These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stupid Mistakes ^^

Author
Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#1 - 2012-01-15 08:05:08 UTC
After my stupid mistake this morning, what silly stupid mistakes have you done? (and no I don't mean coming back to eve, or not cancelling etc)

Mine was I was selling some Juggernauts on the market and in my half asleep only just started on the coffee state, put the number to sell in the price box, woohoo, a nice Brokers Fee of just under 213mil Oops so I've worked a week for nothing, but meh I don't play eve to make loads of isk, I build ammo just for something to do so I'm not that annoyed. (although a warning box would be nice, like when you're buying something that's well over market average) but meh.

Tionscal Gaterau
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-01-15 11:40:00 UTC
Mine was blowing half of my fortune on PI in a wormhole when we promptly got booted out of the WH another corp in there.
Mardero
#3 - 2012-01-15 19:12:35 UTC
Getting suicide ganked with a shitload of high value tags in a standard hauler. I did learn something that day.
Roscojameson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-01-15 19:36:08 UTC
I had a bad one this morning too.

I just got standings with Carthum Conglomerate to do lvl 4's, so I decided to run one in my ishtar(my BS skills suck). My two sons woke up mid-mission, and me not thinking much of it(used to lvl 3's and lower) got up to make them some cereal. I come back and I'm at about 15% armor. I didn't quite have enough time to get out of there.Sad
Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#5 - 2012-01-15 20:04:35 UTC
Roscojameson wrote:
I didn't quite have enough time to get out of there.Sad

Ouch!, I have problems dual boxing missions, normally run through L4's with a CNR on 1 and a Drone Domi on the other, trying to remember which is armor tank and which is shield tank.....
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-01-15 20:13:00 UTC
I was buying raw mats in Jita for Large CCC's to sell in Sinq pretty regularly. I would buy enough for about 10 or 20 at a time since it was easy to get a quick return. I had a good stack of isk going and said, well...why not 200? What could go wrong?

Didn't bother looking at the price trends for these salvage parts and this recent ship that came out....called the Noctis.

Needless to say, I lost about 3 mil per CCC on that.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Kraillach
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-01-15 23:32:27 UTC
@ Zifrian - the Noctis is a beast for salv, i run 4 tractor beams and 4 salvs. clear out a 200 wreck site in about 10 - 15mins. so i can deff see how that would hav hurt ya a bit.

My mistake was being really tired and thinkin that rattin in a shiny new drake that i built for corp was a good idea..........Oops

ship didn't die but i was lucky to get out alive after gettin on the nod, had 30% structure left LOL
Invictra Atreides
Toward the Terra
#8 - 2012-01-16 00:26:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Invictra Atreides
My friends telling me there are 2 hostile Drakes in the WH and how they already blow up one. And while I'm lecturing then about being more careful I have my Badger II at a POCO and totaly not thinking while I'm in Planet mode and got blown up. Oh the irony.

BlogTutorials | Youtube "I don’t know everything, I just know what I know."

Vai Tanis
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-01-16 00:57:28 UTC
Being the sort of player who likes to try everything and does find mining oddly soothing at times I decided I'd use my holiday to finally train up the skill to fly a Covetor. So I scrolled down to Spaceship Command, queued the skill and off I went.

Imagine my confusion when I got back to discover that I still couldn't fly a damn Covetor, but the tractor beams and salvagers on my Noctis were godly.

ORE Industrial V sounded like the right skill... Lol
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#10 - 2012-01-16 04:28:22 UTC
Attacking a POS in a 2.5b ISK Tengu has been the highlight of my stupidity, but I'm sure I can top it if I try hard enough.
Kale Eledar
Venerated Industries
#11 - 2012-01-16 23:18:16 UTC
Taking my Orca, full of battlecruisers, 44 jumps through nullsec with a cloak and ECM burst/drones (which was dumb enough Bear), getting to our home station, and having to leave it there 3 days later because of SBU spamming/attacks/asset movement.
FFS.

I finally managed to sell it though, about two months later.

First come smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Bifordus Maximus
MissoCorp
#12 - 2012-01-17 01:52:32 UTC
Mine was going through an obvious Null sec gate camp of death with a loki, only to get podded, get another loki then go through the same gate again in less than an hour... Im a smart man. Ugh
Mardero
#13 - 2012-01-17 03:36:41 UTC
I just had another one: I was happily missioning in my Rattlesnake when a ninja salvager showed up in a Thrasher. He stole from one of my cans, I decided to shoot him (bad decision). The Thrasher turned out to be fitted with a web and scram which held me in place and a Navy Domi + Abaddon combo appeared to help the ninja. I concentrated my fire on the Thrasher, failing to spot the armor repair bots and the armor transporter helping out the Thrasher from the Domi for a while (didn't have my overview set up for PVP, either) - that ship was fitted specifically to repair the Thrasher - while the Abaddon melted my shields down. I was using another alt to RR the Rattlesnake (which did not have a passive fit - I was trying out dualboxing using RR with a low-sp char). After that alt was popped, it was pretty much over.

Trying out dualboxing with 2x Triple RR Domis now. :)
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#14 - 2012-01-17 10:13:50 UTC
Heh. mines a recent one.

So the only mitigating factor is I'm drunk.

Anyway.. I'm fitting my lovely new loki after my last one got blown up and I start to get confused, the ehp is a little lower than it should be. I'm checking and checking and realised t1 extender rigs not t2 have been fitted.

Not so bad....

So I look for them and can't find them...

Now I know I'd brought them to my little home in low sec but could I find those rigs could I hell.

Then a brainwave, check the last ship I fitted last night after I'd hauled the rigs.

Yip that's right...... I own a t2 rig fitted nano shield cane :(

It needs to be purged with fire :D
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#15 - 2012-01-17 10:36:26 UTC
I warped to gate last night knowing that there is bubble on it with uncloaking cans, but local was empty and I assumed its ok. It was not.

Some Legio guys jumping into that system while I was in warp had a jackpot :p

Fortunately I have about 3000 more of the same stuff that dropped ;)

I'm mostly irritated by the pod tho. I dont like these invasive procedures after the ship pops.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Kagan Storm
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-01-17 13:36:47 UTC
Replaying to this kind of treads.... Bear

My ego is the the size of my carriers jump range.

Nouska Iljagovic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-01-17 20:44:05 UTC
^ horrible spelling!
Urich VonWolfenstein
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-01-18 00:18:24 UTC
It was reaaaly late and i was reaaaly high and i was reealy bored

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=10965195

Did i win?
Endura Atreides
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-01-18 08:37:39 UTC
thinking it was a good idea to log on after a heavy night out with mates.

Logged on, jumped in officer fit CNR (back when the CNR was 700+mill alone), warping to a level 4 mission, promptly falling asleep waking up dribbling on keyboard in my pod and 5/6bill of ship flotsom around me
Juliana Stinger
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-01-18 13:43:59 UTC
Bought 14mil cheaper Orca deep in low sec, now i have to figure out how to move it out of there :P