These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Skill Point Farming

Author
Jessy Pinktman
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-11-12 05:52:22 UTC
Hey all

So planning on doing some SP farming for injecting my main and selling for plexes.
What I have come up with so far:

Basically get a skill that takes 30 days roughly to complete (for monthly extracts).

So do you guys think the following is the best way of going about it:

Get char with +5 implants
Train Capital Remote Armor Repair Systems to LvL5 (easiest skill with train time multiplier 10 x )
Changed attributes to Intelligence and Memory for best time according to skill attributes I have chosen.
Wait and extract

Thats about enough for 4 extractors every month +-30 days far as I can figure and with the help of Evemon.

Thank you in advance for all advise and comments

Cheers
Jessy
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#2 - 2016-11-12 09:12:37 UTC
The math is not complicated. With +5 implants and optimal attribute map you train 2700 SP/hour or 1,944,000 SP/month (30 days) = 3.888 injectors/month. If it costs you a PLEX to train the character and a PLEX to buy the extractors your breakeven will be roughly 600 mil - which, not coincidentally, is where injectors are currently selling. It doesn't matter what skill you choose as long as it matches your attribute mapping.

If you have a fully trained character that is doing other profitable work - i.e. industry, you might as well use the queue you're paying for anyway to make injectors but I'm not sure it makes sense as a stand alone business any more.
Maizie Fields
Eden Ranch Injector Spa
#3 - 2016-11-12 16:51:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Maizie Fields
It is, indeed, as Do Little describes, a very efficient market. This is not a passive way to make ISK, there's not a lot of profit from sitting in Jita, churning injectors at market prices. As of this moment, a one month round trip in a passive effort would look like this:

Buy 1 PLEX at asked price: 1,225m
Buy 3.9 Extractors at asked price: 3.9 x 284m = 1,108m
Gross invested: 2,333m
Sell 3.9 Injectors at bid price: 3.9 x 618m x (1 - .01 sales tax) = 2,386m
Net profit margin: 53m

So, you're only making 53m per character per month, with a lot of risk placed on market prices at any given time, and it's not totally passive because you have to load up the toon once a month, buy the inputs, extract and sell the injectors, and reset the skill queue. Now, if you invest in multiple characters and work the markets for better PLEX purchase prices and Injector sales prices, it can start to get interesting Blink

Thinking of selling? Eden Ranch is now buying characters. Please contact me for an offer!

~

Maizie Fields, Chief Injection Officer

Diana Winter
Doomheim
#4 - 2016-11-17 14:01:26 UTC
Maizie Fields wrote:
It is, indeed, as Do Little describes, a very efficient market. This is not a passive way to make ISK, there's not a lot of profit from sitting in Jita, churning injectors at market prices. As of this moment, a one month round trip in a passive effort would look like this:

Buy 1 PLEX at asked price: 1,225m
Buy 3.9 Extractors at asked price: 3.9 x 284m = 1,108m
Gross invested: 2,333m
Sell 3.9 Injectors at bid price: 3.9 x 618m x (1 - .01 sales tax) = 2,386m
Net profit margin: 53m

So, you're only making 53m per character per month, with a lot of risk placed on market prices at any given time, and it's not totally passive because you have to load up the toon once a month, buy the inputs, extract and sell the injectors, and reset the skill queue. Now, if you invest in multiple characters and work the markets for better PLEX purchase prices and Injector sales prices, it can start to get interesting Blink

its seems you miss the main point, you are playing on a omega clone fore free.
March rabbit
Mosquito Squadron
The-Culture
#5 - 2016-11-21 09:42:48 UTC
Diana Winter wrote:
Maizie Fields wrote:
It is, indeed, as Do Little describes, a very efficient market. This is not a passive way to make ISK, there's not a lot of profit from sitting in Jita, churning injectors at market prices. As of this moment, a one month round trip in a passive effort would look like this:

Buy 1 PLEX at asked price: 1,225m
Buy 3.9 Extractors at asked price: 3.9 x 284m = 1,108m
Gross invested: 2,333m
Sell 3.9 Injectors at bid price: 3.9 x 618m x (1 - .01 sales tax) = 2,386m
Net profit margin: 53m

So, you're only making 53m per character per month, with a lot of risk placed on market prices at any given time, and it's not totally passive because you have to load up the toon once a month, buy the inputs, extract and sell the injectors, and reset the skill queue. Now, if you invest in multiple characters and work the markets for better PLEX purchase prices and Injector sales prices, it can start to get interesting Blink

its seems you miss the main point, you are playing on a omega clone fore free.


OP wrote:

So planning on doing some SP farming for injecting my main and selling for plexes.

You are wrong here

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

GeneralHalt
Aviator Glasses Badasses
Almost Awesome.
#6 - 2016-11-28 21:46:15 UTC
how can you buy .9 of a extractor.. lol .. lets do real math there you would have to buy 4.
Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#7 - 2016-11-29 09:42:25 UTC
GeneralHalt wrote:
how can you buy .9 of a extractor.. lol .. lets do real math there you would have to buy 4.

If you're getting 1,944,000 SP a month then how are you going to use 4 extractors?
Xioden Acap
Worthless Carebears
Solyaris Chtonium
#8 - 2016-12-02 01:51:48 UTC
Aptenodytes wrote:
GeneralHalt wrote:
how can you buy .9 of a extractor.. lol .. lets do real math there you would have to buy 4.

If you're getting 1,944,000 SP a month then how are you going to use 4 extractors?


It's being standardized to a 30 day period. That's why we're comparing 3.9 extractors/injectors and 1,944,000 SP and not 4 extractors/injectors and 2,000,000 SP.
Maizie Fields
Eden Ranch Injector Spa
#9 - 2016-12-02 02:42:37 UTC
Xioden Acap wrote:
Aptenodytes wrote:
GeneralHalt wrote:
how can you buy .9 of a extractor.. lol .. lets do real math there you would have to buy 4.

If you're getting 1,944,000 SP a month then how are you going to use 4 extractors?


It's being standardized to a 30 day period. That's why we're comparing 3.9 extractors/injectors and 1,944,000 SP and not 4 extractors/injectors and 2,000,000 SP.

Precisely.

At the end of the day, it's all about the PLEX... the gold standard of EVE... which represents one month of gameplay. And processes like SP farming tend to migrate to monthly cycles regardless.

In practice, over the course of a year, you can pull 46 injectors out of a harvestable toon, with a few SP left over. For a given toon, a farming operation using a monthly cycle will extract only 3 injectors once every 6 months, carrying the unextracted SP forward to cover the slight SP shortfalls of the following 5 months.





Thinking of selling? Eden Ranch is now buying characters. Please contact me for an offer!

~

Maizie Fields, Chief Injection Officer