These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 PagesPrevious page12

Baking Buddies!

Author
#21 - 2016-10-18 23:22:47 UTC
I don't know... sometimes I just really don't.
#22 - 2016-10-18 23:51:17 UTC
I absolutely adore angel food cake!
#23 - 2016-10-20 00:22:16 UTC
"E-erm, sorry about the delayed response. No, I've never baked Banana a cake. Snakes are carnivorous, and I still haven't come up with a good way to blend mice into a sponge cake without, y'know, throwing up." Yui laughs nervously. "Er, and, thank you for all of your support! I'll try and make a new video every week or two, but it's important to have a special guest each episode, and while Mr. Banana is my mascot, I think watching him weave his silly lil' head around every week would maybe get boring to other people!"

If you want to get on Baking Buddies as a special guest, send me a brief video of yourself baking! I'm sure I'd be happy to have you!

(Send me an RP sample of your capsuleer baking! It'll be fun :D)

xXuber-NitsheXx
#24 - 2016-10-20 01:15:54 UTC
Can I be next weeks special guest, promise it will not be a boring show.Blink

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS. Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

#25 - 2016-10-20 01:42:54 UTC
xXuber-NitsheXx wrote:
Can I be next weeks special guest, promise it will not be a boring show.Blink

"Er, sorry, but I actually had plans for next week's episode! Maybe a later date. What sort of baking do you do? I was mostly only going to bake sweets on the show, but I'm pretty proficient at just about anything you can slap into an oven!"

If you want to get on Baking Buddies as a special guest, send me a brief video of yourself baking! I'm sure I'd be happy to have you!

#26 - 2016-10-20 07:15:17 UTC
Ms. Qerl: He was not present at the Masque's tournament viewing party on any of the six days it was hosted, and had he deigned to show his face he would have been turned away by security on the spot.

Razvedka: Your continued obsession with me - lies, fantasies, and all - is just as offputting and disturbing as it was back in July.

Kindly cease and desist.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

xXuber-NitsheXx
#27 - 2016-10-20 08:22:09 UTC  |  Edited by: xXuber-NitsheXx
Morwen Lagann wrote:
Ms. Qerl: He was not present at the Masque's tournament viewing party on any of the six days it was hosted, and had he deigned to show his face he would have been turned away by security on the spot.

Razvedka: Your continued obsession with me - lies, fantasies, and all - is just as offputting and disturbing as it was back in July.

Kindly cease and desist.

GrudgeMaster3000 says there is "no" animosity between you and me, the machine also says you live for my posts/attention. Also says I turned your particular tastes from dark chocolate to white.

Contrary to your version of the Gala night, Seraphim's camera says otherwise. I believe you were dripping in my white chocolate, after falling into the pondage beneath the fountain.

Was it you were drinking a little too much or given a gentle push? Smile

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS. Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

#28 - 2016-10-20 09:03:30 UTC
Razvedka, you're as tryhard as ever. Get out of here.

Good show, Yui. Looking forward to the next episode.
xXuber-NitsheXx
#29 - 2016-10-20 09:34:56 UTC
Mengyao Chemineau wrote:
Razvedka, you're as tryhard as ever. Get out of here.

Good show, Yui. Looking forward to the next episode.

Yes you did offer to buy me a beer a few months ago Mengyao,Straight

and I didn't take up your offer, nothing against Gallente types like yourself, but you were a complete stranger. How was I to know you weren't a recruiting officer for the navy with a shilling under that beer you offered. I could have woken up in a rusty battleship on the other side of the universe, riding the rim of a giant Red Dwarf.

Have to be careful you know, but seems you bear a grudge.

Cup of Caldari tea make Chemineau feel better?

#30 - 2016-10-20 09:58:15 UTC
My grudge against you originates before that, with your crass harassments of various people on the IGS.

I'm more than content with the jīn jùn méi tea I have on hand.
xXuber-NitsheXx
#31 - 2016-10-20 10:18:48 UTC  |  Edited by: xXuber-NitsheXx
Mengyao Chemineau wrote:
My grudge against you originates before that, with your crass harassments of various people on the IGS.

I'm more than content with the jīn jùn méi tea I have on hand.

I'm sorry you are such a sensitive petal Mengyao. I must apologise for offending your effete bruised feelings.

But Morwen is a strong confident lady, perhaps stronger than you. She does not need a man to hold her hand I am sure.

Amarr Empire
#32 - 2016-10-20 15:04:36 UTC
Makoto Yui wrote:

As Yui whisks, the camera pans away to a separate video of her snake, Banana, coiled up in front of a pastel pink backdrop on a counter, near a hand of... bananas. Makoto's voice can be heard, saying sweet and encouraging things to the wobbly little python, who mostly just wiggles his head. Simple xylophone music plays quietly in the background. "It's important to be nice to people and things, even if they maybe aren't as competent as other people and things! Look at Banana!" Yui coos. "Banana here is a ball python, but because he's so inbred, he's got a few birth defects. He was fed live prey before I got ahold of him, so his skin is all nibbled up and scarred." The camera gives a close up of Banana, who has a kink near the end of his tail and small scars on his body. "But once I got ahold of him, I got him all healthy and well taken care of, and now just look at him!" At this, Banana attempts to coil around the hand of bananas, but quickly loses his nerve and uncoils, bopping his head left and right. The camera feed fades as Banana rolls his head around on the ground, returning to Makoto in her kitchen.

God bless you and your python, Makoto! These are the sweetest words on this page in IGS!

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))

#33 - 2016-10-25 09:15:42 UTC
The camera drone whirrs on, revealing a title card. In especially poor penmanship, the title "Baking Buddies!" accompanied by a small drawing of a yellow python flashes on the screen to very mellow, obviously free license music. The title card cuts away to Makoto, dressed in a home knitted sweater and her trademark soft pink apron and silly chef hat, standing in her messy kitchen. "Hey howdy, my lovely Baking Buddies! My name is Makoto, and we're back with a second episode of Baking Buddies!" Yui excitedly greets her audience. "My name's Makoto everyone, and today, I'm your Baking Buddy! I'm awfully excited to be your Buddy, and I sure hope you're excited to be mine!"

The young capsuleer shows off her counter. A small box of rather simply decorated red cupcakes sits on the counter. "Today, we're making some lovely red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting!" Yui holds the box up, and takes a cupcake for herself. "These cupcakes are just about as tasty as they come, and they're sure to be a treat anywhere you bring them!" Yui giggles. "They have so much potential, you can decorate them so many ways and they're just simply lovely.

Yui changes the camera to a shot of the ingredients. "You'll need two and a ha-" Yui sneezes loudly, interrupting herself. "I-I gotta remember to edit that out in post!" Yui laughs. "Now, as I was saying, you'll need two and a half cups of flour, a cup and a half of sugar, a cup of buttermilk, a cup and a half of vegetable oil, two eggs, two tablespoons of red food coloring, a teaspon of baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, white distilled vinegar, and vanilla extract. If you want, you can buy the cream cheese frosting, but I'm gonna make it myself!" Yui grins to the camera. "So since we're making the frosting, we also need a pound of cream cheese, two sticks of butter, two teaspoons of vanilla extract, and four cups of confectioner's sugar!" Yui laughs. "And in response to input from someone I ran into in the Mo Li Hua teahouse out in Shizu Station, always feel free to modify, experiment, and play with any recipes I use in these! As long as you're having fun, you can be my Buddy!"

"First things first, we're gonna line two muffin pans with cuppycake papers! This just makes sure they have that lovely little cupcake shape to them instead of coming out all muffin-ey!" Yui giggles, holding up two pans. "Not that there's anything wrong with a muffin-ey cuppycake!" Yui pauses for a second. "We've all felt a little muffin-ey sometimes, and that's okay! It's okay to feel muffin-ey and it's okay to be muffin-ey! Never let anyone make you feel bad for not being as much of a cuppycake as they are!" Yui looks at the camera drone with a serious expression. "You're a cuppycake in my book, no matter who you are! The BESTEST of cuppycakes! The kind that are frosted perfectly with a good sponge, where the cupcake paper comes off without any of the cuppycake sponge getting on it! You're THAT kind of cuppycake, viewers!"

The camera angle changes to focus on Yui's work station. "Now, what we're gonna do is mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder together." Makoto moves a glass bowl into the frame, and carefully measures her ingredients out into it. "Then we're gonna wanna get another bowl to mix the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla together. This is the fun part!" she exclaims, grabbing a large whisk. "We're gonna really beat them together! Beat 'em good!" Yui begins furiously whisking the mixture, and the camera pans to a small ficus sitting in the corner.

"Today's special guest," says Makoto's voice, "is a ficus my intern Xianghua has been taking care of! As you can see, it's well taken care of! It's been loved and nurtured by a very kindhearted, responsible owner. Look a these healthy leaves. Such a well-behaved tree."

"Now there's been a lot of negative emotions recently, and so today we're going to talk about feeling bad. As capsuleers, violence and bloodshed are things most of us encounter on a daily or every-other-day-ly basis. I'm not going to tell you not to shoot people, but I am going to say this. Combat takes a significant toll on you, emotionally. Killing, being killed, it wears on your psyche. And so it's important to hold on to your sense of humor! So today, we're gonna tell some jokes with our special guest, the ficus!"

Makoto steps into frame with a thick book with a green hardcover. Opening the book, she turns it to the camera drone, revealing the title, "14,000,000 Knee Slappers, Side Splitters, and Japeries" Yui glances at a few jokes, and giggles to herself. "Hehe, these are silly. Say, New Eden! What do you call a pile of cats? A MEOW-ntain!" Yui bursts into giggles. "I'd personally call it a fluffle-cuddle pile! Heheh!" The young capsuleer opens to a dog-eared page. "What happened when the strawberry tried to cross the road? There was a traffic jam!" Yui laughs softly and closes the joke book. "Well, those were silly, New Eden. Ms. Ficus certainly seems to have enjoyed those jokes, did you?"

(Cont'd next post, sorry, character limit!)

#34 - 2016-10-25 09:16:31 UTC
The Jin-Mei baker returns to her counter and the camera drone follows her, showing that both the cupcake mix and the icing are mixed thoroughly. "While you were over there, I took the liberty of mixing the frosting as well! Anyways, now that we have our cupcake mix, we're going to put the cuppycake mix into the tins," she says, carefully measuring out even amounts of mixture into each hole in the tin. "Now, we're going to want to have the oven preheated to 174 Celsius, and bake these bad boys for about 20 minutes, and make sure you turn your pans for an even bake!" Yui opens her oven, removing two trays of already-done cupcakes. "But, conveniently for me, I've already made a couple trays!" Yui giggles. "Now, we're going to use a baker's frosting bag to decorate the cupcakes, but you can get the frosting on just about any way you want to at home, Buddies!" Makoto explains cheerfully, using a spoon to guide her frosting into the frosting bag.

Carefully, she applies the frosting to each cupcake, leaving a different decoration on each. "And with that, Buddies, we're done!" Yui giggles. "I'm gonna share these cuppycakes with my friends, who will all of you Baking Buddies be sharing with? I hope it's someone special, and I hope they love your baking! Great day, and great baking!"

The camera drone switches to a multi-angle closeup of Yui's completed rows of cupcakes, before flashing her outro title superimposed over a picture of Banana wrapped around a frosting-covered whisk.

#35 - 2016-10-25 10:24:59 UTC
I cannot say I am much a fan of baking, although I am quite experienced in the use of an oven.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

#36 - 2016-10-25 18:42:07 UTC
I drew a little bit of fan art. Mr. Ficus is too small, but I hope I at least came close with Banana. Ficus Hearts Banana!
#37 - 2016-10-25 18:50:25 UTC
Loai Qerl wrote:
I drew a little bit of fan art. Mr. Ficus is too small, but I hope I at least came close with Banana. Ficus Hearts Banana!

I need to speak to the crew chief about keeping a pet onboard, that is adorable.
#38 - 2016-10-25 22:03:11 UTC
Loai Qerl wrote:

"Whoa, that's awesome! Such cool art! Xianghua took her ficus back, so I was unable to ask it how it felt about the likeness, but Banana seems happy enough!" Yui holds her left arm up, showing a very pleased looking Banana coiling around contentedly.

2 PagesPrevious page12