These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
ru-eve com
Doomheim
#1141 - 2016-07-08 06:59:47 UTC
Ploing wrote:
ru-eve com wrote:
Did they change Ashimmu burner over DT?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54980321/
Died in this yesterday, was my fault - didnt overheat launchers and shield compensation skills were 0. Left ashimmu only with 5% structure. Bought a same new one gila and killed him.

Now with all compensations 4...I died in 40 seconds!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54988235/

Killed only 1 sentinel.

Did they increase DPS overnight or what? I nearly broke my notebook in half when my shield jumped from 50% to 0% in like no time. Damn CCP!

edit:

bought a new one. Warped in, burner+team @ 5km. Literally shield didnt even go lower than 90%.
What the hell is wrong with these burners?

did you make a bug report and mentioned to this tread ? if so ccp lebowski will hopefully show up here.
but when its only you with the prob it will be not.

you can do this also in cerb, orth and an onyx which i preffer.

[Onyx, Burner ashimmu test]
Ballistic Control System II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile
Small Tractor Beam II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile

Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

disable tractor beam for all v.
oh launcher for the first sentinel.

I tend to outrage first, so not a single bug report was made Blink
Thing is - drone aggro. Burner or sentinels didn't aggro on drones at all that time, I can clearly see it from logs.
So yeah, it was just a small chance, just a game of korean icelandic random Lol
Thanks for the fit, but I dont have much SP nowadays, already used a few injectors to blitz lvl 4s, and like 10 of them to run burners. Not out of money, thou already have a negative farming balance of 8b, so no Onyx for me yet Bear

Varde Nor
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1142 - 2016-07-08 15:14:00 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Varde Nor wrote:
use hookbill instead of garmur

[Caldari Navy Hookbill, SOLO***Burner MWD Kite ]

5MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Domination Target Painter

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
[empty rig slot]

3172 m/s, 224 dps and it's cap stable. targeting 56k missiles go 47.5. works well with Torondir's kitsune or with griffin navy. in either case, jammed logi will let you run it very fast

this bill has way less perfomance as a similar pricetagged garmur and is only usefull with kinetic.

What do you mean by performance? DPS is higher, roughly equal using other missiles. Both are plenty fast. Price wise, you can lose a little dps and go meta 4 TPs. remember all damage types get a significant bonus, kinetic just gets more. even meta 4, the third TP over your average garmur is going to help.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1143 - 2016-07-08 15:54:29 UTC
Varde Nor wrote:
Ploing wrote:
Varde Nor wrote:
use hookbill instead of garmur

Cap Recharger II

[empty rig slot]

3172 m/s, 224 dps and it's cap stable. targeting 56k missiles go 47.5. works well with Torondir's kitsune or with griffin navy. in either case, jammed logi will let you run it very fast

this bill has way less perfomance as a similar pricetagged garmur and is only usefull with kinetic.

What do you mean by performance? DPS is higher, roughly equal using other missiles. Both are plenty fast. Price wise, you can lose a little dps and go meta 4 TPs. remember all damage types get a significant bonus, kinetic just gets more. even meta 4, the third TP over your average garmur is going to help.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1144 - 2016-07-08 16:03:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Ploing wrote:
Varde Nor wrote:
Ploing wrote:
[quote=Varde Nor]use hookbill instead of garmur

Cap Recharger II

[empty rig slot]

dps is higher with scourge, but a garmur does more dameage on every type . the polarisized gamrur dit way more than 300 dps on each burner and thats before a ewar frig is come into mind.

[Garmur, Polarized rocket teamburner CHEAP]

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Range Script
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Range Script
Peripheral Compact Target Painter

Polarized Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I

cheap version at all v just try it instead on sisy
Xolerick
Xolera treatment corp.
#1145 - 2016-08-20 11:00:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Xolerick
Just a new fit for Supercarier Burner Mission - Guristas Base. It might be a bit expsnsive but me doing anomic mission farming I prefer 100% safe and effective then loose at least 1 ship and had to refit or run for a spare.

So I just finished that mission perfectly safe! Never was lower then 50% shields. In Gila fitted. The idea is u can just fly in straight line and play with your Shield booster. Web + Drones + Missiles dragonfly dead. Mantis at one time I forgot to switch on my Shield boost and got into armor just overheated the invul + SB and back to 100% shields =) So perfectly safe and nice

For Dragonflies ues EM damage (Infiltrator + Mjoln) die fast and quick. (so Mjoln did abt 250 on them, 141 scourge, 71 Inferno, 123 Nova)
For Manits I still prefered the Hamerheads will do more thourough checking later on.

[Gila, Guristas Anomic Base]
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Medium Capacitor Booster II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hammerhead II x5

Infiltrator II x 5

Scourge Precision Light Missile x1412
Mjolnir Precision Light Missile x1412
Navy Cap Booster 400 x20
Nya Kittenheart
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1146 - 2016-08-20 11:34:29 UTC
Xolerick wrote:

So I just finished that mission perfectly safe! Never was lower then 50% shields. In Gila fitted. The idea is u can just fly in straight line and play with your Shield booster. Web + Drones + Missiles dragonfly dead. Mantis at one time I forgot to switch on my Shield boost and got into armor just overheated the invul + SB and back to 100% shields =) So perfectly safe and nice

Time for completion of the mission please ?.Because honnestly i really wish CCP remove that mission and replace it with a proper gurista anomic base.
Xolerick
Xolera treatment corp.
#1147 - 2016-08-20 13:23:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Xolerick
Quote:
Time for completion of the mission please ?.Because honnestly i really wish CCP remove that mission and replace it with a proper gurista anomic base.

Hm... I would lie if I told you I remember =( But one thing is I hit a downtime warning timer and was in time so it was under 15 minutes not including travel. Which is fair enough. And 7.5 + 6 Mil of bounties + mission reward and sweet LP. I will time it next time I get it promise =)

What I did test because I felt 100% safe is I tested the different missiles. And I tried scourge fury they did 70 damage on Dragonflies, then Scourge precision did 141 and Inferno Precision did 120 somthing so I sticked with Scourge Precision =) Damage is per voley =)
Fade Azura
Weaponized Autists Cartel
#1148 - 2016-09-01 17:05:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Fade Azura
ive been doing the team burner missions in a non blinged ECM worm in about 5 minutes solo for each team burner

[Worm, Drone burner team worm]

1MN Afterburner II
CZ-4 Compact Gravimetric ECM

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

Hobgoblin II x2

270 dps and 1200+ ms cold

use mission specific damage types(drones and Missiles) and ECM

as soon as you land on the mission turn around and kite them at 25-30km. can usually jam the dps burner in a few cycle of ECM

after that he will run away from you and his logi ... and u can go after 1 of the logi follwing you and jam the other logi

you can burn the logi down 1 at a time fairly quickly and then just orbit the dps burner at 30km and use drones when u get a jam ..

i can do all the team burners like this in an alt with less then perfect skills and rarely lose a drone.

if you get some good jams you can do it probably faster then the 300 dps bling garmur (due to jamming the logi reps)
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#1149 - 2016-09-01 17:46:30 UTC
just stick to the Garmur fits - while the ECM fits are clever, it's just simply quicker and safer to stick with the Garmurs.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Bagatur I
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1150 - 2016-09-07 12:45:00 UTC
I know this is a thread for soloing missions, but I couldnt find anything good for running anomic agents with an alt.
what is the best role for an low-skilled alt for running anomic agent missions? additional firepower is kind of out of question due to low SP. would it be a remote repper or a jammer?
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1151 - 2016-09-07 13:28:57 UTC
You need to make sure the alt doesn't die so remote rep is probably a bad idea since it will be a slow logi frig. I would say a Griffin would be perfect, just orbit the one doing damage and jam all the things while keeping out of range
Bagatur I
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1152 - 2016-09-08 10:05:33 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
You need to make sure the alt doesn't die so remote rep is probably a bad idea since it will be a slow logi frig. I would say a Griffin would be perfect, just orbit the one doing damage and jam all the things while keeping out of range

I never used remote reppers before. I didnt realize they have such a short optimal. Jammer it is then. Thanks for input Big smile
Althalus Stenory
Flying Blacksmiths
#1153 - 2016-10-16 13:16:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Althalus Stenory
I've got a question: I tried the burner cruor with the wolf 2 times (with the recommended fit), but i was unable to break the cruor armor...

[Wolf, .aa. Blood Raider]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Coreli A-Type Thermal Plating

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Anti-Thermal Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Republic Fleet Fusion S x615
Navy Cap Booster 400 x2

I tried orbiting, slowboating away, keep at range, but nothing helps. I believe i'm doing something wrong, but i can't get what...
I didn't even manage to go through even 10% of its armor...
Any idea / advices ?

Thanks !

EsiPy - Python 2.7 / 3.3+ Swagger Client based on pyswagger for ESI

John Henke
Decompression Services
#1154 - 2016-10-16 15:32:18 UTC
Althalus Stenory wrote:

I tried orbiting, slowboating away, keep at range, but nothing helps. I believe i'm doing something wrong, but i can't get what...
Any idea / advices ?

Thanks !

The problem could be the Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier, which has a webbing strength of 55 %. You should try it with a Stasis Webifier II with 60 % webbing strength.

I use a SAAR as armor repairer and a 400mm plate to get over the reload time.

[Wolf, Burner Cruor]
Gyrostabilizer II
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Gyrostabilizer II
Coreli A-Type Thermal Plating

Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
Stasis Webifier II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
[empty high slot]

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II
Small Anti-Thermal Pump II

Republic Fleet Fusion S x480
Navy Cap Booster 400 x11
Nanite Repair Paste x24

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1155 - 2016-10-17 00:35:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Althalus Stenory wrote:

what john said and maybe change a gyro for a tracking enhancer if you got too much missed shots.
also try to get him into the structure is a good idea.
Althalus Stenory
Flying Blacksmiths
#1156 - 2016-10-17 09:06:44 UTC
Ploing wrote:
Althalus Stenory wrote:

what john said and maybe change a gyro for a tracking enhancer if you got too much missed shots.
also try to get him into the structure is a good idea.

Yep, I also though about this when I saw John's answers (also thanks to you) I'll try with a t2 web and a TE instead of one of the gyro next time, to see if it goes better :)
Thanks

EsiPy - Python 2.7 / 3.3+ Swagger Client based on pyswagger for ESI

Artassaut
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1157 - 2016-11-18 09:43:09 UTC
So with Command Bursts effecting your own ship without needing a fleet, allowing you to essentially have a tank module in your high slot, has this allowed any of the Anomic Base burners to be more readily and easily done with a battlecruiser as opposed to a cruiser?

I figure the Serpentis base is out of the question, which leaves the Angel and Blood base.
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1158 - 2016-11-18 12:02:09 UTC
Hmm interesting thought. Not so sure about Angel because even with 2 90% bonussed webs you still get quite a few low quality hits from the best tracking medium turreted weapons so Ideally you want 3 90% bonussed webs. Maybe drones + webs (a Myrm?) but the frigs absolutely demolish drones. Tanking isn't the issue in Angel Base since you can tank it in a T2 fit boat, it's application of damage more than anything else.

Reward wise Blood Base has really fallen off and the cap drain is a huge problem regarding tanking. Except for the Gila (and even then it 'tanks' with it's drones) you need a T2 ship for resists because you can't maintain any kind of active resist tank.

That said I haven't really looked at the burst module as I don't have those kinds of skills on this character so this is just some initial thoughts.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Artassaut
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1159 - 2016-11-20 04:37:26 UTC
For the Angel base: maybe using the faction battlecruisers with their 8 highslots to field 7 smartbombs, for those who want something a little safer to use than the Vigilant while being faster than the smartbomb Sacrilege.

Looking back at the BCs, none of them get a bonus to RLMLs, so that throws my ideas for dealing with the Blood Burner out of the window, unless a HAM (Navy) Drake can apply (Or even hit them in the first place) enough damage to the small frigates to be worth a darn.
Mad Kosiarz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1160 - 2016-12-14 01:50:40 UTC
Hey dudes

I got the Anomic Agent mission with Succubus, I only just came back to EVE after nearly a year of not playing. And before that I wasn't doing any missions. Hope you guys can help me.

I went through this thread, and found fit for pimped daredevil. I can tank the succubus no problem but I simply cannot get close enough to get in firing range. Since I didn't know this mission I lost 3 other frigates on this ;/ (not daredevils tho)

My fit:
[Daredevil, For Succubus ]
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Corelum C-Type Energized EM Membrane
Corelum C-Type Energized EM Membrane
Capacitor Power Relay II

Small Cap Battery II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
True Sansha Stasis Webifier

Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

Nanite Repair Paste x87
Void S x4546

After web, he orbits me at circa 850 m/s and I can get up to 650 m/s max. What am I doing wrong? I have most navigation skills on V
Thanks for any advice!