These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

With the new rules, what happens to character traiding?

Author
Lineea Spacebolt
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-10-24 14:19:36 UTC
Will character trading be illigal aswell?
Dark Lord Trump
0.0 Massive Dynamic
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2016-10-24 14:29:57 UTC
Have you even bothered to read the changes to the EULA?

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

Lineea Spacebolt
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-10-24 14:33:23 UTC
Dark Lord Trump wrote:

Yes but my head hurts when i try remember it.
Lasisha Mishi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2016-10-24 14:37:23 UTC
Lineea Spacebolt wrote:
Dark Lord Trump wrote:

character trading out of game is still very much ill advised.

if you get scammed. CCP will say "you deserved it"

but, using the CCP supported character bazaar(with the 2 plex transfer cost) is legal still
Memphis Baas
#5 - 2016-10-24 15:03:27 UTC
Character trading rules are probably unchanged:

1. If you transfer a character between YOUR accounts (they are registered to your name in Account Management), then you can just do it.

2. If you trade a character (transfer it from your account to someone else's), then you have to follow the Character Bazaar rules.
Imperator Kane
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2016-10-24 15:05:39 UTC
Lasisha Mishi wrote:
Lineea Spacebolt wrote:
Dark Lord Trump wrote:

character trading out of game is still very much ill advised.

if you get scammed. CCP will say "you deserved it"

but, using the CCP supported character bazaar(with the 2 plex transfer cost) is legal still

Incorrect... CCP still considers character scamming to a big no no and will be subjected to the big ban hammer if found guilty.

Cannibal Kane was my Test Character.

Prometheus Alpha
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-10-24 15:18:15 UTC
You can't even give a character away.

My brother is calling from Doomheim! 🕷 Death is Endless 🕷

Memphis Baas
#8 - 2016-10-24 15:19:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
Confirming that:

1. It's against the EULA to scam with character sales (misrepresent the skills, sec. status, implants, etc.).
2. The only way to transfer characters is from the Account Management (paying the fee). Per the Bazaar rules the fee payment is the responsibility of the seller.
3. Transferring the account (giving someone else the login info) is against the EULA and will result in a ban.

So basically you can't transfer accounts, you can only transfer characters, and only by paying the transfer fee. And you can only sell characters for in-game ISK, so no RMT is allowed.

EDIT: if you give a character away (if you don't receive the fair value ISK for it), CCP will assume that you received dollars or euros for it, and ban you.
Prometheus Alpha
Doomheim
#9 - 2016-10-24 15:22:01 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Confirming that:

1. It's against the EULA to scam with character sales (misrepresent the skills, sec. status, implants, etc.).
2. The only way to transfer characters is from the Account Management (paying the fee). Per the Bazaar rules the fee payment is the responsibility of the seller.
3. Transferring the account (giving someone else the login info) is against the EULA and will result in a ban.

So basically you can't transfer accounts, you can only transfer characters, and only by paying the transfer fee. And you can only sell characters for in-game ISK, so no RMT is allowed.

I believe he asked about trading characters, which used to be legal.

Lineea Spacebolt
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-10-24 15:44:38 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Confirming that:

EDIT: if you give a character away (if you don't receive the fair value ISK for it), CCP will assume that you received dollars or euros for it, and ban you.

yea thats what i was talking about. selling character for isk within Bazaar rules
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#11 - 2016-10-24 17:28:50 UTC
Prometheus Alpha wrote:
You can't even give a character away.

Yes you can ... just pay the character transfer fee, and make a post on the bazaar about the private sale, so there is a transaction record.
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#12 - 2016-10-24 19:23:37 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:

3. ... (giving someone else the login info) is against the EULA and will result in a ban.

Unless you're in a huge alliance and you're sharing Supercap or Cyno logins. Then it sort of becomes don't ask, don't tell. Because CCP really can't afford to ban the number of players who do this - it would probably kill the game.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#13 - 2016-10-24 21:07:05 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Memphis Baas wrote:

3. ... (giving someone else the login info) is against the EULA and will result in a ban.

Unless you're in a huge alliance and you're sharing Supercap or Cyno logins. Then it sort of becomes don't ask, don't tell. Because CCP really can't afford to ban the number of players who do this - it would probably kill the game.

I don't think challenging CCP Peligro is a wise idea.
Prometheus Alpha
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-10-24 22:28:24 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
I don't think challenging CCP Peligro is a wise idea.

I agree. Spartacus did a lot for "violence in the workplace"...but it didn't end so well for him. Cry

Do we have a solid answer to the OP?

Can we go to the Character Bazaar and post a WTT (Want To Trade) thread like the good old days?

*not trolling