These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

The top five boats in need of a buff

Author
Masatoshi Hamada
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-01-18 03:56:56 UTC
You have five boats are most in need of a buff to what do you think?

1. Augoror

Amarr Cruiser Skill Bonus: 10% bonus to armor hitpoints per level and 10% bonus to capacitor need of energy transfer arrays per level.

Role bonus: 500% bonus to range of energy transfer arrays.

This ship is useless transfer capacitor has a bonus. It is a too small ship It needs to be for a remote repairer.

2. Eos

Battlecruiser Skill Bonus: 5% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret damage and 7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer effectiveness per level

Command Ships Skill Bonus: +15 m3 extra Drone Bay space and 3% bonus to effectiveness of Information Warfare Links per level

Role Bonus: 99% reduction in Warfare Link module CPU need. Can use 3 Warfare Link modules simultaneously.

CSM Minutes has discussing on this, but it needs a better link rather than Information Warfare.

3. Procurer

Mining Barge Skill Bonus: 3% better yield for Strip Miners per level.

Role Bonus: Able to equip Strip Miner and Ice Harvester turrets.

Quote from Evelopedia: "Quite possibly the worst mining ship in the game next to the Rookie Ships, the Procurer-class is most commonly used as a component for building its Tech 2 counterpart, the Skiff."

There is some problem where there is a built ship specifically for mining, yet often it is told to skip right over it as it is useless. Perhaps it could have using a 2% increase in better strip mining yield.

4. Hel

Minmatar Carrier Skill Bonuses:
50% bonus to Capital Shield and Armor transfer range per level
5% bonus to Shield and Armor transfer amount per level
99% reduction in CPU need for Warfare Link modules
Can fit Projected Electronic Counter Measures
Can deploy 3 additional Fighters, Fighter Bombers or Drones per level
Can fit 1 additional Warfare Link module per level
200% bonus to Fighter and Fighter Bomber control range Immune to all forms of Electronic Warfare

What this ship needs it better tank. Nyx, which is used a lot more has a good bonus to fighters damage but not a best tank. What Hel should do is fill in this gap, while also getting rid of Armor Transfer bonus. Why would you need to do a such thing in a super carrier?

5. Hyperion

Gallente Battleship Skill Bonus: 5% large hybrid weapon damage and 7.5% bonus to armor repair amount of armor repair systems per level.

This ship costs a lot. What can be done to try and fix this would be lower building requirements, like less minerals needed to build this ship. At the least, make it the cheapest of the tier 3 battleships.
Dyaven
#2 - 2012-01-18 04:00:11 UTC
The Hyperion needs a tracking bonus. It fails at being a blaster boat compared to the Mega because of this.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#3 - 2012-01-18 04:09:46 UTC
The Hype is actually pretty sweet...

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Dyaven
#4 - 2012-01-18 04:14:20 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
The Hype is actually pretty sweet...

-Liang

If it costed half as much as it did I would love the thing, but at 160m I'd rather buy a t2 cruiser+fittings or even better, three fully fit Hurricanes.
Masatoshi Hamada
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-01-18 04:16:32 UTC
Dyaven wrote:
The Hyperion needs a tracking bonus. It fails at being a blaster boat compared to the Mega because of this.

Hmm, you can be right on that too. It is a higher tier ship, so why not some better tracking?

What ships do you (and Liang) too think personally are some 5 ships that are in most need of a buff?
Hoskoal Ricks
#6 - 2012-01-18 04:17:16 UTC
How did the hype make your list, but not the eagle?
Masatoshi Hamada
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-01-18 04:22:26 UTC
Hoskoal Ricks wrote:
How did the hype make your list, but not the eagle?

It is of a personal preference, although it is in my top ten. I read before that it is one of the least used ships in Eve (I do not know of current figures that detail what people are flying)

Forgive my ignorance, but I think the Eagle is put in jeopardy by the Naga. Perhaps it could use some higher bonus to range?
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-01-18 04:26:39 UTC
Eos. fully agreed.
Goose99
#9 - 2012-01-18 04:27:51 UTC
So Aurguor made the list? How about Exequor? Among lots of ships that no one ever mentions needing a boost because they're so bad no one cares for them.Lol

Btw, Hype sucks. But not to the degree of being forgotten. Aurguror & company are what truly needing love...
Dyaven
#10 - 2012-01-18 04:28:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Dyaven
In no particular order:

*takes breath*

Brutix
Prophecy
Cyclone
Ferox
Hyperion
Eagle
Deimos
Enyo (probably solved with incoming AS buff)
Retribution (same)
Eos
Astarte
Redeemer
Widow
Sin
Panther
Kronos
Oneiros
Augoror
Omen
Maller
Moa
Thorax
Scythe
Bellicose
Exequor

*exhale*
Masatoshi Hamada
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-01-18 04:31:56 UTC
Goose99 wrote:
So Aurguor made the list? How about Exequor? Among lots of ships that no one ever mentions needing a boost because they're so bad no one cares for them.Lol

Btw, Hype sucks. But not to the degree of being forgotten. Aurguror & company are what truly needing love...

I have found that some prefer the Exequor for a mining cruiser instead of the Osprey, although this role in itself is limited. Tech 1 logistic ships (Augoror, Osprey, Exequor and Scythe) should probably all have looking at.
Goose99
#12 - 2012-01-18 04:38:44 UTC
Dyaven wrote:
In no particular order:

*takes breath*

Brutix
Prophecy
Cyclone
Ferox
Hyperion
Eagle
Deimos
Enyo (probably solved with incoming AS buff)
Retribution (same)
Eos
Astarte
Redeemer
Widow
Sin
Panther
Kronos
Oneiros
Augoror
Omen
Maller
Moa
Thorax
Scythe
Bellicose
Exequor

*exhale*

Cyclone is fine. It's overshadowed by cane, but still better compared to most other BCs.

I use Panther for lol cloaky gank. It has that wtf factor.Lol

Widow is pwnage for ecm. It's not gimpy, except for price, and the "omg expensive boat KILL IT!" combined with "ECM! KILL IT!" factors.

Oneiros is already buffed. Still subpar to Guardian pvp, but usable.
Hoskoal Ricks
#13 - 2012-01-18 04:48:40 UTC
Masatoshi Hamada wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but I think the Eagle is put in jeopardy by the Naga. Perhaps it could use some higher bonus to range?

I hope that was a troll/joke. The eagle didn't see any use prior to the naga's existence and it's dual range bonus is the primary reason for that.
Masatoshi Hamada
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-01-18 04:51:06 UTC
Hoskoal Ricks wrote:
Masatoshi Hamada wrote:

I hope that was a troll/joke. The eagle didn't see any use prior to the naga's existence and it's dual range bonus is the primary reason for that.

Ah, okay. So it needs one of these range bonuses taken away, and an increase to damage.
Aestivalis Saidrian
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#15 - 2012-01-18 04:53:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Aestivalis Saidrian
Goose99 wrote:
So about Exequor?

The hell you smoking. With how dirt cheap deadspace remote armor reps are, you can make an Exequror a credible logistics boat. Fragile, yeah but it'd still put out some great reps

Like so:

[Exequror, Remote Repper]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I

Y-S8 Hydrocarbon Afterburners
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Corelum C-Type Medium Remote Armor Repair System
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

This will run you under 35m, and can be used by a week old character with the correct skill order.
Liam Mirren
#16 - 2012-01-18 07:03:47 UTC
Any list that doesn't have the Navy Osprey on it is by definition incomplete. Go and try make a Nosprey fit that makes sense, I dare you.

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

Exploited Engineer
Creatively Applied Violence Inc.
#17 - 2012-01-18 07:32:07 UTC
Hoskoal Ricks wrote:

Yes. Rip out one range bonus, replace with damage or ROF bonus.

Also, why do the Gallente get a railgun platform (Enyo, I'm looking at you! Optimal range bonuses aren't for blaster boats.), while the Caldari lack a blaster platform (you know: Damage bonus, tracking bonus, falloff bonus)?
Archare
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-01-18 07:55:25 UTC
Exploited Engineer wrote:
Hoskoal Ricks wrote:

Yes. Rip out one range bonus, replace with damage or ROF bonus.

Also, why do the Gallente get a railgun platform (Enyo, I'm looking at you! Optimal range bonuses aren't for blaster boats.), while the Caldari lack a blaster platform (you know: Damage bonus, tracking bonus, falloff bonus)?

Enyo is a rail platform? I must be doing it wrong then.......

Anyways top 5 on my list would be

Eagle
Even the market can't give them away for minerals right now

Eos
This is probably due mainly to how much info links suck, but the hull itself could use some tweaks as well so the tank is comparable to the damnation

Augoror
So obscure i don't even know what this ship does

Sin
Who thought a cloaky ship that uses drones was a good idea?

Ewar frigs
do people fly these things?

Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Horse Feathers
CAStabouts
#19 - 2012-01-18 11:13:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Aestivalis Saidrian wrote:
Goose99 wrote:
So about Exequor?

The hell you smoking. With how dirt cheap deadspace remote armor reps are, you can make an Exequror a credible logistics boat. Fragile, yeah but it'd still put out some great reps

Like so:

[Exequror, Remote Repper]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I

Y-S8 Hydrocarbon Afterburners
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

This will run you under 35m, and can be used by a week old character with the correct skill order.

Nah man....the exequror has a bonus to cargo bay. It's begging to be run with a cap booster. You can run four reps that way, for about 10 minutes.

Speaking of active cap, the Hyperion is an amazing gate brawler in dual rep setup with cap boosters. Not so much a large fleet ship, but great in small scale.

thhief ghabmoef

Naradius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-01-18 12:22:30 UTC
Phantasm

It looks cool in the hanger, but suffered big time with the Sansha nerf - terrible HP and no cap.

Ishtar

I don't know...whatever I try or do with it, I can always find something better to use for PvP...makes me a sad bunny. Never recovered from the nano nerf.

Eos

I agree with previous posts. Info links suck, so as a Cpmmand Ship the Eos sucks.

Deimos

What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

Only 4?...hmmm, ok - most Caldari hybrid/rail platforms need some kind of buff.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

123Next page