These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A message to alpha newbros.

Author
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-11-10 23:04:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Hal Morsh
Since you are new to EVE you need to learn 1 crucial thing, the other newbros are your best friends, you need to consolidate activities while online, if they are doing something, you are doing something. That way when "highsec killboard king" shows up in his gila with a rep alt you can't be singled out and smooshed, theres still 4 others to jam, neut and maybe harass the drones.

Stick together because when in combat many of you outweighs whatever fancy pants ship they are flying, learn what kills what. Use your new friends for target practice time to time, and when they retaliate you both just probably gained some valuable experience. Maybe so you don't lose 5 guys to that nasty Garmur simply because you didn't know how to counter it.

Don't mine your entire life away in hopes of riches, mining is so your corp can make things and the isk is just a bonus to contribution, you should be spending your time in pewy splody instances. The limitations on your ships may also teach what a full account doesn't for some "tons of cheap" in your hangars is how you're gona learn EVE. Eventually you may full your account and maybe know better what ship you want to train first because you know something naughty you're gona do with it. Note as well what players you kill might just drop something shiny for and/or your comrades to sell.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Aves Asio
#2 - 2016-11-10 23:26:04 UTC
You really shouldn't talk to your food. Just saying.
Straight White Male
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-11-11 00:07:19 UTC
Aves Asio wrote:
You really shouldn't talk to your food. Just saying.

Playing with it is considered as even worse. Bottom line is: free squishy targets \o/

Tumblr said that there would be privileges? So if you're a person of color I'll have to ask you to turn your props and hardeners off. Also, if you are a woman you'll have to send me 200m for every billion you make.

Thankyoooou <3

xXx

Antheria
VVV Enterprises
#4 - 2016-11-11 02:04:10 UTC
This is just the sort of attitude that will kill this game.

What will you do if/when EvE dies? Go back to pulling the wings off flies?
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-11-11 02:40:30 UTC
We all learn EVE somehow, and that's how it was the most fun.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Otago Dogwalker
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#6 - 2016-11-11 12:16:21 UTC
I'll stick my shiny head above the parapet...All this carp about "free sqiushy targets" and "alpha food" - hammering the alphas will kill the game and render the great efforts CCP has made to attract newbros useless.

I can sense hundreds of "vets" rubbing their hands together in the prospect of seeing many new explosion effects, new alpha clones being blapped before they have had time to enjoy their first ship.

EVE can't survive without these new players. With the many gaming options out there, it is good to have a PC only game be so successful but it needs sustained income of those players to survive. I know any MMO has it fekwits but please...think about the bigger picture. .

Squeak...Cry
renwahh
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2016-11-11 12:33:43 UTC
Err 60% of new Alphas will consist of CODE gankers and vets wanting to play daffy duck without affecting there mains killboard Lol
Valkyrie Harkonnen
Doomheim
#8 - 2016-11-11 12:41:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkyrie Harkonnen
Antheria wrote:

You can't blame them. They are only using the tools the game gave them. If this backfires at CCP and they have eventually to shut down the server due to lack of activity, we lose a hobby but they lose their jobs.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#9 - 2016-11-11 14:25:49 UTC
Antheria wrote:

Quite likely play eve, EVE is dying since 2003.
Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#10 - 2016-11-11 14:33:57 UTC

Are you planning on bumping this until the 15th?

The Alpha NEW-bros aren't here yet.

--Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Iferie
Third Coast Logistics
#11 - 2016-11-11 18:09:16 UTC
Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:

--Gadget

I expect, that we will have an endless parade of 'helpful' threads like this for the next month or so. in the grand scheme of things it hurts nothing. Worst case scenario, most of the alpha clones are alts and nothing changes. Best case, the game gets a shot in the arm and I wear out the link to E-Uni.

(Though if an E-Uni doom fleet emerges ala the Persians in 300 to sweep all before them as a result then I'm claiming ignorance...'our velators will block out the sun!'
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#12 - 2016-11-11 19:07:02 UTC
Iferie wrote:

--Gadget

I expect, that we will have an endless parade of 'helpful' threads like this for the next month or so. in the grand scheme of things it hurts nothing. Worst case scenario, most of the alpha clones are alts and nothing changes. Best case, the game gets a shot in the arm and I wear out the link to E-Uni.

(Though if an E-Uni doom fleet emerges ala the Persians in 300 to sweep all before them as a result then I'm claiming ignorance...'our velators will block out the sun!'

then we will fight in the shadows Roll

kinda had to say it... or someone would have. i'm sure Shocked
LaBorga
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-11-11 19:52:53 UTC
Antheria wrote:

Would a fly with no wings be called a walk?
Iferie
Third Coast Logistics
#14 - 2016-11-11 20:35:59 UTC
Still I'm expecting a few moments of dark comedy. Shame I probably won't be in Jita local the first time a new bro asks "Hey, that gecko drone you were selling for 1 million... The client is telling me I can't accept the contract because I don't have 1 billion...where do I report this bug?"
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#15 - 2016-11-11 20:41:11 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Iferie wrote:

--Gadget

then we will fight in the shadows Roll

kinda had to say it... or someone would have. i'm sure Shocked

Good man yourself
Wanda Fayne
#16 - 2016-11-11 23:09:58 UTC
LaBorga wrote:
Antheria wrote:

Would a fly with no wings be called a walk?

My cat would call it 'snack'

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

• - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-