These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Training 2X faster than what?

First post First post
Author
Ruddger
Vande-lay Industries
#21 - 2016-11-15 21:57:06 UTC
Yeah this is just a marketing scam. scummy move in my opinion.
ImmortalWarHero 514NERC0
NECROM0NGERS
CONVERT OR DIE
#22 - 2016-11-15 22:03:27 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
You're annoyed because you didn't get more than what you had yesterday, for no reason at all?

You're a miner aren't you?

I woke up this morning and my bank account didn't magically have double the money it had yesterday.

Will the indignities never cease?!?

.... ive had that happen dont spend it because then u go negative money in what u spent when it dissapears... but i guess u got to keep what you bough sell it for more if u can trust u wont mess up account lol
Hello Meow Kitty
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2016-11-15 23:26:10 UTC
Amanda Chelian wrote:
Yup, it's the alphas that are running at half training speed. But "train skills at normal speed!" doesn't make for good marketing to get the Omega sub sold, hence the play with words.

MEOW ON CCP.
Kane Blacktyde
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#24 - 2016-11-16 05:47:08 UTC
The idea is that Alpha is the new baseline. Everything in the game is now from the point of view that most players started as Alphas and then later became Omegas. So for them the 2X training speed is true.

You see many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

They Obi-wan'ed us.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2016-11-16 06:40:25 UTC
Ruddger wrote:

Well... Western people got so used to it so they even see it as nice thing it seems Lol

I'm pretty sure many of them buy things with 'big discounts' even is at the end price appears higher than 'without discount'. Marketing, eh.... Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Daniel Jackson
Universal Exos
#26 - 2016-11-16 06:49:20 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Ruddger wrote:

Well... Western people got so used to it so they even see it as nice thing it seems Lol

I'm pretty sure many of them buy things with 'big discounts' even is at the end price appears higher than 'without discount'. Marketing, eh.... Cool

like jus recentely at the liqour store i work at i wwas told to price all 12 of the wine bottles we got a case of for $49.99 and then told to put a sale sticker on it saying its $19.99 under the first sticker right after i already priced them all
Luscius Uta
#27 - 2016-11-16 08:46:39 UTC
It reminds me of what some stores often do, at least where I live. They raise the price of an item (for no reason usually) and when they drop the price back to the initial value, they put a huge "discount" sign on it.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Presidente Gallente
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#28 - 2016-11-16 10:43:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Presidente Gallente
Ruddger wrote:

NO! To the ones who start EVE the first time with Alpha clones will be communicated that switching to Omega will speed up their skilling time two times. That's the marketing message to the NEW players.

So what kind of marketing scam are you talking about? You are playing EVE at Omega level and you are pissed now because you did not get the message right and you expected faster skilling? The EVE community is really hilarious.

My skills run as usual. Not faster. Not slower. Nothing has changed.
45thtiger 0109
Living Breathing Fuel Blocks
#29 - 2016-11-16 11:44:38 UTC
ISD Thalack wrote:
The phrasing might be a bit confusing, but it's as follows:

Alpha accounts train at half the speed of pre-Ascension skill training
Omega accounts train at double the speed of Alpha accounts

As such, Omega accounts train the exact same speed post-Ascension as pre-Ascension... Alpha accounts, will train at half speed.

Hope this clears things up!

Unless you have a +5 clone in your head that will train even faster lol

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2016-11-16 19:38:05 UTC
Presidente Gallente wrote:
My skills run as usual. Not faster. Not slower. Nothing has changed.

... except that you have sign 'training at 2x speed' now....

Imagine that your boss will say you: we are increasing your salary. And they they say (after you get your paycheck with 'nothing changed'): we just recruited some guy who will have lower salary than you. So your salary is now bigger! Attention

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Arronicus
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#31 - 2016-11-16 20:16:44 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Amanda Chelian wrote:
Yup, it's the alphas that are running at half training speed. But "train skills at normal speed!" doesn't make for good marketing to get the Omega sub sold, hence the play with words.

it would be cool if many players bug report this Lol
It says '2x' but my current speed is the same. Something is wrong....

Or make support team answering questions like this.

On the other hand CCP is already bad at fixing bugs and supporting customers What?

No, it would not be cool if anyone reported this. It's not a bug, and you'd be doing nothing but wasting peoples time that could be better spent handling real bugs. Bug reporting something because you don't like it is stupid
Caim Naberius
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2016-11-16 20:40:50 UTC
Im sold, i love drinking Diet Double Dew while training twice as fast.
Bibosikus
Aliastra
#33 - 2016-11-16 22:24:57 UTC
let me explain this for you. CCP has a set of marketing peons that were like hmmm if we call this never ending trial playing for free it sounds better. Just like saying if we call alphas training standard and omegas 2x it sounds better to the customer than alphas train at half speed. It's basic marketing and it's ****** and lacks honor. but hey hoe what ever keeps the $ rolling in.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Ravael
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2016-11-16 22:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Ravael
So, 2x is actually 2x 1/2, for not $15 but $14,95 a month.

Such speed, so cheap. lol

o7
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2016-11-17 01:32:58 UTC
They should have left the normal trial account training speed in tact. Trial accounts trained faster and had more options
dartata
Little Peoples Revolution
#36 - 2016-11-17 09:43:31 UTC
000Hunter000 wrote:
Apparently i seem to have missed the part in the patchnotes which states u can't login an Omega and an Alpha at the same time, so it's all pointless anyways Lol

So i paid for two accounts for years and years, now i want to activate my 2nd acount once more, but EVE won't let me?

LMFAO!!! This entire F2P thing is completely useless.Lol

Not exactly true.. you can load omega and alpha on same iP just not same pc. My son logged in his old account while I was 2 omega and got in fine
Zelman Axe
Asker Armed Aviation
#37 - 2016-11-17 10:00:48 UTC
The training queue view sucks to be honest why did you change something that didnt need fixing is there anyway to change it back to something more useable
Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2016-11-17 10:06:57 UTC
Saying that it's twice an alpha is wrong, though.
Because the skillpoint formula is based off subscribed players and has something to do with primary and secondary attribute.
So using a formula that's based for omegas you should say Alpha is 0.5(Formula Omega) and not Omega = 2(formula ALpha) because the formula Alpha is based off the Omega one (circular logic?)
So unless CCP retcons the formula saying Omegas train at 2x alpha speed and not Alpha is 0.5 Omega is just deceptive marketing.
Don Pera Saissore
#39 - 2016-11-17 11:12:08 UTC
You mean bullshit?
Lucy Lollipops
State War Academy
Caldari State
#40 - 2016-11-17 15:14:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucy Lollipops
It's new CCP marketing:

"Your wine has 2x alchool now! Enjoy!"

"But it's 5 years I drink wine when having lunch....and it seems the same wine I always drink"

"Yes, it is. But Alphas drink beer only!"