These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Finding C1 and C2 wormholes in highsec

Author
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2016-10-25 02:32:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Fetito
Hello!

Where is a good place in highsec to find C1 or C2 wormholes? I only found J135036 (K162), but it's a C3 one and way too difficult for my Brutix.


Moreover, I'd like to know if with a Brutix I am ok to solo C2 wormholes.
#2 - 2016-10-25 03:44:56 UTC
Brutix might get capped out. Passive ham drake is king of C2! Maybe not king, certainly a solid go to.

I never seen these people in my life. I don't recognize them Your Honor

#3 - 2016-10-25 06:23:33 UTC
You can find them all over the place. K162 just means it was accessed from the other side. A Myrmidon or a Drake is a much better choice than a Brutix.

You are welcome to our part of the world, bling fits appriciated thnx.... Lol
#4 - 2016-10-25 08:57:07 UTC
Heya!

You could try blaster brutix for c1's and roll cap booster with cap booster 200's
c2 has some longer orbit ranges so rails could work but it will be super slow, as others said there are some ships are better for c2.
You can find c1 in all kinds of systems but its very random where they spawn and such.
check this guide for how to visually idenity the different wormhole types if you are on the k162 side.
#5 - 2016-10-25 10:41:30 UTC
well look in systems like hanan , dakba , shumam, oirtlair malpara inder iderion.
generally you should look for systems with one stargate (called deadend systems) or systems with lower traffic
also some rookie systems with career agents sometimes have 2 - 3 wormholes worth to check out pasha chaven deepari etc. just those systems with training data/relics training anoms etc. i was able to find bunch of wormholes to play with.

brutix is not very well good ship for c2 c3 wormholes, you definietly would try drake cyclone prophecy and harbinger.
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-10-30 11:48:25 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
well look in systems like hanan , dakba , shumam, oirtlair malpara inder iderion.
generally you should look for systems with one stargate (called deadend systems) or systems with lower traffic
also some rookie systems with career agents sometimes have 2 - 3 wormholes worth to check out pasha chaven deepari etc.
What does this have to do with spawn rates of C1s and C2s?
#7 - 2016-10-30 16:08:34 UTC  |  Edited by: JTK Fotheringham
The fact is, N110 and B274 holes - the static HS connections off C1 and C2 systems - open ANYWHERE in HS. There's no system where they are more likely to open - and only a handful where they will never open (e.g. Jita).

There are a little over 1000 HS systems in the game.
There are 215 C1s with HS statics
There are about 330 C2s with HS statics
There are 105 C3s with HS statics
There are a few dozen others - shattered systems etc.

All in, that's about 550 C1/C2 systems with HS statics, plus say another 130-ish C3/Shattered systems.

Even allowing for HS systems with 2 (or more) K162 connections from low-class holes, it still means there's enough holes into HS for a ratio of:

A WH system connection on average every second HS system you scan.

Why you are having trouble finding low-class holes I don't know. Try moving around - e.g. find a 5-10 system loop, and scan them in the same order every day. You should have 2-5 low-class holes most days.

Obviously those holes near Jita will be camped by Wingspan, but otherwise you will likely only come across the residents, or residents from deeper in WH space using them as a route.

/JTK
The Wraithguard.
#8 - 2016-11-02 15:16:34 UTC
Finding the wh is done using a core probe launcher and core scanner probes.
HISPANIA.
#9 - 2016-11-02 15:48:12 UTC
JTK Fotheringham wrote:

A WH system connection on average every second HS system you scan.
/JTK

only if these holes are in fact opened, so it's actually harder than scanning ~2 system

sry for being an ass
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#10 - 2016-11-11 23:29:43 UTC
As much exploration I do, I find quite a few C1-C3s in HS, some systems I have scanned down have as many as four WHs in that range class, and maybe more depending.

As far as ships, the others here can advise you on what you can fly.
#11 - 2016-11-13 04:21:35 UTC
You can use a Drake for most sites up to C3's, just bare in mind that it takes more time since it's DPS is far from great.

There are a lot of websites with viable Drake fittings for wormholes. Also check Eve Survival's wormhole section for tons of usefull info. Last but not least, don't forget to always use dscan while running the site. Do it constantly.

Good luck o7

"The carp and the cutting board" - 忍者産業

Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-01-01 09:42:23 UTC
Feng Yotosashi wrote:
Last but not least, don't forget to always use dscan while running the site. Do it constantly.

Good luck o7


Why? What's the point? There are many videos on youtube with WH explorers doing that. But what's the point if someone comes with a ship that's not on Dscan (bomber, interceptor, and so on.... i'm not sure about the type, but there are quite a few).
Darwinism.
#13 - 2017-01-01 14:48:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Duyfken
Britcoin Dan wrote:
Feng Yotosashi wrote:
Last but not least, don't forget to always use dscan while running the site. Do it constantly.

Good luck o7


Why? What's the point? There are many videos on youtube with WH explorers doing that. But what's the point if someone comes with a ship that's not on Dscan (bomber, interceptor, and so on.... i'm not sure about the type, but there are quite a few).



Lets be clear; if you are going to be running sites in wormhole space you will get killed at some point, using d-scan can help reduce the chance of that happening.

Cloaky ships need to cloak up and will be vissible on dscan for a few seconds when transitioning from gate cloak to active cloak. Combat recon ships will not show up on d scan at all, only skill will save you from those.

Scan probes can also be seen by using d-scan, a clear sign someone is on the prowl.
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#14 - 2017-01-01 14:54:17 UTC
Just jump a few systems and scan the sigs. It's random, you may get WHs, you may not. The ones you do get may be C2s, they may not. It's random.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Solitaire.
#15 - 2017-01-01 15:11:18 UTC
JTK Fotheringham wrote:
The fact is, N110 and B274 holes - the static HS connections off C1 and C2 systems - open ANYWHERE in HS. There's no system where they are more likely to open - and only a handful where they will never open (e.g. Jita).

There are a little over 1000 HS systems in the game.
There are 215 C1s with HS statics
There are about 330 C2s with HS statics
There are 105 C3s with HS statics
There are a few dozen others - shattered systems etc.

All in, that's about 550 C1/C2 systems with HS statics, plus say another 130-ish C3/Shattered systems.

Even allowing for HS systems with 2 (or more) K162 connections from low-class holes, it still means there's enough holes into HS for a ratio of:

A WH system connection on average every second HS system you scan.

Why you are having trouble finding low-class holes I don't know. Try moving around - e.g. find a 5-10 system loop, and scan them in the same order every day. You should have 2-5 low-class holes most days.

Obviously those holes near Jita will be camped by Wingspan, but otherwise you will likely only come across the residents, or residents from deeper in WH space using them as a route.

/JTK

If I can sidetrack you for a second what's a shattered system?
The Tuskers Co.
#16 - 2017-01-01 16:56:46 UTC
A shattered system is one in which the planets have been shattered by some cataclysmic event. The planet type is 'shattered', PI is not possible, and there are no moons. You cannot anchor a POS or citadel in a shattered system.

However, shattered systems are the only w-space systems where you can mine ice, and they have an unusually high number of anoms/sites/connections. There is also typically some celestial beacon-style site marking the location of the original cataclysm.

If you like reading about low sec piracy or wormhole pvp, you might enjoy my blog.

Forum Jump