These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
 

[IKAME] Directive Alpha Gamma 12 and the Society

Author
#21 - 2016-10-17 18:24:57 UTC
Jjaro Durandal wrote:
@MatarRonin
Did you make that comment seriously?



For the sake of everyone, I hope not.

Feels Pretty Soft to Me.

#22 - 2016-10-18 00:06:37 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Pilot Priano I do not put the SOCT on the same level as the big four, if you do I hope you are happy with that. The big four each have trillions of citizens living under their control and influence, can the same be said of SOCT?

Your accusations of what the motives of the SOE are might all be correct, and they might all be wrong.

You simply rang the alarm bell without sufficient evidence pilot, in my humble less informed opinion


The CONCORD Inner Circle, as defined by the Yulai Accords, considers the Society on the same level as the "big four" as they are now the holder of the Jove's seat on the council. The Jovian Directorate had a seat equal to the each of the seats of the four main empires. They withdrew from the Inner Circle and named the Society of Conscious Thought as their successor.

So, as Makoto illustrated, this is on the same level as the Sisters circumventing any of the other four consistuent members of the Inner Circle.

Furthermore, the Society not only inherited the Jovian's seat on the Inner Circle, but also their corporate and technological assets. Of particular note in this circumstance is the Jovian medical technology.

And the Sisters avoided exposing their new cloning technology to the Society.

And given the presence that the Sisters have been maintaining in the Drifter Hives? If we care at all for the safety of humanity, we have an obligation to raise a concern.

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Gallente Federation
#23 - 2016-10-18 01:29:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jjaro Durandal
From my brief glance at the article; it seemed as if CONCORD had it's issue with the cloning tech laying firmly in the realm of military application by the 'big four'. More than likely in their use of it against one another.
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2016-10-18 01:44:58 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
we ask CONCORD to use Directive Alpha Gamma 12


Before we call upon CONCORD to invoke Directive Alpha Gamma 12, perhaps we might want to actually be allowed to know the text of Directive Alpha Gamma 12?

I mean, if the Directive indicates that all parties have to be brought up to parity with the other powers, it's possible that the Society has this technology already, and the Sisters were bringing everyone else to parity. We simply don't know.

And therein lies a significant chunk of the problems we have evaluating any of CONCORD's moves: We don't actually have the text of the Yulai Accords. Which means there's all sorts of technicalities and questions about CONCORD's behavior, options, and even their powers, that we're simply not able to evaluate. And with CONCORD claiming the mandate of governing our actions and interactions, shouldn't we be entitled to know the actual text of the laws we're supposed to be governed by?
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2016-10-18 01:53:50 UTC
Jennifer Starfall wrote:
And the Sisters avoided exposing their new cloning technology to the Society.


For all we know, the Sisters didn't give the Society this technology because—as you point out—the Society has the Jove biotech library, which likely includes cloning technology. To think that the clone and pod technology that the Jove shared with us was their most advanced examples would be the height of hubris.

It's very likely this entire request is akin to requesting that the Caldari State be forced to share butane fire technology with the Amarr Empire.
#26 - 2016-10-18 03:20:30 UTC
Jennifer Starfall wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:
Pilot Priano I do not put the SOCT on the same level as the big four, if you do I hope you are happy with that. The big four each have trillions of citizens living under their control and influence, can the same be said of SOCT?

Your accusations of what the motives of the SOE are might all be correct, and they might all be wrong.

You simply rang the alarm bell without sufficient evidence pilot, in my humble less informed opinion


The CONCORD Inner Circle, as defined by the Yulai Accords, considers the Society on the same level as the "big four" as they are now the holder of the Jove's seat on the council. The Jovian Directorate had a seat equal to the each of the seats of the four main empires. They withdrew from the Inner Circle and named the Society of Conscious Thought as their successor.

So, as Makoto illustrated, this is on the same level as the Sisters circumventing any of the other four consistuent members of the Inner Circle.

Furthermore, the Society not only inherited the Jovian's seat on the Inner Circle, but also their corporate and technological assets. Of particular note in this circumstance is the Jovian medical technology.

And the Sisters avoided exposing their new cloning technology to the Society.

And given the presence that the Sisters have been maintaining in the Drifter Hives? If we care at all for the safety of humanity, we have an obligation to raise a concern.
Something went bump in the night and some of you are flailing about like maniacs.

You don't know what SOE was obligated to share, you suspect, but you don't know.

You don't know why SOE didn't share, you suspect, but you don't know.

You don't know what SOCT knows, because they haven't shared it with capsuleers, you suspect, but you don't know.

About the only thing you know is that things, seemingly important things are happening way above your pay grade and you want to stomp your feet, pout, and demand action.

Really?

Can any citizen of the New Eden Cluster demand that Directive AG 12 be invoked?
Or just the really self important ones?

When did the New Eden Cluster become a monarchy? Power is inherited by the SOCT? When was that written before or after it happened?

The entire angry silly rant is moot because Concord does not respond to capsuleer complaints, they will invoke no actions against anyone because a few capsuleers think the SOE is not playing by the rules. Not that those making the complaints even know the rules or the context, you suspect, but you don't really know.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

#27 - 2016-10-18 03:40:40 UTC
Quote:
In a turn of events that one source described as "satisfyingly embarrassing for the Inspector General", each delegation confirmed that they had been supplied the basic specifications of the technology by the SOE.

The official communique notes the "development of novel techniques in cloning and personality transfer technology", affirms the "legality of its use for military purposes by signatories to the Yulai Convention" and "regrets that the Sisters of EVE have seen fit to bypass CONCORD treaties and the proper procedures for the transfer and sharing of technology within the interstellar community".
Perhaps I am wrong here and please correct me if I am. It seems like SOE shared the info that has a military application with every power in the Yulai Conference that has a military. Does the SOCT have a Navy or other sizable military force I am unaware of?

If SOCT did not know what was going on in the domains of the big four it's smoking gun proof that just because you inherit a seat doesn't make you qualified to sit in it.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Arataka Research Consortium
#28 - 2016-10-18 03:56:38 UTC
Sir, you speak a lot about angry silly rants. I worry that you might be projecting.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

#29 - 2016-10-18 04:49:24 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Sir, you speak a lot about angry silly rants. I worry that you might be projecting.
Well yes I can admit that possibility, will you?

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

#30 - 2016-10-18 15:25:35 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:
Sir, you speak a lot about angry silly rants. I worry that you might be projecting.
Well yes I can admit that possibility, will you?

Priano's public relation skills are flawless, she would never behave in such a manner. Besides, what would she rant about?

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

#31 - 2016-10-18 16:34:15 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:
Sir, you speak a lot about angry silly rants. I worry that you might be projecting.
Well yes I can admit that possibility, will you?

Priano's public relation skills are flawless, she would never behave in such a manner. Besides, what would she rant about?
Yawn, forum groupies, why they find it necessary to speak for their heroes always entertains, but only mildly.

That high school need to identify with the cool kids syndrome runs strong with some many years after they should have matured beyond it.

Imagine a human being with "flawless public relation skills", lol.
The sad for the forum groupie part is that Pilot Priano herself would never claim such a thing.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

#32 - 2016-10-18 16:41:58 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:
Sir, you speak a lot about angry silly rants. I worry that you might be projecting.
Well yes I can admit that possibility, will you?

Priano's public relation skills are flawless, she would never behave in such a manner. Besides, what would she rant about?
Yawn, forum groupies, why they find it necessary to speak for their heroes always entertains, but only mildly.

That high school need to identify with the cool kids syndrome runs strong with some many years after they should have matured beyond it.

Imagine a human being with "flawless public relation skills", lol.
The sad for the forum groupie part is that Pilot Priano herself would never claim such a thing.

She's far from flawless. She is however less flawed than many others. Also I don't see her stepping in on many things aside from ARC matters. She doesn't really have that many things to rant about unless it's about her own endeavors which would be odd to say the least.
#33 - 2016-10-18 21:45:42 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Jennifer Starfall wrote:
And the Sisters avoided exposing their new cloning technology to the Society.


For all we know, the Sisters didn't give the Society this technology because—as you point out—the Society has the Jove biotech library, which likely includes cloning technology. To think that the clone and pod technology that the Jove shared with us was their most advanced examples would be the height of hubris.

It's very likely this entire request is akin to requesting that the Caldari State be forced to share butane fire technology with the Amarr Empire.


My worry isn't that the technology is superior to what the Society already has access to via former Jovian resources. My concern is that there is something inherently risky or dangerous about it that the Sisters are trying to hide.

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Arataka Research Consortium
#34 - 2016-10-18 22:24:07 UTC
Arrendis, I don't see why your laziness to go over to the CONCORD's page and look at the text of Conventions should count as an argument "I can't read". You're what, a pod pilot and an officer, it shouldn't be that hard.

Next time you are going to ask us how do you open doors with consoles?
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2016-10-19 01:52:13 UTC
Well, Jaret, since you're so amazingly superior, why don't you quote the full text of Directive Alpha Gamma 12?
#36 - 2016-10-19 02:23:19 UTC
Jaret Victorian wrote:
Arrendis, I don't see why your laziness to go over to the CONCORD's page and look at the text of Conventions should count as an argument "I can't read". You're what, a pod pilot and an officer, it shouldn't be that hard.

Next time you are going to ask us how do you open doors with consoles?


She wouldn't have made that argument if she can actually *find* the documents to read.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Arataka Research Consortium
#37 - 2016-10-19 04:19:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaret Victorian
Here, I got this one for you.
Directive Alpha Gamma 12 wrote:
I am not your secretary.

What kind of argument is this anyway - sorry officer, I didn't know you get arrested for killing people since I didn't read laws.
#38 - 2016-10-19 04:43:21 UTC
If you reproduce the full text of the Directive, I'll give you a billion ISK. However, I imagine you'll get the same answer as I did when I asked. Something, something, go away.

Retainer of Lady Newelle and House Sarum.

"Those who step into the light shall be redeemed, the sins of their past cleansed, so that they may know salvation." -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

Virtue. Valor. Victory.

#39 - 2016-10-19 05:26:14 UTC
Jaret Victorian wrote:
Here, I got this one for you.
Directive Alpha Gamma 12 wrote:
I am not your secretary.

What kind of argument is this anyway - sorry officer, I didn't know you get arrested for killing people since I didn't read laws.


Again, you can't read the laws if you aren't provided the law book to read. Is it that hard to figure out this concept?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Caldari State
#40 - 2016-10-19 05:37:47 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:
Sir, you speak a lot about angry silly rants. I worry that you might be projecting.
Well yes I can admit that possibility, will you?

Priano's public relation skills are flawless, she would never behave in such a manner. Besides, what would she rant about?

That's quite ignorant point of view. Priano has already displayed herself to whole IGS as a liar, as dishonorable person and as a coward, who couldn't answer for her words.
Here is the reference to refresh the memory: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=381560

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
Forum Jump