These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Why are Excavator Drones only available via BPC from ORE LP Store?

Author
Jonathon Silence
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-11-11 23:50:05 UTC
So I have been onto the test server and the Excavator drones (both types) are available from the ORE LP Store for 80,000LP and 60,000,000ISK for a 5 run copy.

Excavators appear to be a faction item that requires a stupid a amount of different items (Tech 2 items, Drone items, Minerals, Tech 2 components).

So you introduce the new revamped Rorqual and tell us about how much it is going to mine with Excavator Drones in Industrial mode and then only make the Excavator Drones available via BPC?

Does this mean that there will be no BPO's? If so please convert all fighters to be only available via BPC from the Empire faction Navies. It is the same idea. The Excavator are the primary mining system for the ship and are not going to be generally available
Piugattuk
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#2 - 2016-11-12 00:37:07 UTC
If you are using excavators then you are most definitely a Rorqual pilot which also means you are probably 99.999999% in a Corp obviously in an area where the excavators can be used effectively with all the riches of that security space.

Now, with the backing of a powerful Corp and the resources available the "cost" of the drones is just a small expense as 60 million is chimp change to anyone flying a Rorqual.


They are not meant to be used or built by your average high sec player, they are for the big dogs in major corporations doing projects on a large scale.
Bibosikus
Aliastra
#3 - 2016-11-12 01:50:50 UTC
HAHAHHA no suck it that your super op rorqual has to actually put something worth isk in danger. also gonna camp the hell out of those 2 good ore npc station systems

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Iain Cariaba
#4 - 2016-11-12 01:51:44 UTC
60 mil for a 5 run copy? You'll make that back in 15-20 minutes with a Rorqual, so what's the problem?
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-11-12 02:13:03 UTC
Jonathon Silence wrote:
Does this mean that there will be no BPO's? If so please convert all fighters to be only available via BPC from the Empire faction Navies. It is the same idea.

So your Carebear mind jumped from "I don't have" straight to "CCP take away from PvP too"

Typical. I hope your Rorqual and all drones die in a blaze of new explosion animations in its first outing from a POS shield.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#6 - 2016-11-12 02:28:45 UTC
Actually hes got something with the fighter bpcs to empire faction navies actually. Keep the bpos where they are but faction could go to faction LP stores. Augmented and Faction variants specifically if and when CCP would like to put them in. Or Faction to FW LP stores and Augs to concord or something similar to go with the current lines for drones.


Other than that Ill go eat some cheese with the whine.Twisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Memphis Baas
#7 - 2016-11-12 02:35:17 UTC
He's probably not complaining about the ISK cost; he's complaining about the LP cost. Not everyone has 80,000 SoE LP laying around; 80,000 is a bit of a grind to get.

BPC's are fine, limited to SoE LP store is fine, but how about making the BPC cost (60 + 80) = 140 million ISK and no LP.
Jonathon Silence
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2016-11-12 06:23:05 UTC
Piugattuk wrote:
If you are using excavators then you are most definitely a Rorqual pilot which also means you are probably 99.999999% in a Corp obviously in an area where the excavators can be used effectively with all the riches of that security space.

Now, with the backing of a powerful Corp and the resources available the "cost" of the drones is just a small expense as 60 million is chimp change to anyone flying a Rorqual.


They are not meant to be used or built by your average high sec player, they are for the big dogs in major corporations doing projects on a large scale.



Don't care about the cost, you are right I will make that back in no time, what I care about is the fact that to equip my one of my ships with what has been 'described' as a standard module for it I have to run missions, for ORE which is on the other side of the galaxy or run incursions, which are mostly active in Empire (well the incursion fleets that run them). I live in 0.0 when do I have time to run missions or go chasing Incursions round the galaxy.

What I was trying to point out was that how would you react to CCP Releasing a new carrier but making the fighters that it uses only available by running Interbus missions for LP to buy the BPC off the LP Store. You would be complaining in what by this stage would be 50 page thread.

I am not even objecting to the fact that ORE has the 'best Mining Drones', that is as it should be. What I am complaining about is the fact that there are no alternatives.

These should follow the same tech tree as most other things.

Excavator Mining Drone I - With BPO from the Market
Excavator Mining Drone II - invented via usual manner
'Augmented' Excavator Mining Drone I - BPC Drop from the new Mining Op's
ORE Excavator Mining Drone I - BPC from the ORE LP Store

Now I have options and the usual risk reward is maintained. They have done if for the Normal Mining Drones
Mining Drone I - BPO
Mining Drone II - Invention (or BPO if you are lucky enough)
Augmented Mining Drone I - BPC drop from NPC's
Harvester Mining Drone I - BPC from the ORE LP Store

Just asking for some consistency between Combat and Industrial and to follow the usual tech progression. Not whining for special treatment.
Now Life
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-11-12 10:12:50 UTC
So price for a 5 runs bpc in the beginning will be +/- 500 mil on contract
+/- 200 mil mineral cost / drone

Ty CCP What?
Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-11-12 10:20:28 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
He's probably not complaining about the ISK cost; he's complaining about the LP cost. Not everyone has 80,000 SoE LP laying around; 80,000 is a bit of a grind to get.

BPC's are fine, limited to SoE LP store is fine, but how about making the BPC cost (60 + 80) = 140 million ISK and no LP.

This is player interaction. A new line for people to make money. Cause there ARE a lot of people with enough SOE LPs and so they will buy the drones BPC and sell them or make the drones themself. It's the same idea as ships have to been build and are not bought from a CCP shop.
Dark Lord Trump
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-11-12 10:42:11 UTC
Why does everyone assume that they have to run the missions themselves? Just pay someone else who runs those missions for the BPC, problem solved.

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#12 - 2016-11-12 10:52:15 UTC
Geronimo McVain wrote:
Cause there ARE a lot of people with enough SOE LPs and so they will buy the drones BPC and sell them or make the drones themself.

This isn't about the Sisters of EVE, it's about Outer Ring Excavations. They have only 4 stations, exclusively in the Outer Ring nullsec region, and there really aren't that many people with ORE lp...

I'm going to be so ******* rich ShockedShockedShocked

Geronimo McVain wrote:
It's the same idea as ships have to been build and are not bought from a CCP shop.

Not yet... Not yet...

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Solonius Rex
F0RCED ENTRY
Pandemic Legion
#13 - 2016-11-12 22:35:12 UTC
Cant concord lp from incursions be converted to ore lp?
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#14 - 2016-11-12 23:51:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Linus Gorp
Solonius Rex wrote:
Cant concord lp from incursions be converted to ore lp?

Afaik, that only works with factions in highsec... To my knowing, CONCORD lp can't be converted to Sanctuary lp either, so I doubt it's possible..

Haven't tested it though and I don't run any incursions (and never will), so take it with a grain of salt. Perhaps someone that knows for sure can shed some light on this.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

COMMANDER KATMAN
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2016-11-13 03:59:20 UTC
Hi All...

I think the demand for these drones is going to be large, and tbh I would like it to be a bpo seeded from ORE rather than a 5 run copy ?

At the very least CCP should give ORE a 5th station or HQ/DEPORT system in high sec, where everyone can access the lp shop and maybe even pick up missions from said Outer Ring Excavations BRAND NEW high sec outpost LolRollCool


This would mean access could not be totally shut off and camped, and a stable flow of drone prints would get to empire and be built for the waiting customers of EvE . . .

Kat

The EvE Feats Are Real.

-Officer Hunting Legend-

✪✪✪ 71 Life Time Officer Spawns... !

Read Bio for more details.

Piugattuk
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#16 - 2016-11-13 05:03:10 UTC
Also I love the fact that a ton of PI stuff is needed, that will help some.
voetius
Grundrisse
#17 - 2016-11-13 11:19:22 UTC

According to a thread in the test forum : https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=498923&find=unread

they also drop from the new NPC mining haulers, but at least on the test server are somewhat rare.
Penance Toralen
Compass Fox
#18 - 2016-11-14 02:04:52 UTC
Linus Gorp wrote:
Solonius Rex wrote:
Cant concord lp from incursions be converted to ore lp?

Afaik, that only works with factions in highsec... To my knowing, CONCORD lp can't be converted to Sanctuary lp either, so I doubt it's possible..

Haven't tested it though and I don't run any incursions (and never will), so take it with a grain of salt. Perhaps someone that knows for sure can shed some light on this.



I have done the Concord LP conversion into ORE LP on Sisi. The convert rate there is 5 to 2. I would assume that no one actually runs the Level 4 mining missions, so it's coming from Incursions. Considering the factor in risk, the LP values in null are only double what a High-Sec Mining Agent rewards.