These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

♥♥♥ Thank you CCP ♥♥♥

First post
Author
Big Lynx
#1 - 2016-10-13 03:18:15 UTC
Finally you made Eve a better place again. #banrmt #stoplotterysites

Well done!
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#2 - 2016-10-13 04:19:48 UTC
Can't tell if sarcastic or not. What's the catch man? Your post is TOO positive compared to the other threads.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Big Lynx
#3 - 2016-10-13 04:42:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Big Lynx
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Can't tell if sarcastic or not. What's the catch man? Your post is TOO positive compared to the other threads.

no sarcasm. My honestly earned trills are now worth more again. :D and more important: ccp stopped ruining its own business by banning large scale rmting with 3rd party gambling sites. Best decision in years
Citricioni
#4 - 2016-10-13 05:43:46 UTC
and now go through the logs and give everyone EVERYTHING back! from start to today! :p
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#5 - 2016-10-13 06:32:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Big Lynx
#6 - 2016-10-13 06:39:36 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:

CCP make WIS and casino now!

THIS
The Butthole Licker
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-10-13 07:18:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Gallente Citizen 10441710
Yeah I'm stoked about the changes too. However, CCP should implement gambling into EVE. I would actually gamble instead of opting out of the rigged 3rd parties. The tax on gambling would be a good isk sink as well, and could be another way of drawing players into citadels.
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#8 - 2016-10-13 07:44:10 UTC
This is a great change and it's about time.

Allowing players to rake in great festering mountains of ISK with absolutely no risk to their in-game assets was never a good thing. Especially these 'slot machines' & 'raffles' where we have only the casino's word that the game is 'fair'.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-10-13 08:04:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Geronimo McVain
CCP could make a gambling API and "franchaise" it but they will not. This is the fallout from the cs:go case and CCP wants to stay on the save side.
BTW: wait till you see the effects. IWI and eve.bet have been great sponsors for ingame events and news sides.
Jovian Death
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-10-13 08:24:39 UTC
Im Glad they got rid of them

Its is after all about internet spaceships Big smile
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#11 - 2016-10-13 08:39:27 UTC
Citricioni wrote:
and now go through the logs and give everyone EVERYTHING back! from start to today! :p
Why? People chose to gamble and chose to keep their isk in even though this decision was quite obviously coming one way or the other. If you had a lot of isk with IWI then too bad.

The Butthole Licker wrote:
Yeah I'm stoked about the changes too. However, CCP should implement gambling into EVE. I would actually gamble instead of opting out of the rigged 3rd parties. The tax on gambling would be a good isk sink as well, and could be another way of drawing players into citadels.
Because ISK could be considered to have a real world value that would require them to be regulated. I don't think they want to jump through all the hoops it would take to run regulated gambling just to have an in game gambling system. It could be they could get away with some sort of token system where there's no way to extract or inject the tokens so it's a completely isolated system separate from isk/plex/cash, but then people wouldn't be winning isk so they wouldn't care.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#12 - 2016-10-13 08:45:57 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Because ISK could be considered to have a real world value that would require them to be regulated.

Unless you're a lawyer who specialises in this area, you are just talking out your arse.

Everything belongs to CCP and has no value to any player:

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game. Your Account, and all attributes of your Account, including all corporations, actions, groups, titles and characters, and all objects, currency and items acquired, developed or delivered by or to characters as a result of play through your Accounts, are the sole and exclusive property of CCP, including any and all copyrights and intellectual property rights in or to any and all of the same, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

witchking42
Signal Cartel
#13 - 2016-10-13 08:47:37 UTC
IRONY : CCP banning gambling, yet host their second biggest yearly event in the gambling capital of the world...Vegas!
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#14 - 2016-10-13 09:30:57 UTC
witchking42 wrote:
IRONY : CCP banning gambling, yet host their second biggest yearly event in the gambling capital of the world...Vegas!


in fairness, CCP hasn't actually banned gambling for ISK.

They're only banning gambling for ISK though 'games of chance' on third party websites.

I could still 'gamble' in-game easily. eg: 1v1 @ the sun for ISK100m?

Getting paid out, on the other hand, requires a certain level of honesty from both parties.

Is it Ironic that your literal definition is the exact opposite of the actual definition in this case? Or am I being ironically ironic?

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#15 - 2016-10-13 09:42:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Falkenberg Roenning
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-10-13 10:07:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Falkenberg Roenning
Gambling and entertainment citadels.... #EVEWheelOfFortune
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2016-10-13 10:14:04 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Because ISK could be considered to have a real world value that would require them to be regulated.

Unless you're a lawyer who specialises in this area, you are just talking out your arse.

Everything belongs to CCP and has no value to any player:

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game. Your Account, and all attributes of your Account, including all corporations, actions, groups, titles and characters, and all objects, currency and items acquired, developed or delivered by or to characters as a result of play through your Accounts, are the sole and exclusive property of CCP, including any and all copyrights and intellectual property rights in or to any and all of the same, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

That may be technically correct, but it doesn't stop people from buying ISK for cash.

A signature :o

Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2016-10-13 10:25:58 UTC
Shallanna Yassavi wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Because ISK could be considered to have a real world value that would require them to be regulated.

Unless you're a lawyer who specialises in this area, you are just talking out your arse.

Everything belongs to CCP and has no value to any player:

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game. Your Account, and all attributes of your Account, including all corporations, actions, groups, titles and characters, and all objects, currency and items acquired, developed or delivered by or to characters as a result of play through your Accounts, are the sole and exclusive property of CCP, including any and all copyrights and intellectual property rights in or to any and all of the same, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

That may be technically correct, but it doesn't stop people from buying ISK for cash.


And they are also punished when caught.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Knight Jay
Doomheim
#19 - 2016-10-13 10:44:53 UTC
I want to see everyone involved with it banned.
its all a bit shabby. gambling, charities, rmt.
even the "INNOCENT" ones must of known about the rmt. Not to mentions the odd fact several invested huge amounts into assets and placing things under the protection of "charity" because ccp obviously wouldn't want pr backlash of removing a charity related thing as part of this.
Ban them all just on the grounds of bringing the game into disrepute!
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#20 - 2016-10-13 11:15:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Disrepute? It is about dystopian future where psychopathic demigods rule the cosmos! They slay millions of people like cattle every day!
What can be more disreputable? That they lie about something? Probably lie is every word they say, that is why honest, honorable man is worth his weight in PLEX, its so unusual. Everyone else resorts to normal trollin', griefin', scammin', stealin', and gamblin' stuff.

Why else EVE would be called real?

Disrepute is like second name for EVE Online.
12Next page