These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

WARNING!! - Recruitment Scam

Author
supersexysucker
Uber Awesome Fantastico Awesomeness Group
#61 - 2012-01-18 15:06:44 UTC
OP is brain dead.
ariana ailith
Dukalin
#62 - 2012-01-18 15:09:08 UTC  |  Edited by: ariana ailith
Mangua Desnart wrote:
Mara Tessidar wrote:
Care to name some names? I'm one of the recruitment officers for Bat Country in Goonswarm, and we don't tolerate this kind of behavior from our members.


I am not out to publically name and shame people. If you genuinely are interested please Eve mail me and I'll send them to you later when I am able to access my home PC again.


Im sure you won't shame them and they instead only laugh at your idiocy!
Who pays 1.4b to join a corp? lol.
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#63 - 2012-01-18 15:10:33 UTC
Joining a corp without researching it?... You deserve what you lost.

Nyan

Atreides Leto
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2012-01-18 15:10:38 UTC
Atticus Fynch wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
...where this game is quite blatantly ruled by douchebags and it's showing even in CCP's design decisions.



I agree. It has to do with what CCP defines as "hardcore" which is just CCP sanctioned griefing. This game has so much potential but there is a fly in the ointment and CCP refuses to see that EVE currently caters to "douchbags" most of all...which takes away from the game as a whole.



CCP promotes this kind of bewaver, and it has been this way for a long time, I remember watching CCP devs answering questions at Fanfest (a couple years back) and in all there interventions they always incite to this kind of pathetic attitudes and actions.

Having said that... It is our choice to play the game, CCP is not forcing anyone to play there game, it is just a shame that they could have a much greater player base if they removed some of this crap...

This ofc is IMHO.
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#65 - 2012-01-18 15:14:24 UTC
1/10 for me and a couple of others.

8/10 for all of you.

This didn't happen.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Atticus Fynch
#66 - 2012-01-18 16:17:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Atticus Fynch
Mai Khumm wrote:
Every time I read a post like this I laugh a little.

Scam in EVE function like scams IRL.


Difference being, IRL there is a police force you can go to to rectify the situation.
There is none in EVE.

Atreides Leto wrote:
Atticus Fynch wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
...where this game is quite blatantly ruled by douchebags and it's showing even in CCP's design decisions.



I agree. It has to do with what CCP defines as "hardcore" which is just CCP sanctioned griefing. This game has so much potential but there is a fly in the ointment and CCP refuses to see that EVE currently caters to "douchbags" most of all...which takes away from the game as a whole.



CCP promotes this kind of bewaver, and it has been this way for a long time, I remember watching CCP devs answering questions at Fanfest (a couple years back) and in all there interventions they always incite to this kind of pathetic attitudes and actions.

Having said that... It is our choice to play the game, CCP is not forcing anyone to play there game, it is just a shame that they could have a much greater player base if they removed some of this crap...

This ofc is IMHO.


The game is what we make of it. Incarna proved that. If enough noi$e is made for change...there will be change.

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Valei Khurelem
#67 - 2012-01-18 16:55:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
Quote:
The game is what we make of it. Incarna proved that. If enough noi$e is made for change...there will be change.


No it isn't, it's a poorly designed and imbalanced wannabe sandbox game of rock/paper/scissors with about as much depth and intrigue as a porn film and that's actually insulting to porn, they at least give me boobs to stare at.

And seriously CCP? Censoring the other word for ADULT film? I already made a thread about this.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#68 - 2012-01-18 17:08:07 UTC
Atticus Fynch wrote:
The game is what we make of it. Incarna proved that. If enough noi$e is made for change...there will be change.


nah go back to wow

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#69 - 2012-01-18 17:12:33 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Quote:
The game is what we make of it. Incarna proved that. If enough noi$e is made for change...there will be change.


No it isn't, it's a poorly designed and imbalanced wannabe sandbox game of rock/paper/scissors with about as much depth and intrigue as a **** film and that's actually insulting to ****, they at least give me boobs to stare at.


I am sensing you have been scammed in-game or IRL. I am also guessing you lack the willpower to press the cancel subscription button for whatever reason. I wish you good sperging sir.

@ the OP. Goons will be Goons.

Protip: Bringing your case to the forums only nourishes them.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Zosius
Epicentre Syndicate
The Singularity.
#70 - 2012-01-18 17:17:50 UTC
how people have >b isk and get recruitment scammed... by goons?
Mai Khumm
172.0.0.1
#71 - 2012-01-18 17:21:22 UTC
Atticus Fynch wrote:
Mai Khumm wrote:
Every time I read a post like this I laugh a little.

Scam in EVE function like scams IRL.


Difference being, IRL there is a police force you can go to to rectify the situation.
There is none in EVE.


Apparently you have no clue how many crimes go unsolved. Including IRL scams.

The police force is more of a deterrent then anything else.
Alpheias
The Khaleph
#72 - 2012-01-18 17:25:45 UTC
Zosius wrote:
how people have >b isk and get recruitment scammed... by goons?


Because people are ******* stupid?

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Random Majere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-01-18 17:28:17 UTC
Andski wrote:
Atticus Fynch wrote:
The game is what we make of it. Incarna proved that. If enough noi$e is made for change...there will be change.


nah go back to wow


I would suggest WoT.
Shad0wsFury
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#74 - 2012-01-18 17:31:43 UTC
I am shocked an appalled at the allegations that Goons could be anything other than the most honorable of spaceship warriors.
Alpheias
The Khaleph
#75 - 2012-01-18 17:35:39 UTC
Shad0wsFury wrote:
I am shocked an appalled at the allegations that Goons could be anything other than the most honorable of spaceship warriors.


You are trying too hard, brotato.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Random Majere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-01-18 17:39:29 UTC
Atreides Leto wrote:
Atticus Fynch wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
...where this game is quite blatantly ruled by douchebags and it's showing even in CCP's design decisions.



I agree. It has to do with what CCP defines as "hardcore" which is just CCP sanctioned griefing. This game has so much potential but there is a fly in the ointment and CCP refuses to see that EVE currently caters to "douchbags" most of all...which takes away from the game as a whole.



CCP promotes this kind of bewaver, and it has been this way for a long time, I remember watching CCP devs answering questions at Fanfest (a couple years back) and in all there interventions they always incite to this kind of pathetic attitudes and actions.

Having said that... It is our choice to play the game, CCP is not forcing anyone to play there game, it is just a shame that they could have a much greater player base if they removed some of this crap...

This ofc is IMHO.


I totally agree with you about the game`s "potential" and the fact that CCP seems not to care about the "douchbags" you are refering to. You are touching some of the reasons why I started to play another game (see my previous post). And no...you cannot have my stuff....not yet!!
Sergeant Spot
Galactic Geographic BookMark Surveying Inc.
#77 - 2012-01-18 18:33:10 UTC
The only thing you need to know about Goons is that if they learn a real life friend or relative of yours has died in real life, they will mock the real life death.
Atticus Fynch
#78 - 2012-01-18 18:47:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Atticus Fynch
Sergeant Spot wrote:
The only thing you need to know about Goons is that if they learn a real life friend or relative of yours has died in real life, they will mock the real life death.



assholes only club, huh?

they are an overrated bunch IMO.

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2012-01-18 18:52:59 UTC
Is it wrong to hate and admire Goons at the same time for this scam that's been going on since they've been in Eve? I hate them because this scam is just so dastardly. I admire them because they still have people willing to pay to join......my God.....what I wouldn't give to be able to do this and not get laughed at. ;)

Seriously people! Are you so desperate?

Don't ban me, bro!

Hired Assasin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#80 - 2012-01-18 18:55:55 UTC
if anything this is a miss understanding, i'm sure you will get your isk back soon.

Teamspeak 3 with API and Web Interface Hosting with Member Rewards!! : http://alturl.com/asde8 Catch me on EVE Gate, im allmost always on it!