These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

SKINflation!

First post
Author
Borokhula
Crimson Privateers
#1 - 2016-10-29 15:47:21 UTC
So up to a 90% reduction in SKINs prices planned for the November release.

Is the price reduction permanent?

Will we be able to take our existing SKINS and customise them?

I have bought dozens of skins over the past year, some on sale and some not, and the thought of this makes me feel sick. This includes a recent purchase of the HULK ORE DEVELOPMENT EDITION.

In the previous instance of AURUM store item devaluation the monocles were removed making them rare and valuable assets which could be kept or traded.

Will anything be done to compensate those that have supported the service since it's inception?

Is anyone else affected by this?
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-10-29 15:56:36 UTC
You bought swag and now you're upset that your swag won't cost as much? Stop being a dumbass.\

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#3 - 2016-10-29 16:06:28 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Elenahina wrote:
You bought swag and now you're upset that your swag won't cost as much? Stop being a dumbass.\


Dammit, I was gonna... *sigh*.

Way to steal my thunder.

If you bought and consumed the skins, so what? If I buy a hamburger, eat it, and tomorrow the hamburger is on sale, such is life. I was willing to pay the asking price at the time of sale.

If you bought them as speculative investments, I suggest you actually familiarize yourself with the definition of "speculative". It doesn't mean you definitely make a profit.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Borokhula
Crimson Privateers
#4 - 2016-10-29 16:56:32 UTC
Those SKINS are premium items, I and many others pay either Isk or real money to make our ships stand out from the norm.

With a 90% reduction in price, it means players who would otherwise have been unwilling or unable to purchase them to do so, making them less exclusive and devaluing them accordingly. With the benefit of hindsight i wouldn't have bothered.

I've made a fair point, and you respond with an ignorant one line comment and you call me the 'dumbass'.

Yeah i get it, 'welcome to the internet, blah blah'.
Gealbhan
Temeraria Praedonum
Catastrophic Experiment
#5 - 2016-10-29 17:27:45 UTC
"Filthy casuals ruining EvE detected"

"Aligning to WhineGate"

"WhineDrive activated"

Arrow
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#6 - 2016-10-29 18:00:47 UTC
people-who-buy-skins-problems.bat
Borokhula
Crimson Privateers
#7 - 2016-10-29 18:41:56 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
You bought swag and now you're upset that your swag won't cost as much? Stop being a dumbass.\


Dammit, I was gonna... *sigh*.

Way to steal my thunder.

If you bought and consumed the skins, so what? If I buy a hamburger, eat it, and tomorrow the hamburger is on sale, such is life. I was willing to pay the asking price at the time of sale.

If you bought them as speculative investments, I suggest you actually familiarize yourself with the definition of "speculative". It doesn't mean you definitely make a profit.


If i buy a hamburger, i do so without the expectation that i will be able to eat it over and over again. As such i expect it to be cheap and don't care how its value will change in the future. Your analogy failed to add anything to this topic.

I purchase the skins from the NEX using ISK converted to PLEX converted to AURUM. I inject the SKINS to use them on my ships so they stand out and or look unified. I apologise for not making this clear enough in my original post.

I use them because they look good and stand out from the norm. If they are pricey and i can afford it, it has the added benefit of being more exclusive.

If they are cheap, also good, i get to use them and have more isk left over for whatever else.

What i am unhappy about, is paying the higher price with the expectation they will remain appropriately exclusive, only to find they will now become very common.


Borokhula
Crimson Privateers
#8 - 2016-10-29 18:47:13 UTC
Gealbhan wrote:
"Filthy casuals ruining EvE detected"

"Aligning to WhineGate"

"WhineDrive activated"

Arrow


5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#9 - 2016-10-29 18:59:16 UTC
Borokhula wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
"Filthy casuals ruining EvE detected"

"Aligning to WhineGate"

"WhineDrive activated"

Arrow


5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.


A good example for trolling is also the OP, as I think this thread is seriously trolling all of us. Whining about a price-reduction in cosmetic items? What the hell?
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#10 - 2016-10-29 19:13:23 UTC
Quote:

Forum rules

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.



Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department