These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

EXTREMELY rude player base

Author
Dub Step
Death To Everyone But Us
#1 - 2012-01-18 20:02:49 UTC
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

I was greeted with the following type of comments...

"Dub Step SUXXXXXxxx11!!!!!"

"I hate Dub Step"

"LOL! nice moustache you ******* douchebag ************"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-01-18 20:06:33 UTC
Your Elvis hairdo and pr0n actor moustache are vaguely disturbing you must admit ...
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
BLACK-STAR
#3 - 2012-01-18 20:09:01 UTC
Here's a tissue.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#4 - 2012-01-18 20:09:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Dub Step wrote:
I was out roaming in 0.0 the other night and I am disgusted by the comments from people in local. I wasn't there to take over peoples space, I was there to engage in some PVP actions.

"I hate Dub Step"

I don't know what is wrong with people these days that they have to be so rude. Maybe they are frustrated at their failings in real life and therefore have to try and ruin somone elses day in a videogame.

I find it a bit lame that people sit down at their PC's on an evening to unwind... and then go raging at people in local for no dammned good reason (they also refused to fight me unless they horribly outnumbered me).Roll

As my boss at work 8 years ago said angrily..."there is NO such thing as Halllway Decorum anymore !"

Pretty much we are into the 3rd generation now being raised getting what they want, when they want, even making themselves seem as Fools, under the false illusion of 'winning' at something, where there is not even initial conflict.

This is a well-documented psych-pathological condition known as Infantilism.

Rampant, at least here in America.

And I guarantee you those dudes have not a CLUE what Dub-step is...........

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Revolution Rising
Last-Light Holdings
#5 - 2012-01-18 20:12:10 UTC
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

Who couldn't love the black elvis thing? Haters gonna hate!

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#6 - 2012-01-18 20:12:58 UTC
man you should see what kind of eve-mails "Jesus" gets...

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Boseo
Azure Horizon
#7 - 2012-01-18 20:13:54 UTC
you know them tramps that walk around shouting nonsense at everyone, but will mug you if there are a group of them?

its the same in eve, but with space ships, and people with money.. not tramps...

...laughing at tramps is wrong

Sorry but file “forumsig.GIF” is currently unavailable please come back later…… like in a year or so.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#8 - 2012-01-18 20:14:25 UTC
Wait until you see how rude players can really be when you bring stuff like this to EVE GD.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Random Majere
Rogue Fleet
#9 - 2012-01-18 20:14:29 UTC
Maybe Op suffered from intimidation at school.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#10 - 2012-01-18 20:17:01 UTC
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

And people want him 'to return' (ahem). HE would be SO thrown out and locked up as a FREAK now.......................

Sad world.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-01-18 20:23:38 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
Here's a tissue.

no thanks I already masturbated today

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-01-18 20:24:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
Dub Step wrote:

"I hate Dub Step"

This sounds terrible and I can understand why you are puzzled.
Sometimes the general tone in game is so obnoxious that a lot of us simply log out off eve and go to GD instead, where mature and cultivated people can discuss topics that are of general concern to the eve community in a respectful way.
May I ask if you got the pvp-action you were looking for in this system, maybe even with the very gentlemen that were badmouthing you?

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Wangston Hughes
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-01-18 20:26:38 UTC
**** you
z0de
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-01-18 20:27:02 UTC
Dub Step SUXXXXXxxx11!!!!!
cpu939
Eternal Darkness.
The Initiative.
#15 - 2012-01-18 20:27:51 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

And people want him 'to return' (ahem). HE would be SO thrown out and locked up as a FREAK now.......................

Sad world.

naa he would be in vagas doing night shows, all that free wine i woulf go he him
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#16 - 2012-01-18 20:29:09 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

Sad world.

Who would really want to be the leader of a group whose symbol was a effigy of yourself nailed to two pieces of wood?

Powerpulse
Goosefleet
Gooseflock Featheration
#17 - 2012-01-18 20:30:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Powerpulse
I think your going to find that in the fine game of Eve-Online ..text is a horrible way to communicate with no body language or tone of voice or anything like that to modify the meaning..

That being said text has a tendency to come off as being very harsh and in your face even though it may have been said in Jest.Also people like that they can say whatever they want no matter how rude crude or nasty it is via online.

Reason being..
They don't have to deal with the consequences of whatever the emotional outrage they have as far as damage or bitterness it
may cause to the other set of Online pixels they are venting on.
Also they may in of themselves be angry at how they are treated in game or in RL and do not have any other way to vent it ..Except on the person they want to make a victim.

CCP made a video with the lyrics of HTFU ( harden the **** up) this kind of showed a level of maturity some of them were at
far as some were concerned and some thought it i was legit.

Some people in Eve-online subscribe to that and enjoy causing chaos whatever and wherever.
I more enjoyed Hilmar eating crow after being told over and over by a very perceptive player base what was going on that
felt it was being betrayed and being made light of

Id suggest that if you are going to play Eve. please be prepared to use the block button.. Some people change the dynamics of
how they think and react due to it being a game.. Some people stay true to whatever values they hold in RL and don't change a
at all. Whatever you do.. DO NOT TAKE EVE-ONLINE PERSONALLY.. if you find yourself at that point LOG OFF>. go PLAY ANOTHER GAME.

And please remember.. Opnions are like buttholes.. WE all got im.. they all stink of bias. but some less then others.

Hey. have a great day :)
Powerpulse
Goosefleet
Gooseflock Featheration
#18 - 2012-01-18 20:34:47 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

Sad world.

Who would really want to be the leader of a group whose symbol was a effigy of yourself nailed to two pieces of wood?

Maybe its not that picture he uses.. Maybe its the Rock rolled back and Empty tomb?>
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#19 - 2012-01-18 20:37:01 UTC
Powerpulse wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

Sad world.

Maybe its not that picture he uses.. Maybe its the Rock rolled back and Empty tomb?>

I think that is the symbol for the Captain's Closet.

Korsiri
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-01-18 20:59:54 UTC
Powerpulse wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chribba wrote:

ROFL, thanks.

Sad world.

Man and for some reason now I have this image of Jesus getting rickrolled.....

Also, dub step rocks. At least the music does. The player may simply roll. I dunno.
123Next pageLast page