These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Jump button

Author
Fagundass
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-01-17 07:15:59 UTC
whant old Jump button.
Need flag in general settings for use "new jump button with autojump or old button without autojump.
Ryuce
#2 - 2012-01-17 07:40:49 UTC
Fagundass wrote:
whant old Jump button.
Need flag in general settings for use "new jump button with autojump or old button without autojump.

The button is fine. However, you will actually have to think before using the buttons.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#3 - 2012-01-17 13:57:08 UTC
So you want to do two clicks instead of one?

Here is a secret tip for ya: click warp to and then click jump et voila.

Invalid signature format

Onictus
MATARSOC
Minmatar Republic Marines
#4 - 2012-01-17 14:00:47 UTC
Its the same button anyway.

I wish you could disable it.

Hearing "Hold on gate HOOOLLLLLD ON GATE HOOOOOOLLLLLLL......LEMMINGS~!"

Its gotten to the point that we are side bettering on how many people are going to jump at 100,000 a person and people are loosing millions Twisted
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
#5 - 2012-01-17 22:48:16 UTC
What's different about it? The fact that you can use it from further away?

Warp-to still exists. Approach still exists. Use them. Sheesh.

edit: This is probably someone else complaining because their fleetmates are lemmings. Hint: you can't cure stupid.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Muad 'dib
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-01-17 23:13:02 UTC
theres no way to turn off jump when out of range, and when you do hit it purposfully or not it doesnt tell you it is going to auto jump.

Thats the only issue, some nice red text that comes up saying "autojump active" by the warping text would be perfect.

However hitting ctrl stop, dopes deactivate the auto jump when you land, but again theres no way to tell currently.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Schalac
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-01-18 00:28:45 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
theres no way to turn off jump when out of range, and when you do hit it purposfully or not it doesnt tell you it is going to auto jump.

Thats the only issue, some nice red text that comes up saying "autojump active" by the warping text would be perfect.

However hitting ctrl stop, dopes deactivate the auto jump when you land, but again theres no way to tell currently.
I can tell if I am going to auto jump when I land on gate. Maybe your client is different than mine.

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Muad 'dib
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-01-18 00:30:39 UTC
Schalac wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
theres no way to turn off jump when out of range, and when you do hit it purposfully or not it doesnt tell you it is going to auto jump.

Thats the only issue, some nice red text that comes up saying "autojump active" by the warping text would be perfect.

However hitting ctrl stop, dopes deactivate the auto jump when you land, but again theres no way to tell currently.
I can tell if I am going to auto jump when I land on gate. Maybe your client is different than mine.


well heck, tell me!

if its there already and ive missed it everytime, id be MORE than happy

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Schalac
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-01-18 00:37:47 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
Schalac wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
theres no way to turn off jump when out of range, and when you do hit it purposfully or not it doesnt tell you it is going to auto jump.

Thats the only issue, some nice red text that comes up saying "autojump active" by the warping text would be perfect.

However hitting ctrl stop, dopes deactivate the auto jump when you land, but again theres no way to tell currently.
I can tell if I am going to auto jump when I land on gate. Maybe your client is different than mine.


well heck, tell me!

if its there already and ive missed it everytime, id be MORE than happy
Well I know I'm going to auto jump when I hit gate because I am not an idiot an know whether or not I clicked "jump" or "warp to". Yes, it's just that easy.

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Muad 'dib
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-01-18 00:45:25 UTC
Schalac wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
Schalac wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
theres no way to turn off jump when out of range, and when you do hit it purposfully or not it doesnt tell you it is going to auto jump.

Thats the only issue, some nice red text that comes up saying "autojump active" by the warping text would be perfect.

However hitting ctrl stop, dopes deactivate the auto jump when you land, but again theres no way to tell currently.
I can tell if I am going to auto jump when I land on gate. Maybe your client is different than mine.


well heck, tell me!

if its there already and ive missed it everytime, id be MORE than happy
Well I know I'm going to auto jump when I hit gate because I am not an idiot an know whether or not I clicked "jump" or "warp to". Yes, it's just that easy.


Ha yup i thought that was coming, you sir, are a total idiot well done.

Ive been playing long enough to click the right button 99% of the, i have dopne this accidentally once or twice so far, no big deal, maybe the button should light up in the selected item overview bit, i dont care just somthing.

Everything else checks before you die, jumping into low sec, you get a message, theres no message for pirates jumping ionto high sec, so having a way to tell when your going to leeroy by accident makes alot of sense.

its not much to ask from a new an slightly incomplete feature.

I bet this sucks in 0.0 too....

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Ryuce
#11 - 2012-01-18 07:38:31 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
Schalac wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
Schalac wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
theres no way to turn off jump when out of range, and when you do hit it purposfully or not it doesnt tell you it is going to auto jump.

Thats the only issue, some nice red text that comes up saying "autojump active" by the warping text would be perfect.

However hitting ctrl stop, dopes deactivate the auto jump when you land, but again theres no way to tell currently.
I can tell if I am going to auto jump when I land on gate. Maybe your client is different than mine.


well heck, tell me!

if its there already and ive missed it everytime, id be MORE than happy
Well I know I'm going to auto jump when I hit gate because I am not an idiot an know whether or not I clicked "jump" or "warp to". Yes, it's just that easy.


Ha yup i thought that was coming, you sir, are a total idiot well done.

Ive been playing long enough to click the right button 99% of the, i have dopne this accidentally once or twice so far, no big deal, maybe the button should light up in the selected item overview bit, i dont care just somthing.

Everything else checks before you die, jumping into low sec, you get a message, theres no message for pirates jumping ionto high sec, so having a way to tell when your going to leeroy by accident makes alot of sense.

its not much to ask from a new an slightly incomplete feature.

I bet this sucks in 0.0 too....

Well to be fair, the man is right though. As has been mentioned, in case of doubt press CTRL and space when in warp. Then no mistakes will occur.

We have several uncomplicated ways of making sure we don't auto jump, and I really think CCP should focus their attention elsewhere then helping players correct the players mistakes. We know how to avoid the issue. If we fail doing simple stuff, we will have to face the consequences. To me, it is a logical consequence of life in general and makes the game more interesting.

Ps. I really like the button.
JunkRaider
SniggWaffe
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2012-01-18 15:05:03 UTC
You can actually cancel the jump by clicking on STOP right after you land on gate.