06:39:00 UTC
It's a bit limited in what it can do. I'll stil with Neocom for now, even though the UI doesn't look as slick.
Nyx Viliana
Doomheim
#167 - 2016-11-12 06:46:24 UTC
Is there any place we can go to see feature updates for the app like there is for eve online itself.
SysteMGhosT
GREENSPACE
#168 - 2016-11-12 20:01:44 UTC
Please add a section for the current clone, so we can review implants just like on the jump clones.
Dragos Ungur
Doomheim
#169 - 2016-11-13 15:33:13 UTC
I'm disappointed that you need at least Android 5 to run this app. Cry
Tamara Jade
Anonymous Four
#170 - 2016-11-14 04:28:43 UTC
I love this app. Great work for Beta.

I'm not sure if this is in the plans. Could you please add what character trained the skill in the notification. Also, when you click on the notification, could you have the app open up to that character.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#171 - 2016-11-14 06:59:34 UTC
A few things missing which are pretty basic functionality for an eve app:

1. What is the current eve time?
2. I can't click through to see a full list of skills in queue.
3. I can't browse my trained skills.
4. What is my current jump clone timer?
5. Ditto for jump fatigue.
6. Item browser would be really good to check ship attributes.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#172 - 2016-11-14 11:44:36 UTC
Can we please open the app with the char info page, and not the status page? and have the char page on autorefresh with an interval?

And please, can we set order notification based on isk value? I like to know if I have to replenish certain orders in hubs. Not my daily orders, but stuff like blocking orders that sell I want to know.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Timothy Arakeen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#173 - 2016-11-14 22:34:01 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
And what about Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile UWP?

And what about EVE Gate? You said that it would go away, being replaced with this App eventually. Is this still a thing? And if so, how are people supposed to access mail or profile customization (I still hate the Sansha forum background picture and change it to the Amarr Legion picture via EVE Gate because the forum profile does not allow customization, funny thing from the web guys, by the way. Roll) if you cannot have the app and the app does not support this kind of functionalities?

One thing though: The UI guys from EVE should take a lesson at your office. While both EVE and this app use the same crappy monochrome icons, in the App's UI you see which section/functionality is actually active because the icon changes color. Kudoz for that. Blink This should have been a thing for the actual EVE UI when they changed the icons. *adds another half finished feature to his personal list*

I'd love to port this to Windows Phone. Will you be making the source available?
Nyx Viliana
Doomheim
#174 - 2016-11-15 00:30:18 UTC
Timothy Arakeen wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
And what about Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile UWP?

And what about EVE Gate? You said that it would go away, being replaced with this App eventually. Is this still a thing? And if so, how are people supposed to access mail or profile customization (I still hate the Sansha forum background picture and change it to the Amarr Legion picture via EVE Gate because the forum profile does not allow customization, funny thing from the web guys, by the way. Roll) if you cannot have the app and the app does not support this kind of functionalities?

One thing though: The UI guys from EVE should take a lesson at your office. While both EVE and this app use the same crappy monochrome icons, in the App's UI you see which section/functionality is actually active because the icon changes color. Kudoz for that. Blink This should have been a thing for the actual EVE UI when they changed the icons. *adds another half finished feature to his personal list*

I'd love to port this to Windows Phone. Will you be making the source available?

Given that it is a beta I doubt that. They have however released information and documentation for all of the ESI endpoints you would need to make your own application. ESI INFO so maybe consider making your own.

PLEASE CCP release this app for Kit Kat :P

- Also cannot read or send mails to/from mailing lists, is this working as intended or something that is not in the initial beta release that will be added with time?
Erosian Aideron
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#175 - 2016-11-15 03:18:29 UTC
Desperately needs an "All Mail" group and to have groups for any mailing lists in the mail folder drop down menu.

Otherwise, it is not bad for a beta offering. There are some bugs and the memory usage is quite high for a mail/calendar app as many have already detailed.

I am glad to have an official companion app and look forward to watching it develop. Thanks CCP!
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#176 - 2016-11-16 02:59:09 UTC
Quick insignificant gripe brought about by the recent need to re-accept the EULA:

It's slightly annoying to have to log in, select a character, accept the EULA for the account, then reselect the character again rather than just having my prior choice load into the app.

Probably a non-issue overall since it only needs done once and further most will likely do it through the launcher rather than the app.
Ruthbar
Maglev Communication Corp
#177 - 2016-11-17 12:18:28 UTC
Hi,

I have had the App on my Nexus4 now for a while and every now and then I have a look. Especially if i get notified about something. I did notice a few things that I think could be improved or seem to be a bug.

1) One of my alts is in an Alliance that had ward declared upon, I can not find a notification for that in the App. Is that intended or a bug ? I have all options checked in activities, feed as well as push.

2) If i receive a notification at the top of the phone screen for a new eve mail, if I scroll the top down i see for example 'New Mail From XYZ' but touching that notification does not take me to said mail, only to the last screen i had open. That should be changed to take you to the relevant place the notification is intended for.

3) The mail function is missing all mailing lists, maybe I have just not found the right way to bring them up ?

4) I re-installed the App today cause of the last patch drama and the authentication mess I was unable to log in. Anyway, deleted App, reinstalled, added all my chars. Now I notice many show 'No skills in training' on the char selection screen yet in game they are..

As i said before, this should be really cool once less buggy and more features are added, keep going with this CCP.

Thanks for reading
Ruthbar
Carl Kowalski
Doomheim
#178 - 2016-11-17 13:12:52 UTC
Just checked the list of features ... and did not install. There's no need to buy plex on my side, and for everything else I use Evedroid on my Android device.

Dear devs, could you give me a short notice, when your new toy has at least this set of features? Or I am able to manipulate skill queue or write mail?

Looking for assignment: have missiles, will travel ...

Iced Mara
Witched Ones
#179 - 2016-11-17 13:57:39 UTC
PLEASE CCP release this app for Android 4.xx

Nefariam Primicerius
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#180 - 2016-11-17 15:15:00 UTC
EVERYTIME I log on to the APP it presents a login screen. I've logged in with a two factor sign in.
Present the character screen when I log in not another bloody login screen -5 stars