These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Lost ship?

Author
WaiLong Wang
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-10-28 16:36:15 UTC
Today i decided to do a Maze Escalation on Hostile space. I made it there and started the Maze and notice that the npc's were on my drones all the time so i thought about ejecting off my ship on the gate before the last room to reset aggro. So thought, so done. I ejected off my Proteus on a Gurista Maze warp gate. I waited out about 30secs more or less then i notice that the board icon was not highlighted or not functioning. I looked at my ship, mind you i am in my pod, and it shows no one on the ship. Just a floating proteus. So i spam the board icon on the selecting window and it was saying that there is already someone on the Proteus. I double check with showing info but was showing that i was still boarded on the ship. I was confused. I talked about it to my corp mates and they didn't had a clue what was going on or how to explain it.

I decided to log off and log-in after trying to board the ship after 6-8mins spamming the board ship icon. I came back to the site and i lost the ship - because little that i knew pods cannot use maze's warp gates. So logging back in on my pod it returned me to the entrance gate. At that moment someone was already trying to probe me down with their cheetah. And i was over 20 jumps out from my Home System to get a scanning ship.

I submitted a support ticket to see if a ship reimbursement is possible. Just wanted to post this to see if there is anyway that had this issue before on a different circumstances.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2016-10-28 16:40:11 UTC
Lasisha Mishi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2016-10-28 16:43:14 UTC
you ejected out of your t3 ship........
to reset aggro......
in a locked off gate area.....

..........................please tell me this is not common

and if it is common. please tell me where you rat in capitals.....
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#4 - 2016-10-28 16:46:03 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
bahahahaha !

Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2016-10-28 16:46:54 UTC
Lol

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#6 - 2016-10-28 16:48:34 UTC
Quite the perfect storm of odd bugs and poor life decisions, here.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

WaiLong Wang
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-10-28 16:51:17 UTC
All good - ship reimbursed :)
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#8 - 2016-10-28 17:06:37 UTC
ShockedLol
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#9 - 2016-10-28 17:07:19 UTC
Swoop McFly
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-10-28 17:21:38 UTC
You did WHAT?! ShockedBig smile
Piugattuk
Lone Star Warriors
Evictus.
#11 - 2016-10-28 17:39:48 UTC
This reminds me of that post about the guy switching between his hulk and his orca while solo mining, someone stole his orca.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
#12 - 2016-10-28 17:43:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Piugattuk wrote:
This reminds me of that post about the guy switching between his hulk and his orca while solo mining, someone stole his orca.

This reminds me of that time my mate found a guy switching between his hulk and his orca while solo mining,
my mate stole his orca.

Edit : believe it or not this wasent the first time he did this either.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#13 - 2016-10-28 18:19:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
When I started playing EVE I used Rokh for mining and left it in a belt to grab transport ship and get ore from can, when I transported it and warped back in capsule to get into Rokh, I noticed someone else also warped in and flies in capsule towards it. As I remember it I think I was faster only by few meters. Pirate
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#14 - 2016-10-28 19:07:37 UTC
Piugattuk wrote:

This reminds me of that time my mate found a guy switching between his hulk and his orca while solo mining,
my mate stole his orca.

How are so many people leaving orcas in the field?

I got a free orca the exact same way
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
#15 - 2016-10-28 19:33:01 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Piugattuk wrote:

my mate stole his orca.

i have no idea , the funny thing is though that you couldnt do this if they targeted their ship .

always bet on stupid though,
always
Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2016-10-28 19:40:30 UTC
WaiLong Wang wrote:
All good - ship reimbursed :)

Sad

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#17 - 2016-10-28 20:35:20 UTC
i have no idea , the funny thing is though that you couldnt do this if they targeted their ship .

always

I ran across it with a character that couldn't fly an orca...I sat there with the empty orca targeted in my buzzard with no guns while I made the frantic 25 jump trip with an account that could pick it up.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
#18 - 2016-10-28 20:36:11 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

always

I ran across it with a character that couldn't fly an orca...I sat there with the empty orca targeted in my buzzard with no guns while I made the frantic 25 jump trip with an account that could pick it up.

bahahahaBig smile
voetius
Grundrisse
#19 - 2016-10-28 20:43:27 UTC  |  Edited by: voetius
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Piugattuk wrote:

my mate stole his orca.

always

I seem to recall that you can't board a ship if it is targeted. Also, that some people would reship from their Orca to a mining ship then lock the Orca to stop anyone boarding it. Perhaps they failed in this situation if someone else managed to get a lock on the Orca before them, or maybe a rat locking it has the same effect.

I did wonder if the OP's problem was that he couldn't board the ship because a rat had it locked.

Edit : posted this before reading Sonya's post.
Vigirr
#20 - 2016-10-28 20:53:59 UTC
Stupidity is not a valid reimbursement reason.
12Next page