These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Can't Log On, Authenticator says "Cookies disabled"

First post
Author
Kellasana
FireStar Inc
#1 - 2016-11-15 18:52:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Kellasana
I can't get on my subbed account. I didn't have Two-factor enabled, but I got the codes anyways and that part worked....

then i get some BS message "Your browser cookies are disabled, please enable them for the best experience" and i can't continue. i get stuck on the damn launcher, because of something i didn't even turn on.

This REALLY needs to be fixed ASAP.

(and YES, my cookies are enabled in my browser. the damn launcher is just stupid.)
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2016-11-15 19:03:36 UTC
Run the launcher as administrator and report your findings.
Kellasana
FireStar Inc
#3 - 2016-11-15 19:05:01 UTC
how exactly do i do that?
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2016-11-15 19:05:51 UTC
Right click -> properties -> compatibility settings -> tick the "run as administrator" checkbox.
Lord of Men
De Mors Messorem
#5 - 2016-11-15 19:14:50 UTC
hey guys im not sure if you guys can help mee but im desperate to get ana answer and i dont know where else to go.
So as many of you know you need the verify your email and do tha whole 2 step crap unfortunately i dont have access to that email anymore becaue it was deleted. Now i have submitted a ticket and i keep getting the generic reply witht he bugs for the new update which does not help me at all at the end od tthe message it says to update my support ticket when i am obviuosly unable to log to the game what makes them think i can log on to the eve website since it rquieres the same thing to log on is there something or someone i should be contacting to maybe change and update the email they have on file any info would be gret please im desperate
Kellasana
FireStar Inc
#6 - 2016-11-15 19:23:42 UTC
still the same damn message

We have detected that your browser has cookies disabled. To provide the best experience on this site we use cookies. Please enable cookies in your browser and reload this page.

it's also saying the authenticator is enabled now. which it isn't.
Inir Ishtori
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-11-15 19:27:55 UTC
Try to login in the EVE account management through the website(=use the browser) once before you login in the launcher. I had the exact same issue and it helped.
Kellasana
FireStar Inc
#8 - 2016-11-15 19:29:18 UTC
Inir Ishtori wrote:
Try to login in the EVE account management through the website(=use the browser) once before you login in the launcher. I had the exact same issue and it helped.

I already have. it's done F-all.
Salu Kelmalu
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2016-11-15 19:32:54 UTC
My virus software was blocking cookies for some reason (bitdefender). Changing to a different virus software solved my issue. See if there is a 'smart cookie' setting or something and if so - turn it off.
I couldn't figure it out on bitdefender and so installed a new virus software. All went smoothly after this.
mkint
#10 - 2016-11-15 19:33:02 UTC
That was one of the failures of the launcher when I first tried it after DT. I used the launcher's refresh in the ≡ menu and it worked after that. The other failures were mostly to do with the email taking forever to even get sent and the like.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#11 - 2016-11-15 19:36:48 UTC
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#12 - 2016-11-15 19:45:44 UTC
If you need one on one help please file a support ticket. Please also report your issue in the dedicated issues thread for this expansion.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.